PFT: Seahawks working out alternative RBs

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ing-backs/

Mike Florio":1levd5zb said:
The injury suffered by Rawls, which knocked him out of Sunday’s game against the Patriots, apparently is bad enough to get the Seahawks to explore other options.

Yes, he actually typed that. Up to his usual standards of journalism. Not sure why I posted this.

In all seriousness, none of the RBs he mentioned could really be expected to replace Rawls.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Oh I can think of one name that would have been nice to have kept on the roster...

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
That's alright-we drafted 3 clearly outstanding RBs this year. Procise has shown an unbelievable toughness and durability; Collins has dreadlocks so he's our short yardage answer as we saw Sun.

And The Bevell splits Tuakufu out wide for versatility. Our feature back Michael is also one of the brightest players we've ever had-Wilson only has to remind him of the playcall twice each time because he must be really excited about the play.

Yes everything is just fine with our ground game.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I have always like CJ SPiller, he might be a good runner in our Zone block..is that what we use?
Maybe it's not Rawls they are worried about.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Bone bruise doesn't sound very fun to say the least.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Uh....why aren't we "working out" O linemen?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's too bad they had to flip a coin between keeping Collins or Pope. Going against their competition motto really bit them this time

Fade

Reaction score
So I guess the fans calling for Troymaine Pope to be on the 53, were justified, and logical. This is also a huge indictment on Alex Collins.

2_0_6

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2vxr4pns said:
Ever had a bone bruise?

I got kicked square in the shin a few years ago while going for a tipped ball at one of my football games. Granted Im far from a 20 something athlete in tip top shape, but I ended up with a dark purple bruise from just below my knee to damn near my ankle that lasted for a few weeks.

I thought I broke my leg when it happened. They are no fun.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":24vlyhou said:
Oh I can think of one name that would have been nice to have kept on the roster...

You mean the guy who was expendable because he was too similar to Rawls? Gee, what a bad quality to have in a backup. I agree it sure would be nice to have him right about now.

Reaction score
I would certainly entertain having CJ Spiller in for at least a workout. Excellent return man too in case Lockett has trouble going.
Really is too bad Pope got cut over Collins.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Spiller is back with the Bills I believe

hawkfan68

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":33od1zmu said:
I would certainly entertain having CJ Spiller in for at least a workout. Excellent return man too in case Lockett has trouble going.
Really is too bad Pope got cut over Collins.

I don't think Pope got cut in favor of Collins. Collins was the better blocking back of those who were remaining thus most likely why he made the team. At the time, they released all the fullbacks so maybe that's why Collins was kept. My belief is that Pope got cut because the team decided to stick with Prosise. Pope certainly can do everything Prosise can. Pope has shown to be more durable than Prosise too.