I don't understand...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
why bevel wasn't fired during the first quarter today. They could have saved the airfare from flying him back. Just leave his sorry ass in Florida.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Bevell and Cable need to go together. They both suck. Pete needs to get the offensive side of his coaching staff in order.

hawk45

Reaction score
Because the offense scores 20-30 points when the OL manages to block anybody?

This game they were even in Russell's head IMO to where when he did get a second or two he made bad throws/decisions.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest Bevell critics around, but even I don't think you can pin this one on him. Just an atrocious effort all the way around

slateman77

Reaction score
Maybe we could just throw a few more bubble screens...that seems to work well...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
And here it is.

The 'we've lost a game so now we better fire Bevell and Cable' thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This place after a loss....

slateman77

Reaction score
I'm not a "Fire Bevell" antagonist...I'm just against these worthless bubble screens that result in very few yards gained if not a loss of yards.....Just sick and tired of them is all... :pukeface:

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1ko4he4y said:
why bevel wasn't fired during the first quarter today. They could have saved the airfare from flying him back. Just leave his sorry ass in Florida.

What did Bevell and Cable do wrong? Our guys could not block anything the whole game. No game plan could fix that.

bighawk

Reaction score
This just shows how important Britt really is. As well as Bennett is to our defense(pay the man)
. The secondary can't take risks without him because he gets quick penetration. Britt makes great calls in protection. Also they should have kept P. Lewis as the backup.

OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Personally, I'm fully in favor of running one run after another straight up the gut when you know you have one of the worst O-lines in the history of football. Shear flippin' offensive genius. "Nobody would ever expect that!"

C'mon, there's no arguing that this offensive staff is anything but offensive to people who like good football. The only time we ever do shit is when Russell ignores the "game plan" and audibles to actually correct calls. Look at how well we do in the 4-minute offense when every play is called at the line. Failing to acknowledge this truth is just sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":6s9ybn22 said:
Personally, I'm fully in favor of running one run after another straight up the gut when you know you have one of the worst O-lines in the history of football. Shear flippin' offensive genius. "Nobody would ever expect that!"

C'mon, there's no arguing that this offensive staff is anything but offensive to people who like good football. The only time we ever do shit is when Russell ignores the "game plan" and audibles to actually correct calls. Look at how well we do in the 4-minute offense when every play is called at the line. Failing to acknowledge this truth is just sticking your head in the sand like an ostrich.

Russell doesn't only audible during the 4 minute offense. Also how do you know he doesn't audible into bad plays ever???

cymatica

Reaction score
Well they sure as hell didn't have the o-line prepared. Bevell calling a fb run, up the gut, on 3rd and 1 with a rookie center getting owned is one example of zero adjustment and awareness.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
cymatica":18jeiw7r said:
Well they sure as hell didn't have the o-line prepared. Bevell calling a fb run, up the gut, on 3rd and 1 with a rookie center getting owned is one example of zero adjustment and awareness.

The whole line was getting owned. Not many options there.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
cymatica":hykbw1ew said:

That was the time for a play-action pass. Take a shot to get back in the game!

cymatica

Reaction score
What did Bevell and Cable do wrong? Our guys could not block anything the whole game. No game plan could fix that.

Who is responsible for coaching and preparing them? Bevell could have at least attempted to adjust, and be a little creative since he knows exactly what he has to work with.

This is on pete and john as well, they decided this was whats best for the team

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1lbm8viq said:
DVOA wins games!

No, DVOA relates to a greater tendency for winning games. DVOA is simply a model of analysis dealing in generalities (I.E. predicting trends over time rather than specific situations, such as an individual football game) that works best when injuries are minimal (I.E. not the Seahawks today). Life is too chaotic and complex to be entirely predicted by current mathematical models and other forms of computation.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Our O-line is sucking horrifically all game, let's not bother to adjust to a consistently quick passing game to nullify it, or anything.

I'm starting to blame Pete almost as much as Bevell for the stupidity on offense. Our defense had a fantastic day overall and the offense still can't do crap. I love the Bevell supporters. If our offensive coordinator was as good as they claim, the offense would have had no issue amassing a whopping 15 points or more for us to win the game. I mean, Jesus Christ, the 49ers average more points on offense per game than the Seahawks do.

But no, we need make no chances on offense aside from the O-line. That's the only real problem; right, Bevell supporters? A quote from Dodgeball comes to mind whenever I see our offense getting things thrown at them that they can't handle and we don't try to adjust to it... "It's like watching a ****** trying to hump a doorknob." If you want something more G-rated, then it's like trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.

The only way to keep Russell alive is to have him get rid of the ball quickly on a consistent basis. Our O-line's not magically going to become good in the remainder of the season. :229031_banghead:

P.S., Bevell supporters; our defense regularly carries us to a win. How often does our offense exceed even LEAGUE AVERAGE scoring? You guys forget just how much an elite defense helps an offense, but still, you support him. If we transplanted the Falcons offense into the Seahawks, the offense would be averaging like 40 points per game.

Open your eyes. Where do you think this team would be if the defense was even a league-average one? Not bad, just AVERAGE. We'd have a losing record right now.