Sherman shadowing WR's

getnasty

Reaction score
Is it me or do they only have him shadow when it's a mediocre number 1WR? I could be off but I don't remember him following some of the elite number 1's. I wonder what goes into why he sometimes shadows and sometime doesn't?

Hawks46

Reaction score
He shadowed Julio Jones.

He's also shadowed Fitz, AJ Green and Dez Bryant. Typically if he's shadowing someone's #1, they're a dominant 1 WR and anything less he just stays on his side.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He took Mike Evans whenever we went man. Kris calls a lot of zone, mostly explains it. I can't remember a WR who forced him to play 1 on 1 all game since Dez last year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
mistaowen":1d8o2qo2 said:
He took Mike Evans whenever we went man. Kris calls a lot of zone, mostly explains it. I can't remember a WR who forced him to play 1 on 1 all game since Dez last year.

He only started shadowing Evans when it was apparent Jeremy Lane couldn't do the job. In the first series or two, I noticed that Lane was covering Evans and struggling with that.

sutz

Reaction score
getnasty":2a0fotfu said:
Is it me or do they only have him shadow when it's a mediocre number 1WR? I could be off but I don't remember him following some of the elite number 1's. I wonder what goes into why he sometimes shadows and sometime doesn't?
As has been said above, you are mis-informed. We've only been doing this the past couple of seasons, but Sherm has been manning up on the best receivers we face for quite a few games now, going back to at least last year. If he's not manned up on their #1, it either means their #1 isn't worth his skills ( ;) ) or sometimes they just mix it up and leave him on the left side.

Latest posts