Annual Awards Voting

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think the last time a Seahawk won a major annual award was Shaun Alexander in 2006.

Could this be the year we break through. Here is my list in most likely order

Comeback Player of the Year: Jimmy Graham
MVP: Russell Wilson
Coach of Year : Pete Carroll
Defensive Player of the Year: Bobby Wagner

Cartire

Reaction score
The awards are picked prior to the superbowl.

Coach is going to Del Rio if they win 3 more. Maybe even 2 more. They always treat the award as a "worst-2-first" type thing. If you have continued success, you wont get it. Garrett is a long shot, if only because the AP is going to put a lot of the success towards Jerry and his boy and the draft picks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I doubt Russ ever gets MVP until he is spectacular all year...Russ tends to start slow (like the team as a whole) and turn it on later in the season where I think the NFL covets QBs or players who are playing lights out all year, aka Cam last year and Carr this year...

No doubt Russ has the talent to be MVP any given year but this year injuries slowed him down for the first half of the season so it's very difficult to catapult collective perception on half a season's performance.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Graham has a really good shot at comeback player of the year. Wagner should be one of the frontrunners for DPOY. Can't see Russ getting the MVP unless he absolutely lights it up and the other contenders don't seperate from the pack, small chance though. Carroll is not getting coach of the year. This always goes to coaches that turned a bad team into a contender. You're not going to get it for keeping a really good team really good.