Offensive Philosophy

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I hope Pete opens things up a bit more next season. I like what I see when Russell slings it a bit more. No need to become a pass only offense but just open that pass door a bit more next year might give us some more points. What say you all?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I don't think it matters when, from coaching to huddle, everyone is so lackadaisical in getting the play off in a reasonable time. It was a theme when the offense cooled off. No rhythm and no tempo.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Well at least next year we won't have Marshawn's ego to stroke so there is a chance they will be willing to open it up.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1vp25eyn said:
Well at least next year we won't have Marshawn's ego to stroke so there is a chance they will be willing to open it up.

I dont want to admit this but I agree. I have nothing against ML but I think this offense has outgrown him.

ducks41468

Reaction score
We've been saying this since the Atlanta game and it hasn't happened. Doubt much changes next year. We'll dig ourselves into holes, we'll make some spectacular comebacks, and we'll lose games like we did today.

Anthony!

Reaction score
All you need to do is look at the season. First half we suck on offense, 2nd half with a change in philosophy we avg over 30. Same today first half offense like first half of the season, sucks, oline cannot block Wilson gets hit, sacked or hurried on 77% of his drop backs. @nd half we move the ball, score and Wilson get hit less. Now why simple first half all pass plays are long slow developing, 2nd half combo routes, some short, some long, some middle, giving Wilson options.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
For 4 years we were near top of the league in explosive plays while throwing the least.
So many analysts and fans assume our explosive passing plays were set up by the run/play action but I've thought it was always a strength never fully realized.
Tonight we abandoned the run completely and appeared to look even more explosive. We might be turning a corner just as Brady's Pats, Ben's Stealerz and Rodger's packers evolved to become a more balanced offense with a dangerous passing game. I hope we give this passing offense more work to further refine the timing and chemistry that already makes us so explosive.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":184lfsfw said:
For 4 years we were near top of the league in explosive plays while throwing the least.
So many analysts and fans assume our explosive passing plays were set up by the run/play action but I've thought it was always a strength never fully realized.
Tonight we abandoned the run completely and appeared to look even more explosive. We might be turning a corner just as Brady's Pats, Ben's Stealerz and Rodger's packers evolved to become a more balanced offense with a dangerous passing game. I hope we give this passing offense more work to further refine the timing and chemistry that already makes us so explosive.

Kind of agree but felt they only did that in the 2nd half, also feel the oline needs to be improved

AusSeahawk

Reaction score
ducks41468":38fzx6se said:
We've been saying this since the Atlanta game and it hasn't happened. Doubt much changes next year. We'll dig ourselves into holes, we'll make some spectacular comebacks, and we'll lose games like we did today.

This.

I feel more comfortable coming back from 10 points down than holding a 10 point lead in the last.

Mojambo

Reaction score
They should go full spread and supplement with read option running.

That fits our personnel from Russell and Rawls to Graham, Lockett and Baldwin best.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Fire Bevell and Promote Cable, if according to MRobs tweet is true, and I dont think he'd have a reason to BS anymore. Spread offense and let her rip

Bwarren

Reaction score
Can't fix the offensive strategy without fixing the online first and foremost.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Bwarren":1ifamq05 said:

Pats oline sucks but they mitigate it because of play design..not like they have all pros protecting brady...

Anthony!

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on:
WilsonMVP":1insfj6x said:
Bwarren":1insfj6x said:

Pats oline sucks but they mitigate it because of play design..not like they have all pros protecting brady...

Pats oline was ranked way higher than ours and while some can be play design, and some can be QB not all of it is that. That said we have a philosophy that worked we just did not run it till the 2nd half

HawkGA

Reaction score
JPatera76":30hc70cg said:
Fire Bevell and Promote Cable, if according to MRobs tweet is true, and I dont think he'd have a reason to BS anymore. Spread offense and let her rip

Wait, what tweet?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The problem is a team that is completely OK with just treading water on offense for the 1st half.

Sometimes you cannot come back, or a penalty bites you, or a guy gets injured.

It is really stupid to essentially almost concede scoring as not being an option for a half.

Frankly, in this game it would have hardly mattered. We were down by 31 before anyone batted an eye. We were a 6 against a 1 in their own house. We stood little chance considering, and considering all the personnel losses we took this year.

But this is a trend of needing crazy things to happen to come back, and it is part of the reason this team was a #6 in the first place.

But it was still a better year than I expected. So there is that.

Also this philosophy of thinking we can just use anyone on the OL has to end. Carolina feasted on us because our OL was a bunch of C and D grade players.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":39j2503l said:
The problem is a team that is completely OK with just treading water on offense for the 1st half.

Sometimes you cannot come back, or a penalty bites you, or a guy gets injured.

It is really stupid to essentially almost concede scoring as not being an option for a half.

Frankly, in this game it would have hardly mattered. We were down by 31 before anyone batted an eye. We were a 6 against a 1 in their own house. We stood little chance considering, and considering all the personnel losses we took this year.

But this is a trend of needing crazy things to happen to come back, and it is part of the reason this team was a #6 in the first place.

But it was still a better year than I expected. So there is that.

Also this philosophy of thinking we can just use anyone on the OL has to end. Carolina feasted on us because our OL was a bunch of C and D grade players.
The difference between genius and delusional was reality. The reality was our O line is a major weakness and our conservative philosophy is a setback in playoffs. Also JS and PC must do a better job of keeping this team united and hungry rather than being driven by individual slights that threaten to implode the team.