List of QB's to win 10+ games in each of their 1st 5 seasons

LargentFan

Reaction score
Wilson is dead last in this list. Easily the worst QB on it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
:laugh:
Wilson is the reason why I have hope every year. We will be back in the SB soon, just not this year. It's OK though. :)

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
So, I guess the question is, would you rather have 5 ten win seasons or multiple Super Bowls?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Don't winning seasons usually preclude winning SBs?

rjdriver

Reaction score
LargentFan":15iturp6 said:
Wilson is dead last in this list. Easily the worst QB on it.

And I've been around long enough to see them all!

sutz

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":1itanpfo said:
Seahwkgal":1itanpfo said:
Don't winning seasons usually preclude winning SBs?

Not necessarily multiple.
I'm pretty sure that no sub .500 team has ever made the Super Bowl yet.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1jaumf3c said:
:laugh:
Wilson is the reason why I have hope every year. We will be back in the SB soon, just not this year. It's OK though. :)

Like you....I'm not holding my breath. However, if they get past Atlanta.....they have a "puncher's chance" to go all the way.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Kennedyin92":3tb8x7ev said:
So, I guess the question is, would you rather have 5 ten win seasons or multiple Super Bowls?

Our only Super Bowl win came in a year where we won 10+ games. Further, not counting this season which is yet to be determined, since 2004, we've reached the Super Bowl in half the seasons where we won 10+ games.

By those numbers, five 10+ win seasons equate to 2.5 Super Bowl appearances. In reality, those particular 10+ win seasons gave us two Super Bowl appearances and a championship trophy.

The two are not mutually exclusive. In fact, it's the opposite: the odds are significantly higher for multiple Super Bowls with multiple 10+ win seasons.

And as for the OP: This is the very epitome of consistent performance at a high level, both for Wilson and the team.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Ok, can we now see the list without the filter on of those under 6'?

:irishdrinkers:

themunn

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":6h0xdhao said:

Let me put it to you this way. With the exception of the 1981 Redskins (8-1 record in a strike-shortened season) and the 1961 packers (9-4-1 in a 14 game season), the 2011 Giants are the only team in NFL history to win a superbowl with less than 10 wins (and the only team in a 16 game season).

So while I'd rather have multiple superbowl wins, the more 10 win seasons we have, the more likely we are to do it.

Case in point: Bill Belichick has 15 ten+ win seasons as Patriots coach and has "only" won 4 superbowls from those appearances.
If we have ten more 10 win seasons in the next 10 years, I'd feel pretty confident about adding one or two superbowls to our list too.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
So, I guess the question is, if we had a list of those that wouldn't be happy had it been 5+ Super Bowl wins in their last 10 seasons......

Kennedyin92":1xydwgbe said:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3n1zft0x said:
That question is in YOUR mind only.
To the OP's point though....Russell Wilson has been MORE than holding up HIS end of the opportunities to getting us a shot at even being IN Super Bowls...AND, in year two & of his 10+ win seasons not only did he get us there, He WON it, + he was THERE in a second Super Bowl in those 5 seasons.
"Stay Tuned", there's more to come. ;)

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":dmm4bybe said:
Kennedyin92":dmm4bybe said:

Could have had both.

And could still... :D