Two weeks....the Falcons.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Our defense is gonna have their hands FULL. Not sure if I'm looking forward to seeing them here or not. Gonna be a tough, tough game at the C-Link.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":26jku59j said:
Our defense is gonna have their hands FULL. Not sure if I'm looking forward to seeing them here or not. Gonna be a tough, tough game at the C-Link.

We will score 30+ on that D. At least.

I doubt they can keep up.

But they are dangerous....

Rat

Reaction score
Is this Quinn's first game against us? I can't remember any others off the top of my head.

It won't be easy; their passing game is sick right now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't think it will. The Falcons are still a soft team IMO. Don't be fooled by them running up the scores on bad defenses like the Saints and Panthers.

RussB

Reaction score
That offense is stacked , but we have an eilte defense and they have a mediocre defense. We will have an easier time putting up points than they do. I want to see sherman vs julio badly.

Defense wins games.

sutz

Reaction score
With our D playing like it is and our O putting up points too, I fear nobody in the Clink.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":15xqm48c said:

As others have said, some of their success is bloated due to facing some seriously bad defense.

They will score a bit, no doubt, but their defense is horrendous. If we can put 24+ on the board, I feel good about a win.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Think people are underselling Desmond Trufant a bit here, he's phenomenal. Then again, we have so many good targets maybe one good DB isn't enough.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I am not scared of the Falcons. They have played horrible defenses. It's at home and our offense should light them up. Remember the Falcons started last year out 6-0 before imploding.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The Falcons will be coming off a tough game against Denver. When they hit The Clink, they won't know what hit them. Our Defense has been "tightening the screws" lately, so I would be surprised if they hit 21 points. We ought to be at least ten points better IMO.

Rat

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":11jkrniw said:
The Falcons will be coming off a tough game against Denver. When they hit The Clink, they won't know what hit them. Our Defense has been "tightening the screws" lately, so I would be surprised if they hit 21 points. We ought to be at least ten points better IMO.

The Falcons have to play Denver's D and then ours in consecutive weeks? Who in the NFL front office did they piss off?

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":82qr1y1o said:
I don't think it will. The Falcons are still a soft team IMO. Don't be fooled by them running up the scores on bad defenses like the Saints and Panthers.

Carolina was missing them some Norman, that's for sure. I still didn't see that beating coming, though.

Not really worried about Atlanta's running game too much. I think that will be handled. Just can't let Ryan have time in the pocket. That's the main thing. Him under pressure keeps Julio Jones from having a monster day. Hawks will get plenty of opportunities to score against their defense. I see a game like last year's game against Pittsburgh. Same result, Hawks take it.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2fs9eyl0 said:

Scared because of the numbers they put up huh? Meh, Carolina was dumb for letting Norman go for that very reason. Jones just showed what we found out in the 2nd half of the playoffs last year, the rest of their secondary is mediocre.

I would rather play them in Seattle on a potentially blustery October day rather than in Atlanta in a dome.

Besides this is what we invested all our money into our defense for. To stop offenses like this, I'm excited not scared.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
HawksSoc":3g0k9ndh said:
Think people are underselling Desmond Trufant a bit here, he's phenomenal. Then again, we have so many good targets maybe one good DB isn't enough.

Trufant had a bad year last year and has been so/so this year. Atlanta is 28th against the pass.

I know we overhype local players here but meh.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Have we not learned anything from last year? Didn't Atlanta start like 6-0 due to the soft schedule? They'll come back down to earth.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Julio is nasty but the Falcons have played some very poor defenses. I'm sorry but Carolina's defense is not as good as people say it is. That secondary is pure ass.

This defense eats finesse passing teams up for dinner. It's the teams built like the Rams that give us the most problems

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xzlraa1z said:
Julio is nasty but the Falcons have played some very poor defenses. I'm sorry but Carolina's defense is not as good as people say it is. That secondary is pure ass.

This defense eats finesse passing teams up for dinner. It's the teams built like the Rams that give us the most problems

Great post. Agree with all your points.

Falcons are a great matchup for us. I'd much rather play the finesse passing teams than the smash mouth running/defensive teams.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think that the members of our team have memories of Atlanta, there will be a special amount of attention given in preparation since Quinn knows us inside and out regardless of the players we have, we will have to have our players beat their players and start a roll on them.