Jesse Williams Cleared to Return to Football

sutz

Reaction score
IDK. Do the Hawks still own his rights? Or is he a FA?

sc85sis

Reaction score
Spotrac shows him as being in EFRA status.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENT (ERFA): A player whose contract has expired and has three or fewer tenured years in the league. His original team must make a contract offer by the league imposed deadline or the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. No compensation is awarded for losing EFAs.

kf3339

Reaction score
I really hope he can make the final team and produce for us this coming season. At this point you know he has the fire and heart to prove he belongs. Lets hope this was his last obstacle to tackle.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
His knees should be healthy again as he's unfortunately had lengthy time off. For him it's now or never.

He does have talent and the team has kept him around waiting for him to show if he can still play ball. It'd not surprise me to know that he still is the strongest man on the team weight lifting. On the down side he hasn't been able to play much in the three seasons since he was drafted, and was unhealthy (knees) in the first two. I do suspect the team will tender him and a hard decision on his career will be made by the end of camp.

I wish him nothing but good luck going forward as he has now beaten a formidable adversary and a redemption story for him would be terrific to see.

seabowl

Reaction score
From a personal standpoint based on what he's been through I wish him the best. With that said he is literally an egg on stilts (big frame and ski poles for legs) and think he cannot physically matchup with NFL caliber OL. Also his knees are on their last legs (no pun intended).

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sounds like Pete & Co. have stood by him through all the tough times, I would think that he'd want to stay with the Seahawks, the question is though, after all that his body's been through, how much fight does he have left him?
From the interview that the OP showed on him, he sounded like he was ready to get back into the fray, but to me, the look in his eyes appeared to be saying something different.