Russell Wilson 25th in the Top 100

McGruff

Reaction score
And when you have Sherman and zbennett and other in other teams Locker rooms badmouthing him, that counts for something

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
McGruff":3fdi8y9w said:
And when you have Sherman and zbennett and other in other teams Locker rooms badmouthing him, that counts for something
There was a segment on Cowherd where it was revealed that most players legit think Stafford is better QB than Wilson is.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
No matter...let the games begin! It's going to be an interesting year for Russell. I think this years offering from this team is going to be something special.

pehawk

Reaction score
McGruff":1h3mwky9 said:

I doubt Bennett is saying anything negative, Sweetie. Kinda the opposite of how he feels about Russ.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I had to laugh. Ain't no damn way in hell there are 24 players better than Russell Wilson in the NFL. Cornerbacks and tight ends with a higher ranking? Come on, man.

Well at least it saves me from ever watching that stupid list ever again.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1269g4g3 said:
I had to laugh. Ain't no damn way in hell there are 24 players better than Russell Wilson in the NFL. Cornerbacks and tight ends with a higher ranking? Come on, man.

Well at least it saves me from ever watching that stupid list ever again.
It's BS right. QB's are by far the most important position and Wilson is arguably top 5.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":23cw7bq5 said:

You can add Tate to that Bandwagon.

I think the fact Wilson is so unconventional makes him so hard to evaluate. Too many moments where we are so frustrated with him but then he pulls a win from out of nowhere.

When determining who the best WR in the league I'd consider this. It's the Superbowl, only seconds on the clock, you need a deep pass to win the game. Which WR do you throw it to? Pick one. Usually landed on Randy Moss or Larry Fitzgerald for years on end. Julio and Calvin were in the conversation but until you show up in the big game you can't be #1

So with that same thinking. Two minute drill in the Super Bowl. What QB do you want leading your desperation drive
1. Tom Brady
2. Russell Wilson
3. Brees
4. Rodgers
5. Too soon to tell but ...Mahomes
Nobody else is really close

John63

Reaction score
quadsas":10lg7hl7 said:
McGruff":10lg7hl7 said:
There was a segment on Cowherd where it was revealed that most players legit think Stafford is better QB than Wilson is.
.Yeah not what was said. They went through the stats which showed Wilson is better. But one pers on said he bet if they asked mos would take Stafford because he looked the part. None of that says that is what the players actually thought nor was it about players it was about coaches.

Now if you have a link to a different show of his please provide but the one I saw was what I just wrote.

In fact as an example last year 2018 Stafford was 31st and Wilson was 11th. 2017 Wilson was 24th Stafford was 31st

This year who knows

chris98251

Reaction score
We are not the splash team, add some players formally here with an axe to grind thinking he got special treatment etc you have the rankings, funny those players are not here anymore, have to wonder why right.

Some of it pumping up their new guy I am sure but still, rankings are based on darlings of the NFL also.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, exactly why these lists mean squat. I like watching the show to see the highlights and all the dialogue from the players etc. But 25 seems a little low, though it doesn't matter even a little bit. I'm sure a select few will say he should be around 90 or something and that he's the 10th best QB in the league :roll:
Oh well, we all know how good he is and what he brings to this team.

xray

Reaction score
I think that Carroll will let his offensive staff utilize Wilson's unique skills more this season . As I have said before ; the Hawks will not lead the league in rushing ; and Wilson will have close to 4,000 yards passing . Wilson's ranking will be in the top 10 next year . IMO

McGruff

Reaction score
xray":1hdzlqdq said:
I think that Carroll will let his offensive staff utilize Wilson's unique skills more this season . As I have said before ; the Hawks will not lead the league in rushing ; and Wilson will have close to 4,000 yards passing . Wilson's ranking will be in the top 10 next year . IMO

Ranking in what?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":2kqh01ml said:
xray":2kqh01ml said:

Ranking in what?

Probably top-100, what this thread is about.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If 32 knowledgeable fans were creating teams from existing players, do you think Russ would be the 25th or later player chosen? I realize that question deals more with "value," but noting where you take him says a lot about his skill.

It would be a surprise if he were taken later than 15th of all current players available, especially (as already pointed out above) with the importance of the QB position.

What players at other positions would you take before a QB of Russ's talent, experience, leadership, attitude, etc.? Aaron Donald maybe?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, people freaked out that he got 35 a year. Can you imagine if he was a free agent in 2019? He would fetch a hell of a lot bigger contract than he got. But yeah, Aaron Donald is the best player in the league imo.

Latest posts