SoundFX from Vikings/Seahawks playoff game.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Based on the clips shown it would seem that Wilson was out of it and Baldwin stepped up as the leader.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It was pretty clear that Baldwin stepped up as a leader in that game, and had to help snap Wilson out of his icicle-induced catatonia. I remember noticing a very disturbing look on Wilson's face throughout the entire game. He definitely looked shell-shocked...No doubt did the temps (or lack thereof) create a mental state he simply had never experienced, nor was adequately prepared for. SO glad we survived that frigid game and can move on.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Aros":1yz4vylc said:
It was pretty clear that Baldwin stepped up as a leader in that game, and had to help snap Wilson out of his icicle-induced catatonia. I remember noticing a very disturbing look on Wilson's face throughout the entire game. He definitely looked shell-shocked...No doubt did the temps (or lack thereof) create a mental state he simply had never experienced, nor was adequately prepared for. SO glad we survived that frigid game and can move on.

Yup. Glad this team pulled together and kept believing in each other. Whenever someone needs to step up, someone does. They don't just sit around waiting for someone else to take the lead.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Guessing Russell was the same throughout the game. What none of the other players understood was the difficulties he specifically had (calling plays with a closed mouth, bad headset issues, wind and cold impact on throws). He was trying to work through all those things

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Unbelievable quote there. It shows the faith and belief that these guys have in each other.

"We have to follow you. You lead us. You lead us to darkness and we will follow you".

Russell was clearly struggling with the bitter cold and Baldwin recognized and stepped up. They all know we need Wilson or we're going nowhere and you have to think that Baldwin drew something out of Wilson right there to allow him to make the plays he did - and they did - in the 4th quarter when it was such a struggle leading up until that point.

Seahawkcanucknyc

Reaction score
if you watch the botched snap to russell again, the replay shows russell running towards the ball on the ground in front of viking defenders... put his mouthguard back into place, and then scoop up the ball :eek:

JPatera76

Reaction score
That scoop.. in the NFL is probably my favorite play. I thought I was watching baseball and football at the same time. Everything that went on in that short amount of time. Between the snap, the mouth guard, to him running back and looking around to decided if he'll fall on it or not (he just went MLB in a football game)