Playoff Chances

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Considering the 4 of the 5 teams that are just ahead of us in the NFC standings have 6 games against each other we should gain ground quickly.

Min +2
NO +1
CAR +1
ATL +.5

We also get a shot at home to play the Rams who we would leap over them.

I'd say we can drop 1 game and are still a lock for the playoffs, two games are still a shoe in unless GB, DET, and DAL win out.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
If we can just beat the rams again and handle our business we will host a playoff game and with everybody else playing each other we could be in pretty good shape
Just gotta take care of our own and not point our guns at our feet anymore
Bevells gonna have to ballout on the calls cuz if we lose to the rams life's gonna suck
I think we really only have 1 more game to lose for wiggle room but anythings possible as we've done it before
pretty sweet or 10am game just got pushed to 1pm

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I don't see us making the playoffs at 10-6 and it is really looking like this might be our best case scenario record wise. At least we are still in a position that if we win out, we are in the playoffs. Sucks when we have to depend on other teams to lose for us to get in.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The worst case scenario for this team heading into the next decade would be going 10-6 and making it into the playoffs. Sometimes to prevent a forest fire you have to do start a fire, for this team they need to not make it into the playoffs so they realize that business, as usual, is a failing business model in 2017's NFL.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At present the team can ill afford to lose anymore conference games. This year if the records continue it is possible an 11-5 team could miss the playoffs.

sdog1981

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3hm5e2pq said:
At present the team can ill afford to lose anymore conference games. This year if the records continue it is possible an 11-5 team could miss the playoffs.

2008 Patriots I think are the last 11-5 team to miss the playoffs. It would be the year that we trade a first-round pick to the Jets, go 11-5 miss the playoffs and give them a second top 20 pick.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Must be 3-2 or better these last five games, or there is no chance.

mistaowen

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how the NFC South plays out, lot of time left for them to beat up on each other. I believe they currently have three teams in the playoffs now. Seahawks need to just focus on winning games and at least getting a home game in the WC.

sutz

Reaction score
7-4 with 5 to go? I like our chances. I know the purists demand we get HFA and that would be nice, but only two teams get to do that every season and we're pretty much out of that competition unless we win out and the Iggles, Vikes, and Saints tank epically. That's not likely. Oh well.

But the NFCW crown is well within reach if we handle our business and get a minimum of "help" from around the league.

It's December. It's Seahawk time. We still have a shot at at least one home playoff game.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

:2thumbs:

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Imagine that we could be 6-0 in the division, and still can't make the playoffs with a few more losses.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like our chances a lot. And shoot, we are in the mix, so I'm enjoying the ride. Plenty of teams would love to be in the position we are in.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We pretty much have to win out to make the playoffs. The Rams aren't losing another game (except for us).

Popeyejones

Reaction score
sdog1981":78ygjh52 said:
The worst case scenario for this team heading into the next decade would be going 10-6 and making it into the playoffs. Sometimes to prevent a forest fire you have to do start a fire, for this team they need to not make it into the playoffs so they realize that business, as usual, is a failing business model in 2017's NFL.

You sound like Jed York and 49ers fans circa 2014 when Harbaugh went 8-8.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
sdog1981":1av4zyki said:

Disappointing to see someone actually against making the playoffs. Really disappointing.