Bucs CB Adjei-Barimah Suspended for PEDS

RCATES

Reaction score
Outside of LB Lavonte David and DE Gerald Mccoy there is very little to write home about with this defense. They're average at safety and their best corner is Brent Grimes who suffered a quad injury last week. If he plays he will not be at 100%. Having rookies at the 2nd corner and Nickle positions could spell a big day for Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson. If Grimes ends up being out they're in trouble. They also struggle mightily against TE's. With Luke being back Russ will be able to pick his poison between Luke and Jimmy. I'll be shocked if we don't put up at least 30 on them.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Not even a starter though. He really didn't matter, unless he is a STs ace. There has been a rash of PED busts this week. Alshon Jeffery and Jerrell Freeman from Chicago are HUGE losses for the Bears. This kid from Tampa is "meh" in comparison.

RCATES

Reaction score
^He's their starting slot Nickel db. Considering the replacement they have is a rookie and our best receiver is in the slot this is in fact a big plus for us.

Largent80

Reaction score
We are going to have tremendous success throwing the ball this week. Jimmy is going to be a huge factor in this one. If you go to the Bucs boards they aren't feeling very rosy about losing this guy as they say he's been playing well.

They are also saying that since Earl isn't there our defense isn't that good.......Hmmmmmmmm

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
RCATES":qtgevn12 said:
^He's their starting slot Nickel db. Considering the replacement they have is a rookie and our best receiver is in the slot this is in fact a big plus for us.
I guess I misunderstood this from the article that was posted.
He's started one of 10 games this season and has 22 tackles and two sacks.

Not too bad for playing part time?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":22wtdp1q said:
We are going to have tremendous success throwing the ball this week. Jimmy is going to be a huge factor in this one. If you go to the Bucs boards they aren't feeling very rosy about losing this guy as they say he's been playing well.

They are also saying that since Earl isn't there our defense isn't that good.......Hmmmmmmmm
Losing Earl does worry me but Bennett is also back. Have they mentioned that? Anyways, I think our offense will do well so they can get cocky all they want :roll: since I have a strong feeling our pass rush is going to have a field day. :)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
RCATES":9nyzisp9 said:
Outside of LB Lavonte David and DE Gerald Mccoy there is very little to write home about with this defense. They're average at safety and their best corner is Brent Grimes who suffered a quad injury last week. If he plays he will not be at 100%. Having rookies at the 2nd corner and Nickle positions could spell a big day for Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson. If Grimes ends up being out they're in trouble. They also struggle mightily against TE's. With Luke being back Russ will be able to pick his poison between Luke and Jimmy. I'll be shocked if we don't put up at least 30 on them.

If Grimes can't play, maybe they can sign his nasty wife. If she plays half as nasty as she tweets, we would be in trouble...

Mojambo

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1w4r4id7 said:
Largent80":1w4r4id7 said:

Losing Earl does worry me but Bennett is also back. Have they mentioned that? Anyways, I think our offense will do well so they can get cocky all they want :roll: since I have a strong feeling our pass rush is going to have a field day. :)

Bennett isn't back.

Honestly, I think we can, will (and will probably need to) out-score them.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
My worst fear right now is Winston looking like an HOFer with no Earl, Shead and possibly Sherman. I hope Britt can go.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Mojambo":21jqcbwk said:
Seahwkgal":21jqcbwk said:
Largent80":21jqcbwk said:

Bennett isn't back.

Honestly, I think we can, will (and will probably need to) out-score them.
Damn, I was really hoping Bennett would be back. This changes my opinion about our D in a major way. Bummer.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":2p3srbpv said:
It shouldn't. We've played pretty well the last 3 weeks without him.
True but we also have had a healthy Thomas and Shead. On offense the Britt injury is worrying me big time. He has been playing awesome this year. I am praying that he gets in a full practice on Friday.

King Dog

Reaction score
I think Britt has played fantastic this year, but I also think we struck gold in Hunt and think he's a very capable backup.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Unless I'm having a senior moment, didn't we just whoop the New England Patriots asses the other day ala no Michael Bennett? Mike is the man, but the Seahawks can play and win without him, he makes winning easier, but we are still dripping with talent on our defense without him. Take Earl, Shead, and Sherman out, and the same thing happens. These guys are big assets, but they only make the task of winning easier.

The Buckaroos have one thing going for them, their QB and their deep threat receiver. I believe we have position backups that are talented enough to keep their pass threat honest, and maybe even exploit it if Winston buys into all this BS about us being defenseless because we have some folks out injured.

The Buckaroos are the ones with no real defense to speak of, our offense is looking pretty damn good right now, Russell and receiving core are gonna have a party on Sunday, and Rawls probably breaks a hundred too.

Our defense is plenty tough enough to put the squeeze on Winston and force him to make lots of mistakes. I predict a hay day of interceptions, sacks, and fumbles.

Seahawks win this one easy.

Go Seahawks !

Largent80

Reaction score
We also were without Shead and Bennett for the Philly game and without Earl for half of it. Were gonna be fine. The bonus is our young inexperienced backups get game time valuable reps.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
pacific101":2kd0sfeh said:
Unless I'm having a senior moment, didn't we just whoop the New England Patriots asses the other day ala no Michael Bennett? Mike is the man, but the Seahawks can play and win without him, he makes winning easier, but we are still dripping with talent on our defense without him. Take Earl, Shead, and Sherman out, and the same thing happens. These guys are big assets, but they only make the task of winning easier.

The Buckaroos have one thing going for them, their QB and their deep threat receiver. I believe we have position backups that are talented enough to keep their pass threat honest, and maybe even exploit it if Winston buys into all this BS about us being defenseless because we have some folks out injured.

The Buckaroos are the ones with no real defense to speak of, our offense is looking pretty damn good right now, Russell and receiving core are gonna have a party on Sunday, and Rawls probably breaks a hundred too.

Our defense is plenty tough enough to put the squeeze on Winston and force him to make lots of mistakes. I predict a hay day of interceptions, sacks, and fumbles.

Go Seahawks !

We won on a 4th down stop on the goal line. Not exactly a "whooping". And that was with Earl and Deshawn.

Having Jeremy "Never makes a play" Lane in place of Shead is worrisome. Not having Thomas roving the middle is really worrisome.

TB will score 24 plus. We need our offense to hang 30.

SeaChat

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3e481gns said:
pacific101":3e481gns said:

Go Seahawks !

We won on a 4th down stop on the goal line. Not exactly a "whooping". And that was with Earl and Deshawn.

Having Jeremy "Never makes a play" Lane in place of Shead is worrisome. Not having Thomas roving the middle is really worrisome.

I hear what your saying, but that was back the Buck's had a defense, that is not the case at present. Their offense is pretty skinny right now compared to then too. I'm not saying we are going to play any better without Earl, everyone knows what a play maker he is. I also haven't forgotten what our pass defense opposite of Sherman looked like before Shead filled that position.

What I am saying is that the backups we have for them are doing better than average in their absence, and given the weakened state of the current Buc's offense, I'm pretty confident that the legion of boom, which still packs plenty of boom on a QB, i.e. Tom Brady, absent Bennett, had Tommy Boy throwing interception, fumbling, and sacked, when all the teams before us couldn't get it done, and Gronk, caught how many passes? 3 was it?

No real offense and certainly not much in the way of a defense to slow our air attack down, or slow Rawls down, who is on a mission right now. Maybe I'm being a bit soft in the head thinking this going to be a bit of a walk in the park for the Hawks, so long as they don't go convincing themselves of it to, and play their normal aggressive style.

Also, what was the cheap shot at Lane all about. It appears he is having a pretty good run right, or at least his stats suggest that he is. Looking and comparing his 2016 stats with all his previous years with the Seahawks, and being only half way through the season, he already has double tackles than his previous, same with assists, a couple of passes deflected, and a fair number of tackles. So while he's not having as good of season as some, he isn't doing all that bad.

Might try comparing his stats with the Buckaroo's playing his position and see how Lane stacks up there, before we start saying he isn't a credible play maker.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
pacific101":35pu5bqr said:
FlyingGreg":35pu5bqr said:
pacific101":35pu5bqr said:

Go Seahawks !

I hear what your saying, but that was back the Buck's had a defense, that is not the case at present. Their offense is pretty skinny right now compared to then too. I'm not saying we are going to play any better without Earl, everyone knows what a play maker he is. I also haven't forgotten what our pass defense opposite of Sherman looked like before Shead filled that position.

What I am saying is that the backups we have for them are doing better than average in their absence, and given the weakened state of the current Buc's offense, I'm pretty confident that the legion of boom, which still packs plenty of boom on a QB, i.e. Tom Brady, absent Bennett, had Tommy Boy throwing interception, fumbling, and sacked, when all the teams before us couldn't get it done, and Gronk, caught how many passes? 3 was it?

No real offense and certainly not much in the way of a defense to slow our air attack down, or slow Rawls down, who is on a mission right now. Maybe I'm being a bit soft in the head thinking this going to be a bit of a walk in the park for the Hawks, so long as they don't go convincing themselves of it to, and play their normal aggressive style.

Also, what was the cheap shot at Lane all about. It appears he is having a pretty good run right, or at least his stats suggest that he is. Looking and comparing his 2016 stats with all his previous years with the Seahawks, and being only half way through the season, he already has double tackles than his previous, same with assists, a couple of passes deflected, and a fair number of tackles. So while he's not having as good of season as some, he isn't doing all that bad.

Might try comparing his stats with the Buckaroo's playing his position and see how Lane stacks up there, before we start saying he isn't a credible play maker.

We will see. That's the fun part of this league.

No real offense? Uhh ok, your opinion. Just remember this name: Mike Evans.

Lane is fine, I probably just had higher expectations for him.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Please don't misunderstand me. I'm fully aware of Jamies's arm, this guy is the real deal, with all kinds of potential to accomplish great things in his NFL career. I also have immense respect for Evan's hands, the are like magnets, if there is a ball anywhere within reach.

My point is that those two alone are not enough to beat the Seahawks. They need a solid offense and defence to stop Russell's air assault and Rawls running game, or get enough breathing room for plays to develop, that would allow those connections with Evans.

My guess is that Winston is going one of two directions in this game. He is either going to get sacked repeatedly, or he is going to try and force it, which will be his only option, if he wants any chance at winning, and will end throwing interceptions. Let's not overlook that Sherman completed two full practices by weeks end, and is cleared to play.

I'm not happy about the Buc's current state of affairs with their team in general. When we last played them we were more in the shape then, that they are now. The loss of Bennett and likely Earl this week will be felt, but we have enough talent in our backups for these positions to handle the Buc's offense in their present state, I believe, the same to be true on our offense. It would be a much more entertaining affair if both teams were health.

I might just be full of wishful thinking, or being fed a lot of bad information on the Buc's current state of affairs. Maybe like the Seahawks, they have a bunch of sleepers in their reserves that will step up and shock the chit out of us tomorrow. Baring that event however, I think Seattle will really have a really productive outing and go home with a win at the end of the day.

Latest posts