Schneider's letter to Baldwin, post draft

HawkGA

Reaction score
One thing that doesn't make sense to me . . . this was supposedly before he signed as a free agent, right? I thought I saw that it was part of the reason he signed. Aren't those signings done pretty quickly? How do you have time to get a hand written note to the player?

Laloosh

Reaction score
HawkGA":j4q40sng said:
One thing that doesn't make sense to me . . . this was supposedly before he signed as a free agent, right? I thought I saw that it was part of the reason he signed. Aren't those signings done pretty quickly? How do you have time to get a hand written note to the player?

Lockout. UDFAs were floating adrift at this time and teams couldn't extend offers.

HawkGA

Reaction score
It's kind of funny that a Cardinals fan is posting Seahawks news on a Seahawks website , and puts it in the NFL forum.

OP
OP
b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
HawkGA":2pu6ew8d said:
It's kind of funny that a Cardinals fan is posting Seahawks news on a Seahawks website , and puts it in the NFL forum.

I keep forgetting that there is a Seahawks specific forum on this Seahawks.NET (not NFL copyrighted) website

:2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
IIRC, Baldwin came out during the lockout year when UDFA's had to wait months before they signed with NFL teams.

Normally sending a hand written note to a UDFA for purposes of persuading him to sign would be completely impossible since they tend to sign with teams over the phone minutes after the draft ends. Good on John Schneider for using the lockout to his advantage.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Just a beautiful record of how we stole another Stanford player from the 49ers.

Baldwin said at the time that he hated playing football under Harbaugh at Stanford.

dogorama

Reaction score
hawknation2016":25supy9v said:
Just a beautiful record of how we stole another Stanford player from the 49ers.

Baldwin said at the time that he hated playing football under Harbaugh at Stanford.

If I am not mistaken Harbaugh threw Baldwin under the bus to NFL scouts and that is a large reason why he wasn't drafted. I believe both Baldwin and Sherman hate Harbaugh intensely.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":luudb7de said:
I'm gonna be the jerk to say it.

His handwriting sucks.
Ya, it was pretty sic [sic].

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
As someone who sat through a two win season in the Kingdome, I won't say we deserved it but we certainly can appreciate it now that we have it.

We might not win the SB every year but we have a hell of a football team.

That comes from having a hell of a FO.

I hope everyone watching this realizes what they have, because not every fan in the NFL gets to point to a specific time in recent history where they get this quality top to bottom. And we are living in it now.

So yeah, bummer we didn't go to the SB last year, or win the one before that, but we are very very lucky because of guys like the one that wrote that letter.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
JS playing Chess while the rest of the league plays Checkers.