Schneider's letter to Baldwin, post draft

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I listened to the morning guys on KJR read this in its entirety this morning on the air. The fact that this was a HAND WRITTEN letter ... that's incredible. This speaks volumes about John Schneider and just who the Seattle Seahawks are. Where a lot of GM's would write form letters ... Schneider in hand writing this makes this so personal. This right here is why the Seattle Seahawks are one of the true elite franchises in all of sports. Period. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
There is a reason our guys are all in, hand written letters and personal relationships say something. This Front office goes above and beyond to take care of the players and their lives on and off the field if needed, they have shown it time and time again with guys they have tried to help, some of the guys they drafted that had medical issues and they kept them around to help them get things worked out.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
chris98251":1aqkg6ba said:
There is a reason our guys are all in, hand written letters and personal relationships say something. This Front office goes above and beyond to take care of the players and their lives on and off the field if needed, they have shown it time and time again with guys they have tried to help, some of the guys they drafted that had medical issues and they kept them around to help them get things worked out.

Absolutely, while the NFL is a business (and the Seahawks are no exception -- let's no kid ourselves) -- this organization sets itself apart by demonstrating that they actually care about their players, families, etc. And everyone in and around the NFL knows that ... which is why guys literally jump at the chance to be a part of this team. Truly unique and special organization from the top down. When I think about the many dark days of the past that many of us suffered through under the Behrings, this just brings a tear to my eye.

NINEster

Reaction score
dogorama":1laer9sf said:
hawknation2016":1laer9sf said:
Just a beautiful record of how we stole another Stanford player from the 49ers.

Baldwin said at the time that he hated playing football under Harbaugh at Stanford.

If I am not mistaken Harbaugh threw Baldwin under the bus to NFL scouts and that is a large reason why he wasn't drafted. I believe both Baldwin and Sherman hate Harbaugh intensely.

Baldwin has reason to be pissed if that is true.

But Sherman?

Should be grateful Harbaugh effectively converted him to a CB. If he only got in as a 5th round CB, what round would have gotten in as WR? UFA?

You can't say Sherman had a real career as a WR. Even Deion Sanders playing WR part time wasn't a real WR.

BTW, there's a picture out there of Sherman and Harbaugh hugging at a Stanford post game. Can't imagine the hatred is as bad as it seems.

I defend Harbaugh a hell of a lot less than I used to, but not sure how accurate him being a prick to former players is. It's very convenient that Baldwin and Sherman got passed up by a majority of the NFL only to land on a division rival team to Harbaugh's Niners.

Jaguars, Texans, Bills? We'd hear none of it if those two went there.