Kam

2_0_6

Reaction score
Its a business and sometimes tough business decisions need to be made.

This will be one of them.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I'm not a cap guru but I do know the cap number goes up considerably each of the next 3 years and the Hawks have some dead money coming off. Yet you are writing him off already, glad you're not running the team. Maybe they can package Jimmy,Kam and Kearse for an expensive no guarantee Oline player....that will be bad mouthed the first time he makes a mistake. 8)

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
No idea what they will offer Kam, I just hope it's enough. He came into camp in excellent condition and has played extremely well. A groin injury can happen to anyone at any time and it's not like he has a long track record of getting them.

That said, McCray is not too huge of a drop off and may some day grow up to be Kam.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1qnp00ye said:
I'm not a cap guru but I do know the cap number goes up considerably each of the next 3 years and the Hawks have some dead money coming off. Yet you are writing him off already, glad you're not running the team. Maybe they can package Jimmy,Kam and Kearse for an expensive no guarantee Oline player....that will be bad mouthed the first time he makes a mistake. 8)

No one loves Kam more than me. I've never bought an NFL jersey my entire life, yet I own two Kam jerseys.......he's my favorite player of all time next to Kenny Easley.

But IMO it's a simple decision for Pete and John.........just like with Unger and Okung, they don't reward good players that are hurt all the time. Just isn't a prudent investment when we have so many other needs.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
PC said today that Kam's groin pull is 'worse than we thought it was.'

nanomoz

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2gzr1s8v said:
Hawk_Nation":2gzr1s8v said:
If he was limited, then I think we might have possibly seen him this week. With him not practicing at all, there is no way he goes Sunday morning. I bet the next time we see him is @ New England on 11/13.

This FO is going to have some difficult decisions this off season.

Keep Kam and his $7.5mil or cut him, free up the money and re-sign Shead? Ideally I think everyone would like to see some good $$ thrown at the Oline for once.

They already have $18m free cap space for 2017 -- plus the FA O-line options aren't great.

I can't see them ever cutting Kam. He's too big a presence, too much of a tone-setter and leader.

Even if he only plays 10 games a season he's worth keeping. The only one really being hurt by him missing time is Kam himself. Not exactly in position to ask for a raise.

/thread. His salary is affordable, he is the leader of the defense, he has looked amazing this year, and there is plenty of space next year. Cutting him would be beyond stupid.

2_0_6

Reaction score
nanomoz":2v2r2fmk said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2v2r2fmk said:
Hawk_Nation":2v2r2fmk said:
If he was limited, then I think we might have possibly seen him this week. With him not practicing at all, there is no way he goes Sunday morning. I bet the next time we see him is @ New England on 11/13.

This FO is going to have some difficult decisions this off season.

Keep Kam and his $7.5mil or cut him, free up the money and re-sign Shead? Ideally I think everyone would like to see some good $$ thrown at the Oline for once.

They already have $18m free cap space for 2017 -- plus the FA O-line options aren't great.

I can't see them ever cutting Kam. He's too big a presence, too much of a tone-setter and leader.

Even if he only plays 10 games a season he's worth keeping. The only one really being hurt by him missing time is Kam himself. Not exactly in position to ask for a raise.

/thread. His salary is affordable, he is the leader of the defense, he has looked amazing this year, and there is plenty of space next year. Cutting him would be beyond stupid.

/thread? LOL

You do realize that not only Bennet will want more money but we also need to re-sign Shead.

Do you really think it would be wise to go into next year with another year of Rawls/Michael/Collins as your running backs? Ya me either.

$18mil is not that much money to spend, that's roughly 19th out of 32 teams.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":107en1or said:
/thread? LOL

You do realize that not only Bennet will want more money but we also need to re-sign Shead.

Do you really think it would be wise to go into next year with another year of Rawls/Michael/Collins as your running backs? Ya me either.

$18mil is not that much money to spend, that's roughly 19th out of 32 teams.

Kam is worth more than his cap number, or what that money could buy on the open market. If you dont agree, I dont think you appreciate his value to this team, or the value of the core players‘ brotherhood to the championship window. We are spoiled by this secondary‘s historic greatness, and Kam is a big part of that. And it's a groin injury, not exactly brought on by contact. His strength isnt speed anyway.

And yes, Im fine with Rawls, Prosise, Collins and the draft at RB. RB isnt even top 5 on my list of beyond-2016 concerns.

19th in cap room is pretty damn good when you look at this roster‘s talent.

Shead is probably gone. Like Maxwell was. Browner before him. This team is absolutely genius at finding scheme fits at cornerback, at least, in-house/on-the-cheap.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I hope that Kam is healed up and ready to play. This is business and as much as I hope that this groin injury stuff is short lived and that Kam is able to resume his rightful place in the LOB, I have concerns he may be in decline.

Should the groin issue continues to plague Kam, then he needs to either get surgery to fix it so he can play, or we need to replace him with Kelcie McCray, and ask him to set out the rest of the season.

I love Kam's contributions to the LOB as much as anyone out there, but reality is that this year he has not played few games. We pay him to fill a position on the field, if he can't fill it, then we need to hire someone who can, and in fact already have in Kelcie.

I would strongly urge Kam and Seahawk management, if it pans out that Kam can't get back out on the field, and play up to his previous standards, and is going to be sidelined again with injuries anytime soon, then he needs to be added to our injured reserve for the remainder of this season and we need to put Kelcie out there full time from here on out.

In order for the LOB to continue to dominate for us on the field, it's critical that we have total and complete continuity between the players out there. Sherman, Bobby, Earl, and Kam talk about it's importance all the time. You play together long enough you know what your teammate is going to do even before they do and Kam has had that.

Kelcie has not, and while his is acclimating faster than anyone thought possible, he won't fully achieve that kind of continuity with the rest of the LOB if they keep swapping Kam and Kelcie every few weeks due to Kam's reoccurring groin injuries.

In fact I would recommend that they rotate Kam and Kelcie if Kam feels ready to play, that allows him to ease back into the spot and gives Kelcie much needed time on the field to develop that bond with the rest of the LOB cast.

Damn I sure hope we are not seeing the end of Kam Chancellors career this year. I had sincerely hoped he had another 3 or 4 years of game left in him. I was actually looking forward to hearing the announcements about his big contract next year when it came due. He has a lot of ground to make up in the rebuilding his value to Seahawks that he had going in to last season.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I hope he is ready when the hawks play the Patriots, until then I hope he gets better so he can lay the lumber then.

hawker84

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2nz5jytb said:
Hawk_Nation":2nz5jytb said:
Im just saying, don't be surprised if he is not a member of this team next year. Cutting him would save over $7mil in cap space.

He won't be.

Kam's proven this year that the FO was right in not ripping up his contract and giving him a huge new extension. We all love Kam, but he's breaking down before our eyes.

This. Unfortunately I have to agree. Love Kam, but man, last few years he cannot stay on the field.

2_0_6

Reaction score
From the info circling around Twitter and other various news sources, it sounds like he will be out another week if not two for sure. Pete seemed pretty doom and gloom when talking about it today and how significant of an injury it was.

I don't want to come across as a Kam hater, because I love the dude. But given the nature of the sport, the violent way he plays it, his age, past injuries, plus his salary some decisions will need to be made. Its nothing personal towards a player, but as we all know its a business. In the NFL you don't usually get paid for what you have done in your career, its what have you done for me lately.

kf3339

Reaction score
I think this off-season it will be time to move on from Kam. I know that is blasphemy to say for some people. But I would much rather put that money to the O-line for the long-term health of RW. Of course that won't happen.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Kam will be ok, I think/hope. He looked fantastic this year. We will learn a lot in the next few months, either way.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
On the chance that this may be his last year we can at least win it all then to send him off on a good note??? Plus it will drive his price up for another team:)