Jake Heaps back to the Practice squad...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with whether Tarvaris will be brought back. Russ likely will be limited in practice, so they need another arm tomorrow. Pete disclosed this week, reportedly, that he's been in contact with Tarvaris, so the dialogue has started.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3q4h1xp4 said:
This has nothing to do with whether Tarvaris will be brought back. Russ likely will be limited in practice, so they need another arm tomorrow. Pete disclosed this week, reportedly, that he's been in contact with Tarvaris, so the dialogue has started.

Haha you might have to find someone else to fap to, I think TJack is gone for good. Your commentary on him is much appreciated though.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":171r3q8o said:
Siouxhawk":171r3q8o said:

Haha you might have to find someone else to fap to, I think TJack is gone for good. Your commentary on him is much appreciated though.
Your opinion. I believe he'll be back. Is fap a word?

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
This doesn't exactly inspire confidence if RW can't play.

I see different. I think showing confidence when not bringing vet like Minny did. They need extra arm for practice, not for game. This good sign if they got more experience they want maybe help in game.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":20pcf5n9 said:
CodeWarrior":20pcf5n9 said:
Siouxhawk":20pcf5n9 said:

In the traditional sense? I don't think so.

Respected TJack ever since he played through that torn pec. Didn't parse the DV story, though.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
With the Qb's that have gone down (Rg3, Romo, Teddy) if he was that good he would have been signed by someone.

Instead, Minny gave up a Kings Ransom for a veteran player who had proved nothing but being injury prone.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This is just about practice. Heaps can better mimic Case Keenum as a scout team QB.

And that is not a compliment.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3tb9io0w said:
This is just about practice. Heaps can better mimic Case Keenum as a scout team QB.

We could probably have had that with Jon Ryan as QB

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":jpxyfgt6 said:

More of a sound, really.

The report that they have been in contact did not specifically reference that this was a new thing since the injury. Simply that they had maintained an open line of communication with him since he was "released."

Geologic

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2sevjmqk said:
If Russ cannot play, Jackson is our best option.
I agree, Boykin is too raw of a prospect at this point. Let's hope Russ is healthy though. Especially against the Ram's defensive line....

King Dog

Reaction score
Is BJ Daniels out of practice squad eligibility? I just see zero upside with Heaps, even if he is just an arm this week.

BJ Daniels at least had some quick's and made some plays here and there for the 49ers and Hawks at qb during the preseason.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1gauezhb said:
DavidSeven":1gauezhb said:

We could probably have had that with Jon Ryan as QB
Hmmmmmm, not so sure Ryan isn't better than what I hear Keenum showed last night. Bet he's tougher too.

xgeoff

Reaction score
King Dog":t6412z7j said:
Is BJ Daniels out of practice squad eligibility? I just see zero upside with Heaps, even if he is just an arm this week.

BJ Daniels at least had some quick's and made some plays here and there for the 49ers and Hawks at qb during the preseason.

Exactly. I thought Daniels and RJ Archer were serviceable. I had such high hopes for Heaps. Sounds like he lives and breathes football, is a local kid and has had some success at the college level. And yet he seemed incapable of making the most elementary of passes. How does that happen?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":11no7hxz said:
King Dog":11no7hxz said:

Exactly. I thought Daniels and RJ Archer were serviceable. I had such high hopes for Heaps. Sounds like he lives and breathes football, is a local kid and has had some success at the college level. And yet he seemed incapable of making the most elementary of passes. How does that happen?
It's a faster game in the NFL,if you cannot read the D and react accordingly it's fail time.