Two weeks....the Falcons.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Falcons will get talked up by the media this week. But in two weeks they'll be 3-3.

Polk738

Reaction score
I watched the highlights from the Panthers Falcons game and all I can say is damn that secondary of Carolina's is bad, guys wide open all over the place, bad tackling, I think they have two rookie corners in that secondary and it definitely shows-that line wasn't getting much pressure so Matt Ryan looked like he had all day to throw, it'll be a true test for sure when they travel here.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Our corners are trained to not let recievers get behind them. I watched panthers corners today get blown by right of the line. Ryan had it easy. He just cocked back and threw it long and Julio ran to it. At least 2 of those throws were a ways off and Julio really had to correct to make the catches. Guy is a great reciever and will definitely get catches against us, but more in the 100 yard range, not the 300 yard face punch he gave the panthers today.

We have a way better pass rush and corners than the panthers, and our offense is much more diverse as well.

It will be a good game, and of course coming out of the buy we will be healthy but come out slow. I'm guessing we go into halftime down by a score, but in 3 and 4 we destroy, winning by at least 2 scores. Panthers really don't look good this year. Cam is trying to win games by himself and is going to get a multi game injury if he doesn't start running and playing smarter to protect himself, but I'm getting off point.

We love "best offense in the NFL" teams, remember?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Archer":252e15dc said:
I am not scared of the Falcons. They have played horrible defenses.

And we've played some terrible offenses.

It all evens out. ;)

original poster

Reaction score
Their record and stats are sugarcoated by the teams they've played, we will embarrass them in our house.

Sheen has already proven he will be able to handle JJ no problem.

original poster

Reaction score
Their record and stats are sugarcoated by the teams they've played, we will embarrass them in our house.

Sheen has already proven he will be able to handle JJ no problem.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
That defense is terrible against TEs and they've given up at least one touchdown to them in every game so far (as well as a whole lotta yards). Expect Jimmy to take off, again, again.

NINEster

Reaction score
X-Factor: Quinn will engineer a game plan against a defense he once coached.

Those minor tidbits plus Kyle Shanahan is already a good playcaller on his own will make things tough for the Hawk D.

Every year new teams pop up that create problems....I think Falcons are that new team this year.

Largent80

Reaction score
NINEster":1yuv5g17 said:

Same defense we run all the time but we have a whole new group of people in it. He can scheme all he wants but it is still the #1 defense in the NFL.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It should be a great game. Glad I'll be there in person to see it. Anyone else going?

hawker84

Reaction score
Didn't they have Julio last couple times we've played them, don't remember him doing much of anything in either of those games?

Trufant is not bad, but he's no lock down or even close to it. He's fast, but not a ball hawk. I don't think it'll be easy by any means, Ryan is solid, Julio's a beast, but I agree with others, defense wins close ball games. I think we'll score just enough in the end to eek out a nail biter. Just glad Tony Gonzales is no longer in the league.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NINEster":scuc6z7g said:

Those minor tidbits plus Kyle Shanahan is already a good playcaller on his own will make things tough for the Hawk D.

Every year new teams pop up that create problems....I think Falcons are that new team this year.

We've been running basically the same exact defense for years. Its not complicated.

Quinn has the same access to "engineering a game plan against the defense" that every other coach has.

sutz

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2cu6fry1 said:
That defense is terrible against TEs and they've given up at least one touchdown to them in every game so far (as well as a whole lotta yards). Expect Jimmy to take off, again, again.
Yeah, it would be nice if we had a TE that was familiar wtih them. Oh wait..... ;)

Atradees

Reaction score
I imagine we will be focusing on running the ball. Ball control offense. Its been our recipe and I imagine the Hawks will gameplan to get back to that. Everyone wants to see this game. I hope they beat Denver.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This offense isn't the same caliber as the Saints offenses we depantsed on national TV in 2013/14.

This kind of offense is exactly the kind of offense we're build to defend. I am far more confident playing them than I am the Rams or even Dallas.

I'd guess it'll be a win by 10+ and it won't even be that close.

blazen2392

Reaction score
well we are going to find out if our defense is back to 2013 form or not. They still haven't been tested this year so I don't know why people are automatically taking our D in this matchup.

Our D also got torched by Ben and Company in Seattle. We are built to stop high-powered offenses, but seriously, I can't remember the last time we have. Our D is definitely going to have its work cut out for them. We might possibly see a shoot out. Its going to be a really fun game to watch

Hawknballs

Reaction score
we will demolish the Falcons.

It won't be close.

The panthers got shredded because their defense isn't that great. The Seahawks secondary is superior in every single conceivable way, and at the clink the pass rush will be better as well.

The Falcons travel play the Broncos defense in Denver this week.

Then the follow that up with a trip out to Seattle to play the Seahawks.

meanwhile the Seahawks are coming off two good games, have two weeks to prepare and get healthy.

The falcons give up 31 points a game and 420 yards.

Seatlte gives up 13.5 and 264.

12's will be there and nuts after a 3-1 start and a team that looks like it's old self after a meh first couple games

I've been to Falcons games in seattle a couple times and they don't have a ton of fans here so it'll be a good home crowd.

Julio Jones is good. REALLY good. He will get his vs. Sherm as Marshall did - you can't defend perfect passes and you can't bottle up great receivers the whole game. 120 and a TD for him probably. It won't be enough.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":g3rjumm6 said:
well we are going to find out if our defense is back to 2013 form or not. They still haven't been tested this year so I don't know why people are automatically taking our D in this matchup.

Our D also got torched by Ben and Company in Seattle. We are built to stop high-powered offenses, but seriously, I can't remember the last time we have. Our D is definitely going to have its work cut out for them. We might possibly see a shoot out. Its going to be a really fun game to watch

While you are generally correct, that we've not faced really potent passing attacks this year there are reasons to expect a return to form. And yes, we did get torched by Pittsburgh and Arizona at home. That was last year. We're talking about this year. Returning to form this year.

Here would be my case:

1. Sherman is still dominating on his side. That hasn't changed. Still among the league leaders in any kind of weird metric one could compare.

2. Shead is above average to even dominant on the other side. Gets tested often.

3. Lane in the slot. I'd argue he's the best 3rd corner in this league and can start for any team including ours.

4. Chancellor is clearly returned to his 2013/14 form.

5. Pass rush is greatly improved. We are getting sacks. But more than that, we're getting more pressures and we're getting them from about 5 players instead of just 2 last year.

Points two through five were liabilities last year. And we saw the evidence of that (porous on one side, Thomas had to always cheat to the right, TE's abused us repeatedly last year, QBs had abnormally high efficiency ratings).

We haven't had any TE abuse this year. Pretty much every aspect alongside Sherman has improved. I will grant, that Thomas has had now a couple games where he's visibly misplayed some opportunities he doesn't. Will that persist? I kind of doubt that. And if he's 'off', then he's not been off in such a way as to allow chunk yardage in the middle of the field.

Competition level aside, it looks like we've improved greatly in the areas we were weak at last year. Both on paper, and by result.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3a9vi3px said:
I hope they beat Denver.

not sure why you would hope an NFC team with any chance of costing us home field in the playoffs would notch a win under their belt when their loss doesn't give another NFC team a win.