We are still starting slow...the good news is were 4-1

andyh64000

Reaction score
Last year when we started slow we dug a hole...at least this year we are 4- 1. We are just going to keep getting better.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, not really playing up to our normal standards yet. More favorable sched this year. ;)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
andyh64000":ep9oiay6 said:
Last year when we started slow we dug a hole...at least this year we are 4- 1. We are just going to keep getting better.

What do you mean by starting slow?

RussB

Reaction score
I dont think they have peaked yet. They always get red hot towards the end of the season right in time for the playoffs. A good start is also going to benefit them this year when its time to secure playoff seeding.

The thing about this team i dont think they have even reached their full potential, they can be even better. Thats whats scary for other teams.
Old spice guy nodding

Hawkpower

Reaction score
sutz":2y7sknya said:
Yeah, not really playing up to our normal standards yet. More favorable sched this year. ;)

They were crushing a first place team for most of the game and then found a way to win when it counted.

Sounds pretty Seahawk normal to me :)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah this is a solid win. Some of us are getting pretty spoiled (as a good friend said to me today, "entitled").

This is a game former Seahawk teams 2010 and earlier would have lost 25 times over. So what if we didn't play at our 100% best? All that matters is a W.

Sometimes I think some fans are clueless about just how good we have it these days. Not an indictment on any fan here, just an open and honest observation.

HawkerD

Reaction score
It is a win but that doesn't mean the team will rest on its laurels and not try to improve and fix things that aren't quite right. Coverage mixups for one thing. They should also improve how they start. First series they start moving the ball in the air and then go complete ground chuck and the drive stalls. There is a lot to improve in terms staying in rhythm at the beginning of games and I hope they are working on that as well.

Very happy to get the win,

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Definitely agree this was not our best game on both sides but to find a way to win against a fantastic team is a testament to the team Pete and John has built over the past four years.

The resolve, the WILL, I cannot honestly say I can think of any other team in the league with this level of talent and resolve. Especially in the 4th quarter. This team NEVER believes they are out of the game regardless of the score and that cannot be overstated enough.

sutz

Reaction score
Oh, I'm happy as a pig in mud to be 4-1. And yes, the team has some things to work on, which isn't a bad thing to say in early October. Last season, we were a worse team at the beginning, yes, but we had a really brutal early schedule too.

This year, the early schedule hasn't been that tough, and we've found those ways to win games like today, that puts us in good position to keep rolling. We're leading the Div, which is nice.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It's great news and even more so considering that the back end of our schedule is suddenly much more managable. The Packers, Panthers and Cards made up the NFC's top 4 together with the Hawks and we play all three in a 4 week span. Luckily for us the Panthers have imploded, while both the Cards and Packers have been so-so.

There's only one game left on our schedule where we won't be the favorite to win and that's against the Patriots.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I see this as a great win, in that the team persevered with backups, and learned a few lessons as well. Very valuable lessons learned by McCray; he's no dummy, so I'm sure he'll concentrate on improving his mind meld with the LOB. I'm also encourage by how our D play so well in the 4th quarter without Bennett. I was in the 'just think' mode for much of that quarter; just think how much pressure Ryan would be under had Bennett, Clark AND Chancellor been in. Hopefully Bennett's injury won't turn out to be serious, but it's nice to know we can still bring the heat without him.

Had another 'just think if we had' moment when the middle of the field opened for Russ to dash for some serious yardage...until the reality of his torn MCL and high-ankle sprain set in. Hopefully that heals soon, because I didn't see the improvement in mobility that Pete said he saw in practice. Because of that, I'm very glad that Russ "suddenly became a good pocket passer." He's suddenly figured out how to climb the pocket....but lets just ignore the fact that this coincides with our interior OL improving by leaps and bounds, LOL! Oh, and he 'finally' figured out how to get rid of the ball quickly after adjustments were FINALLY made to facilitate that last season. :177692: