Do you want to Make the Playoffs?

• Yes, it's always important to make it every year

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • No, this team needs a major overhaul. Clean house

Votes: 44 74.6%

• Total voters

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Obviously, we'll need some help to make the playoffs. We're no longer in charge of our own destiny, and we'll need Atlanta and Detroit to lose to have any hope of making the playoffs

On the other hand, although I've defended Bevell before, he and Cable needs to go. Our o-line shows little improvement, and we seem to hold them to an extremely low standard. So long as Wilson gets 3 seconds we expect a great offense, which is unusual compared to many high powered offenses in the league. I saw the Washington Redskins pull o-linemen off the street but their coaching gave Cousins decent protection.

I also think we need to evaluate our weapons. We have no game breaking weapon or receiver. Which would be fine except we also have no running game. We need a game breaking weapon on offense to complement Wilson. We're trying to be like the Packers, and they only have one Super Bowl to show for it. We also are pretty weak on special teams imo. The team has pretty much been the Wilson show and that's not a Super Bowl calibre team

So what do you guys think? Make the playoffs, or Clean house?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Will be a miracle to not lose out. This team is shockingly bad from top to bottom. We need to clean house badly to get cap inline for new players that might actually help the team win.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Okay, I understand the over the top reactions I guess.

We can beat Dallas. We can also beat Arizona. Saying we won't win another game is kind of a stretch even if you're extremely down on the team. The Rams had our number, we split the season series. It is what it is. They've always been a poor matchup for us

I'm pretty sure we're not the only playoff team in history to ever crap the bed but sneak in and make noise. That said, I am open to cleaning house regardless, but I would be happy to see the team in the playoffs. I'm just not used to the feeling of not making it, it's been a long time

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2yycuydk said:
Will be a miracle to not lose out. This team is shockingly bad from top to bottom. We need to clean house badly to get cap inline for new players that might actually help the team win.

Meh they'll beat the Cardinals but they won't be favored in Dallas I'll tell you that.

The Patriots won 11 games and missed the playoffs in 2008. They got younger after that. I hope we are willing to get younger. I don't think the Patriots would have kept Bennett and Chancellor as long as we did.

PTSHawk

Reaction score
Even if we did make the playoffs, could we expect anything different to that shower of shit type performance?

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
We can make the playoffs and still clean house after we win or lose it’s not like we are gonna get better draft position really so let’s make thebplauoffs and maybe we string one together like the giants did or Steelers the year they beat us ... you can never say never in the playoffs it’s always a different game come playoffs.... let’s go bucs and then the saints then panthers falcons need to lose out and lions gotta lose at least one or more....

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are losing to Dallas.

Look at the defense.

They aren't even hitting guys. Someone is grabs the ball and falls to the ground, the Rams hit him. We run up and touch him down.

Do you see defenders with their hands on their hips? Not really. They are not exhausted, they are tired. But more likely tired of bailing out the offense than anything else.

I don't blame them.

The defense is playing path of least resistance to the end of season right now, but for a few players. And they have every right to do so. Because the offense is just doing nothing.

Maybe we beat Dallas playing like that, but it is clear the defense is just tired of caring if the offense isn't going to do anything anyway.

You see Richard on the sidelines trying to fire them up, but watch their faces when they take the field after being given yet another short field to defend. The body language is pretty clear.

Wilson needs to man up and demand Bevell and Cable be replaced, or else he gets to pilot this slide into oblivion that wastes his talent/skills repeatedly.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2fd8qmnm said:
We are losing to Dallas.

Look at the defense.

They aren't even hitting guys. Someone is grabs the ball and falls to the ground, the Rams hit him. We run up and touch him down.

Do you see defenders with their hands on their hips? Not really. They are not exhausted, they are tired. But more likely tired of bailing out the offense than anything else.

I don't blame them.

The defense is playing path of least resistance to the end of season right now, but for a few players. And they have every right to do so. Because the offense is just doing nothing.

Maybe we beat Dallas playing like that, but it is clear the defense is just tired of caring if the offense isn't going to do anything anyway.

You see Richard on the sidelines trying to fire them up, but watch their faces when they take the field after being given yet another short field to defend. The body language is pretty clear.

Wilson needs to man up and demand Bevell and Cable be replaced, or else he gets to pilot this slide into oblivion that wastes his talent/skills repeatedly.

The defense were more focused on trying to get turnovers than actually tackling. That's when you become hopeless and desperate

sutz

Reaction score
I hate being coerced into binary choices. :177692:

johnnyfever

Reaction score
You guys understand the odds for us to make the playoffs are virtually at zero. We need multiple good teams to lose to bad ones, sometimes twice in a row.

Let's not embarrass ourselves again.

Novel idea: identify the problems specifically and correct them.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
johnnyfever":22kr0riz said:
You guys understand the odds for us to make the playoffs are virtually at zero. We need multiple good teams to lose to bad ones, sometimes twice in a row.

Let's not embarrass ourselves again.

Novel idea: identify the problems specifically and correct them.

Not necessarily. The Lions would need to lose to the Packers, and the Falcons would need to lose to the Panthers and Saints. Not impossible. Unlikely though

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, Seahawks are not going to beat the Cowboys, even if Zeke wasn't coming back from suspension.

They will lose to the Cowboys and probably beat the Cardinals to finish 9-7. No playoffs.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Obviously I want the team to make the playoffs. You never know what will happen once you get it. Look at the Wild Card Giants knocking off the undefeated Patriots, or the 10-win Ravens riding Joe Flacco's hot streak to a SB. Even if we are going up against superior teams, anything can happen in a given game -- a lucky bounce, a timely penalty, an unexpected injury...

That said, I don't see us making the playoffs.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I still want the Seahawks to beat the Cowboys and try and make the playoffs. I’d love to see them turn it around and give a great performance in the playoffs.

I’m content with any of the other options as well. That’s what yesterday was.

So many folks on here jumping to shovel dirt on the team. Things can change without ruining them.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
A third option would be nice. Something along the lines of, pruning the dead wood, weeding, etc. Those 2 options are a bit too polar opposite for me. I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle.