Kam

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Will he play Sunday?

Sat out the last two games. Hasn't practiced Wednesday or Thursday.

They must either see the good stuff Kelcie is doing, or Kam's groin is really bad and he will be out some time.

Thoughts? Thought I heard Kam would be back this week. Must have gotten bad information.

RussB

Reaction score
Groin injury can take a while to heal. If not this week im sure he will be back by next week. He should sit out as long as necessary, im pretty sure they can handle the saints without him the way kelcie has been playing. Also good for kelcie to get more snaps and experience.

2_0_6

Reaction score
If he was limited, then I think we might have possibly seen him this week. With him not practicing at all, there is no way he goes Sunday morning. I bet the next time we see him is @ New England on 11/13.

This FO is going to have some difficult decisions this off season.

Keep Kam and his $7.5mil or cut him, free up the money and re-sign Shead? Ideally I think everyone would like to see some good $$ thrown at the Oline for once.

RussB

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3uzvqyoi said:
If he was limited, then I think we might have possibly seen him this week. With him not practicing at all, there is no way he goes Sunday morning. I bet the next time we see him is @ New England on 11/13.

Keep Kam and his $7.5mil or cut him, free up the money and re-sign Shead? Ideally I think everyone would like to see some good $$ thrown at the Oline for once.
Doesnt bennett want a contract to?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3ens20er said:

They already have $18m free cap space for 2017 -- plus the FA O-line options aren't great.

I can't see them ever cutting Kam. He's too big a presence, too much of a tone-setter and leader.

Even if he only plays 10 games a season he's worth keeping. The only one really being hurt by him missing time is Kam himself. Not exactly in position to ask for a raise.

UK_Hawk

Reaction score
I think with Kam it's his general presence that he brings too. Not just when he's on the field on the sidelines.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
UK_Hawk":mt5xpip7 said:
I think with Kam it's his general presence that he brings too. Not just when he's on the field on the sidelines.

This is why, as you'll notice, the Seahawks fly him to every game, like they did last week. He was inactive, but still on the sidelines for his teammates. No small thing, his presence on the field.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Im just saying, don't be surprised if he is not a member of this team next year. Cutting him would save over $7mil in cap space.

RCATES

Reaction score
^ Yeah no way they resign him early anyways. He plays out his contract and that's it. He has been a shell of himself the last two seasons. Haven't really seen the elite Kam since the Carolina playoff divisional round game 2 years ago. His body is clearly on the downswing and he knows it.

2_0_6

Reaction score
There is a reason why the FO has yet to resign or restructure his deal. Deep down I think they know his best days are behind him

OP
OP
tmobilchawker79

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't mean to start a "lets show Kam the door" thread.

I actually think he's been back to his old self this year, in the few games I saw.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":130135lf said:
Im just saying, don't be surprised if he is not a member of this team next year. Cutting him would save over $7mil in cap space.

He won't be.

Kam's proven this year that the FO was right in not ripping up his contract and giving him a huge new extension. We all love Kam, but he's breaking down before our eyes.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3e7673x7 said:
Hawk_Nation":3e7673x7 said:

He won't be.

Kam's proven this year that the FO was right in not ripping up his contract and giving him a huge new extension. We all love Kam, but he's breaking down before our eyes.

As much as I hate it, I completely agree. He is in my top 10 favorite Seahawks of all time & I own 3 of his jerseys, but at the end of the day the NFL is a business and he has a hefty salary.

RussB

Reaction score
RCATES":27qczdl2 said:
^ Yeah no way they resign him early anyways. He plays out his contract and that's it. He has been a shell of himself the last two seasons. Haven't really seen the elite Kam since the Carolina playoff divisional round game 2 years ago. His body is clearly on the downswing and he knows it.
He had an average season by his standards last year. But hes been great this year i dont know what you have been watching hes been lights out this season.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Pete said today on KIRO that it's unlikely that Kam will play this week.

Except for the blown coverages in the Atlanta game, his replacement Kelcie McCray, has played very well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2wtzt3lr said:
Pete said today on KIRO that it's unlikely that Kam will play this week.

Except for the blown coverages in the Atlanta game, his replacement Kelcie McCray, has played very well.

I'd still rather have a healthy Kam over McCray. There is no question, Kam is still the leader and emotional tone setter on defense.

But if the dude can't stay healthy, then it's time to move on.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pete said Kam would play this week.

Which means three more weeks.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Letting Kam go would be a huge mistake, not surprising that some on this forum think it's time for him to go. The Hawks are in good position to sign him to a team friendly deal. We have had the fortune of seeing this team built with a fantastic core of not only great players but invaluable leaders. In my option you ride this squad to the very end, I would lose my F'n mind if I had to see Kam come to Clink in a different uni and lay heat on every hawk. People here on this forum are looking to ditch someone every week if they don't have an mvp like game, it's sad. Couple more average games and some clown will be lobbying to get rid of Russ.....

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's hard to quantify what leadership equates to in dollars and cents. That is one of the dimensions at play when you consider Kam and his contract and his overall value to this football team. Any Seahawks fan being objective knows Kam's body is beginning to break down and is showing the results of his explosive, punishing plays over the years. Yet, it's not just performance based when you consider his worth. It's his leadership on the field, on the sidelines, his calls in the backfield to get people where they need to be. Like Beast Mode, his mere presence gives the team that spark of attitude and bruising punishment we were known for.

In other words, were not just going to tackle you. We are going beat down your will so you are afraid to take a hit.

Ultimately, it's the Seahawks who have to make sound financial decisions that don't handicap other important needs on this team but I for one would do whatever it takes within reason and possibility to keep Kam on this football team until he simply cannot take the field anymore.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":23q7kzpk said:
The Hawks are in good position to sign him to a team friendly deal....

No they're not.

Right now we're only 5M under the cap..........and next year some huge decisions have to be made on players like Graham, Bennett, Britt and trying to upgrade 3/5th's of the O-line..........and that's if Rawls can come back and be a healthy productive back. If not, add that glaring hole to the list of off season needs.

So even if Kam comes back on a "team friendly" deal for about what he's making now? Something's gotta give, and I think it's him and his 8M against the cap we can save.