Why My Hopes Are Not Tied To Lynch

Optimus25

Reaction score
I want to start by saying that i was pleading on .net that Rawls would start vs Carolina in the regular season. Remember this was lynch's first week available back from injury, with Rawls dominating in his absence. While resting lynch another week was part of my plan, there were two true deciding factors:

1. In big games, you always play the hot hand.

2. Lynch has not put up numbers against Carolina that would be a difference maker anyway. I'm certain somewhere the statistics say he had a good game against them, and i don't have time to live on the internet finding stats, but back then i definitely saw where his most recent rushing performances against Carolina yielded roughly fifty to sixty yards and no touchdowns. By the end of my research and now with the retrospect of two Vikings games, i would say that lynch vs Carolina is similar to AP vs Seattle. There's just something about their defense that limits his performance. Then in that regular season game where Rawls didn't touch the field but maybe a couple times, you guessed it, lynch ran for fifty to sixty something and no touchdowns.

I'm posting these thoughts because last week i was somewhat pinning my hopes on Lynch. I wanted Washington bad and i knew the Vikings would give us all we wanted.

This week, however, losing lynch won't matter too much. Christine Michael is our hot hand. The numbers just don't favor lynch at all. Michael out performed AP in all facets of the game. I'm optimistic the staff will show him the film of missed yards to hopefully somehow improve his vision.

Not to mention, if he puts up sixty with no fumbles, he'll already contribute everything we ever got from Marshawn anyways.

Now lynch's history vs Arizona on the other hand, is as delicious as a fresh package of Skittles.

Largent80

Reaction score
Lynch hasn't played almost the entire year and isn't really part of this insurgence the Hawks have done. First losing Rawls and now RBBC, this team is incredible without him now.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Now lynch's history vs Arizona on the other hand, is as delicious as a fresh package of Skittles.[/quote]

This might be for a different thread but I think I'm in the minority that thinks that Rodgers is going into Arizona and making Chop Suey out of them similarly to the way we did two weeks ago.
If we do win this week and I think we will. We are going to Green Bay

Ozzy

Reaction score
If Lynch comes back I will be cheering for him as I would any Seahawk. I am skeptical he is going to add anything extra to what Michael is doing. The game tape from Lynch earlier this year is worse than what we are seeing from Michael right now. But would it shock me if a healthy Lynch looked like the Lynch of old? Nope. I trust Michael regardless and think he has been playing much better than people give him credit for. We win either way!

seahawksny

Reaction score
, advantage that we have coming back is that it will confuse the defense. I think we get the same yardage no matter who is running unless one of them breaks a long one.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
.[/quote]

This might be for a different thread but I think I'm in the minority that thinks that Rodgers is going into Arizona and making Chop Suey out of them similarly to the way we did two weeks ago.
If we do win this week and I think we will. We are going to Green Bay[/quote]

I was in the minority around here it seemed to want Washington, and the reasoning was on full display Sunday. They're awful.

Green bay heating up against them means virtually nothing.

Prepare for the desert showdown.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Optimus25":6471p6pm said:

If we do win this week and I think we will. We are going to Green Bay[/quote]

I was in the minority around here it seemed to want Washington, and the reasoning was on full display Sunday. They're awful.

Green bay heating up against them means virtually nothing.

Prepare for the desert showdown.[/quote]

I'll take it
Bestquake 3.0

OkieHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":oxle5yeo said:
If Lynch comes back I will be cheering for him as I would any Seahawk. I am skeptical he is going to add anything extra to what Michael is doing. The game tape from Lynch earlier this year is worse than what we are seeing from Michael right now. But would it shock me if a healthy Lynch looked like the Lynch of old? Nope. I trust Michael regardless and think he has been playing much better than people give him credit for. We win either way!

You are the Anthony! of Christine Michael... :stirthepot:

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Largent80":1qp5j6e7 said:
Lynch hasn't played almost the entire year and isn't really part of this insurgence the Hawks have done. First losing Rawls and now RBBC, this team is incredible without him now.

This is a fair statement in all regards, but i maintain that if we had Lynch last week we cover the spread. The running lanes were there, and Michael just doesn't have the second level vision yet to exploit the huge gains. But a no fumble performance and lunch box mentality from Michael and company is just fine with me!

pmedic920

Reaction score
I made mention of this in a couple other places already.
I love our #24, he's one of my all time favs.

My worry concerning his return, whenever it is, is that we will try to force things to him, and this will in turn, take us away from what has been working for us.

I'd be 100% happy to be wrong and be forced to eat my words but I have a strange feeling about his return at this point in our season.

hawker84

Reaction score
Is Lynch even practicing? is he at the facility with the team, I haven't heard a word about that up to this point. if he's not a full go at practice, doubt he makes this trip either? Does anyone have the word on this?

sutz

Reaction score
I think the whole team has moved past the "depend on Marshawn" era, sad to say. Love the guy and what he's done, but obviously we can have success without him. Would love to have him out there, but I'm not so sure he's the 'heart and soul' of the team like he used to be.

It's Russ's team now. :229031_shrug:

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawker84":3bcevrrk said:
Is Lynch even practicing? is he at the facility with the team, I haven't heard a word about that up to this point. if he's not a full go at practice, doubt he makes this trip either? Does anyone have the word on this?

He was full go at all last week's practices, so I would think he is practicing this week too. I read somewhere that he had lost some weight and he didn't feel strong enough to go last week. I think he'll be a go this week and will probably be a bit quicker than he was early in the season.

Latest posts