Curious what kind of crowd we'll see in L.A.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
First game back in Los Angeles. Can't be very many die hard Rams fans. Will USC fans come out to cheer for Pete Carrol? How many seahawk fans in the house?

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I hope so. There are millions of USC fans in Los Angeles who remember Carroll fondly.

This made me LOL:

Playing at the Coliseum will be fun," Carroll said, "Seeing how horrible that visitor’s locker room is, and all that. I’m really looking forward to the opportunity. That’s all. What else? It’s a ballgame on grass, so it’ll be fun.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/12 ... pn-seattle

hawknation2016

Reaction score
The visitors' locker room at the Coliseum is only about 20-feet-by-30-feet and is stuffed with two banks of lockers in the middle of the room. Also, the lockers rise up almost to the ceiling, making the room seem very claustrophobic. But most importantly, there's no place for the team to gather and have a meeting, making it a major hindrance for the visitors during halftime or before the game.

0929visitorslr.JPG

The visitors' locker room at the Coliseum, designed by Raiders owner Al Davis in 1991, is small and claustrophobic and features no area for the away team to gather.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
sc85sis":1f251ann said:
Wish I could go. Tickets aren't in my budget.

Keep checking . . . I have a feeling prices on the secondary markets will plummet after tonight's performance. :2thumbs:

dogorama

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2axcuck6 said:
First game back in Los Angeles. Can't be very many die-hard Rams fans. Will USC fans come out to cheer for Pete Carrol? How many seahawk fans in the house?

My brother went to USC and I'm a Husky so we needled each other for many years w/him mostly winning the last 15 years. He was also a big Rams fan and my being a Seahawks fan really didn't ever rise to our college rivalry because we rarely played each other being in different conferences. He is ecstatic that they are moving back though and from what he tells me, all of the LA area is pretty excited to have a team back, especially since it's the Rams.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
“I think L.A. is going to welcome him with open arms, because for so long the only NFL team they had was the USC Trojans,” Sherman said. “Pete Carroll was their NFL coach for like 10 years or so, and they had an incredible run.”

In fact, Sherman said, the Rams might want to arrange their pregame introductions to take advantage of that applause.

“And the coach of the Seahawks, Pete Carroll. Ladies and gentlemen, your Los Angeles Rams.…”

Said Sherman: “They might want to blend them together, because if they do it separate, Pete will probably get a louder reception.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-s ... story.html

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2yuwumf4 said:
The visitors' locker room at the Coliseum is only about 20-feet-by-30-feet and is stuffed with two banks of lockers in the middle of the room. Also, the lockers rise up almost to the ceiling, making the room seem very claustrophobic. But most importantly, there's no place for the team to gather and have a meeting, making it a major hindrance for the visitors during halftime or before the game.

0929visitorslr.JPG

The visitors' locker room at the Coliseum, designed by Raiders owner Al Davis in 1991, is small and claustrophobic and features no area for the away team to gather.

Not surprised by Al Davis designing the special "features" for the visitors. I am surprised the NFL didn't intervene somehow to require a remodel of that locker room now.

fav13259

Reaction score
I gotta say I'm worried about security for this game. The last Rams game there were a few fights that broke out, and there was also an issue with getting enough LAPD Officers to provide security. I don't know if that's been remedied yet. I've been down to 4 games in San Diego (3 Seahawks, 1 Packers) and never felt threatened, I'm more skeptical of the LA crowd, and I live here! I'm taking my wife and toddler, I don't drink and I'm a good sport when it comes to hecklers. Hopefully that keeps the trouble away, there's always a few knuckleheads though.

Anytime I talk to USC fans they have great respect for Carroll. Many of them cheer for the Seahawks because of them. I don't know how much of that changed since the Rams came back. I would think he gets a warm welcome from SC fans being that they'll play in SC's home turf, it merits some sort of public recognition. But it's now the Rams' Home snd there's also a lot of UCLA fans here in LA to boot.

dogorama

Reaction score
fav13259":1w5hszde said:
I gotta say I'm worried about security for this game. The last Rams game there were a few fights that broke out, and there was also an issue with getting enough LAPD Officers to provide security. I don't know if that's been remedied yet. I've been down to 4 games in San Diego (3 Seahawks, 1 Packers) and never felt threatened, I'm more skeptical of the LA crowd, and I live here! I'm taking my wife and toddler, I don't drink and I'm a good sport when it comes to hecklers. Hopefully that keeps the trouble away, there's always a few knuckleheads though.

Anytime I talk to USC fans they have great respect for Carroll. Many of them cheer for the Seahawks because of them. I don't know how much of that changed since the Rams came back. I would think he gets a warm welcome from SC fans being that they'll play in SC's home turf, it merits some sort of public recognition. But it's now the Rams' Home snd there's also a lot of UCLA fans here in LA to boot.

Yeah, don't confuse the USC campus w/UCLA's. UCLA is in Westwood, a beautiful affluent LA neighborhood, USC is in South Central, i.e. "the hood." Okay in daylight but I wouldn't recommend it at night.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawknation2016":3j6kj1gz said:
sc85sis":3j6kj1gz said:
Wish I could go. Tickets aren't in my budget.

Keep checking . . . I have a feeling prices on the secondary markets will plummet after tonight's performance. :2thumbs:

The two pre-season games I went to were all full to capacity and full of Rams fans. The Dallas game had a lot of Dallas fans, but it was mostly all Rams fans.

There are a lot of LA Rams fans. Now, they did just all get baptized into the Rams after tonight's game, but I don't expect that will change it too much.

I do think there are also a lot of Hawk fans in SoCal and it's close to travel to, so there will also be a lot of Hawk fans.

As to security, the neighborhood is honestly not the best. But, should be fine at the stadium.

RedAlice

Reaction score
dogorama":2o5llqcp said:
fav13259":2o5llqcp said:

Yeah, don't confuse the USC campus w/UCLA's. UCLA is in Westwood, a beautiful affluent LA neighborhood, USC is in South Central, i.e. "the hood." Okay in daylight but I wouldn't recommend it at night.

Correct. But at the stadium is fine. And the game is during the day.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Will they follow the 'Ram Rules'?

[youtube]0-d-Hf5Zzn4[/youtube]

dogorama

Reaction score
RedAlice":aj0ecuid said:
dogorama":aj0ecuid said:
fav13259":aj0ecuid said:

Correct. But at the stadium is fine. And the game is during the day.

The stadium is across the street from the campus and like the campus is somewhat of an enclave surrounded by security fencing. It is also heavily policed.

Even though USC is located in this neighborhood it is still a prestigious school to attend, unlike UW it is a private school and not part of the University of California system, tuition is not cheap.

RedAlice, I look at your avatar and it reminded me that one of the things my brother and LA Rams fans are miffed about is they haven't changed back to the traditional blue and yellow yet. I guess they are planning to at some point but I think it is dumb for them to open in those colors, all it does is remind LA fans of their antagonism towards the NFL.