Curious what kind of crowd we'll see in L.A.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I'm a So Calif Hawk fan who became a Hawk fan when and because Pete went north. I have been a Trojan fan since the beginning of time.
I was a Rams season ticket holder for many years, and when they pulled their disappearing act and moved out of Anaheim, literally in the middle of the night, and left the loyal fans out in the cold, I became an instant hater.
Nothing makes me happier than seeing the Rams get their collective butts handed to them, more so than any other team..! I hope they keep Fisher forever, he is doing a great job...
I find it ironic that the Rams left Anaheim for a pile of cash and a new stadium, and now years later they have left SL for a pile of cash and a new stadium. Screw em...

byau

Reaction score
Wife actually was interested in going. She's never been to a professional football game.

I'm always wary of watching games in Los Angeles, probably over paranoid. Definitely wouldn't if it was LA Raiders. Rams? Who knows how that'll go, esp first NFL game back in this town after some time, people will be hyped. I almost feel like it'd be safer for the excitement to die down first (had to be the home opener right?)

Plus it being in South Central .. Always wonder if it's worth it because you never know. I did attend a Dodgers/Mariners game and things were alright despite my worries because of the attack years ago that basically left that Giants fan permanently disabled. But you never know

dogorama

Reaction score
byau":2q7kkfxv said:
Wife actually was interested in going. She's never been to a professional football game.

I'm always wary of watching games in Los Angeles, probably over paranoid. Definitely wouldn't if it was LA Raiders. Rams? Who knows how that'll go, esp first NFL game back in this town after some time, people will be hyped. I almost feel like it'd be safer for the excitement to die down first (had to be the home opener right?)

Plus it being in South Central .. Always wonder if it's worth it because you never know. I did attend a Dodgers/Mariners game and things were alright despite my worries because of the attack years ago that basically left that Giants fan permanently disabled. But you never know

Don't make eye contact w/anyone, cheer wildly for the Rams, and be sure to pick up one of those bullet-proof vests from the street vendors. You'll be fine.

Largent80

Reaction score
In the early 70's I used to go to to the Rams games at the C. Never once had any problems.

A

Anonymous

Largent80":3232xw55 said:
In the early 70's I used to go to to the Rams games at the C. Never once had any problems.

Did they still wear the leather helmets back then Rob?

:mrgreen:

sc85sis

Reaction score
The neighborhood isn't the greatest, but it's far better than it used to be. My sister attended USC in the eighties. She and her friends often comment on all the changes both on and near campus.

I don't know how it will be for the Rams, but USC is generally well respected by members of the surrounding community. They're the largest non-governmental employer in the city and do a ton of outreach.

If you are not sure about parking, there's a Metro stop right between campus and Exposition Park.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Aros":2f9ribrz said:
I smell a trap game ahead.
Me too, and I don't think it is the rams. The two trap games I'm worried about are Tampa and the jets. But off topic, so... sorry.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":3jgjp6li said:
Aros":3jgjp6li said:
I smell a trap game ahead.
Me too, and I don't think it is the rams. The two trap games I'm worried about are Tampa and the jets. But off topic, so... sorry.

Don't say that, I'm going to the Tampa game.

I very much believe Tampa will be tough with Winston playing well. :180670:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2d1x18h2 said:
Probably 50% Hawks fans, if not more.

Maybe in 2-3 years after LA forgets about the Rams again, but for the first game back? I predict a good 15k of Hawk fans for this game. It'll sound like it does in Arizona when we play the Cards.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1si291im said:
Largent80":1si291im said:

Did they still wear the leather helmets back then Rob?

:mrgreen:
No, but helmets had no face bars at all back in his day. :)

30% Hawks fans is my prediction.

A

Anonymous

The last time we had a game in Arizona there was sure a ton of blue and green in the stands, IIRC.

I would guess that the west coast games, in general, are going to have a much higher percentage of 12's than elsewhere.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":5ggtkql8 said:
The last time we had a game in Arizona there was sure a ton of blue and green in the stands, IIRC.

I would guess that the west coast games, in general, are going to have a much higher percentage of 12's than elsewhere.

As I and several here would or could confirm....yes there was a lot of blue and green in the stands. After halftime, the Arizona teams fans had to leave....it was bedtime. LOL

dogorama

Reaction score
LegendKiller":reg5w2o4 said:
Any of you guys going to the game?

My brother invited me down, he got season tickets as soon as the move was announced. He just wanted to be in the first queue for the new stadium in Inglewood. I want to but I'm in recovery mode and it isn't really feasible. I doubt you would have trouble getting tickets, the Coliseum is huge and holds close to 100K. I think some people from the board are going and I heard some mention of meeting at that USC bar a few blocks from the stadium. I think it's the 901 on Figueroa.

RedAlice

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3sbuorli said:
Probably 50% Hawks fans, if not more.

Happy to point out how wrong you were on this one.

Hawk fans I met before the game were great - liked them all.

There were none in my section, and no huge pockets of Hawk fans anywhere. I also talked to some of them after the game, and good fans.

Not sure how the rest of the year will go, but so far Hawk fans are my favorite visitors.

Also, I am so hoarse today.

Latest posts