PFT: Seahawks working out alternative RBs

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The Seahawks also made a change to their practice squad, signing receiver Kasen Williams and running back Terrence Magee, and releasing cornerback Tye Smith and offensive tackle Michael Ola.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
vin.couve12":164xr04g said:
The Seahawks also made a change to their practice squad, signing receiver Kasen Williams and running back Terrence Magee, and releasing cornerback Tye Smith and offensive tackle Michael Ola.

Wew lad, how bad of a tackle do you need to be to get cut by the Hawks?

crosfam

Reaction score
vin.couve12":21xrf4mj said:

I think they have been doing this for years, rotating signees to the practice squad. A week or two of pay, then cut, and then back later for a few more weeks of pay.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Pope has some intangible gifts, but if his interview was any indication, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Perhaps we're spoiled with so many well-spoken athletes on the team, but Pope sounded like a born-again version of Forrest Gump.

chris98251

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":35uf41th said:
Pope has some intangible gifts, but if his interview was any indication, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Perhaps we're spoiled with so many well-spoken athletes on the team, but Pope sounded like a born-again version of Forrest Gump.

I recall in the movie Forrest Gump scored touchdowns and ran very fast.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is really, really unfair to try to determine someone's personality from one interview.

People have a bad day. Are tired. Sometimes intimidated.

Go look at some of Lynch's interviews, then contrast it with some of the profound observations he has made in other interviews in a different setting/environment or format.

A sample size of one is just a recipe for an incorrect assumption.

What I do know is Pope was pretty good at avoiding tackles and getting yards/TDs. That is a useful skill in a game where moving the ball and scoring more is the objective. However he is gone, there are no 'takebacks' so the issue with Pope is just to figure out how to not make the same mistake again.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3c7uffjv said:
Where did pope end up? Has he seen any field time?
He is on the Jets 53 but has been inactive the first two games.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
GeekHawk":7irkttd0 said:
Ever had a bone bruise?

Yes. I was a tailback in highschool and took a helmet to the thigh in the 2nd half of a game. I was able to gut out the rest of the game after a little treatment on the sideline, but woke up Saturday unable to stand on my leg. I couldn't walk for 4-5 days after and required crutches.

The pain in the thigh bone and quad muscles was one thing, but each time I'd try to take a step my quad muscles would seize up making it impossible to take another step. Felt like I had a baseball embedded in my thigh for about a month afterward due to muscle tightness, and I walked/ran with a limp until my muscles were fully warmed up.

If Rawls is experiencing something similar and tries to come back too soon, he is at greater risk of straining his groin, calf or hamstring, or tearing his achilles due to the muscle tightness around his injury. I hope he and the team are careful with this one.

Offering prayers for a quick recovery with no complications...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3iybcxo8 said:
johnnyfever":3iybcxo8 said:
Where did pope end up? Has he seen any field time?
He is on the Jets 53 but has been inactive the first two games.

Weird, I can't believe how Dumb the Jets are for not making him their primary RB. It's obvious to anyone with an ounce of football sense this guy is bound for Canton.

Jets, what a dumb organization.

It's funny how it almost seems like the professional football minds that scouted him, ignored him, cut him and have left him off the active rosters have some kind of info we don't. Nah couldn't be. They are all just dumb.

Latest posts