Anyone Else Feel Like...

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
That perhaps in such a physically and psychologically draining game surviving Sub Zero temps, -15 WCF, on the road against a very good team in a game that could have been a loss...

The Seahawks will be playing with some sort of House Money mentality from here on out. Nothing too out of character but just loose, fun football without the weighted expectations and mental pressures to be perfectionists that ironically leads to error, miscues, and mistakes. Or just play-it-safe football.

Mostly what i'm saying is, that there isn't really anything left for Carolina to get into Seahawks head and completely dominant and shutdown their mindset.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't see a big shift to 'play it safe' football. We'll play our normal game, which is generally good enough to handle anything any team can throw at us.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Ice or no ice, what I saw today was early season, play it safe, lose in the 4th quarter football. I want this team to be loose and play like they have nothing to lose i.e. house money. Bevell can crank it up and Wilson is cleared to chuck it into higher risk areas of the field.

francois.nc

Reaction score
sutz":1zmaoomw said:
I don't see a big shift to 'play it safe' football. We'll play our normal game, which is generally good enough to handle anything any team can throw at us.

Except for the 5 Teams (6 Losses) that beat you this year, since the lowly Rams did it twice.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
francois.nc":170bmdr4 said:
sutz":170bmdr4 said:

Except for the 5 Teams (6 Losses) that beat you this year, since the lowly Rams did it twice.

Might wanna tone down the trolling in main forum. Take it to the smack shack, bud. We got a whole forum for the smack talk.

JustinCredible

Reaction score
The Seahawks will be underdogs in this game, and the following game if they win. I like that position a lot more than being the favorite. I think Seattle will be aggressive and play to win instead of playing not to lose.

Optimus25

Reaction score
francois.nc":2gnoeujk said:
sutz":2gnoeujk said:

Imagine the way that Atlanta said screw it, screw the season, we're GOING to beat these guys one time. Then they basically played you guys like it was the super bowl or their life depended on it.

That's the rams game every year, twice a year for us.

Don't forget too that we didn't have rawls or lynch the second go round and our offense had evolved into an aerial monster, only to play in heavy rain and occasional downpour.

sutz

Reaction score
francois.nc":2jksv7cy said:
sutz":2jksv7cy said:

....and your point proves what? That I was right and our system wins far more games than it loses? Yeah, it does. ;)

At least one of those losses came on a last minute unlucky breakdown in coverage, which has since been fixed. I'll let you guess which game I'm referring to. You want to talk big, but I can't feel a lot of fear about a team we have owned in the playoffs the last 10 years or so.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Not saying the will "play it safe, not to lose"from here on out but the opposite, just go all out and have no fear but play like they have nothing to lose within some context of who they are philosophically on offense.

Largent80

Reaction score
francois.nc":38frco64 said:
sutz":38frco64 said:

Who cares about the regular season. I guess for a Carolina fan, that's all you got.

253hawk

Reaction score
francois.nc":36zutgye said:
sutz":36zutgye said:

They're practically .500 every year in the NFC West. Not sure I'd call that 'lowly' since either SF, SEA or ARI always go to the playoffs. They have a ton of talent but can only seem to put it to use against good teams.

It felt like the divisional game against the Saints, except with cold instead of rain and no Lynch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
falcongoggles":23zt7d41 said:
Ice or no ice, what I saw today was early season, play it safe, lose in the 4th quarter football. I want this team to be loose and play like they have nothing to lose i.e. house money. Bevell can crank it up and Wilson is cleared to chuck it into higher risk areas of the field.

I'm 75% in agreement with you.

I thought we looked tentative on offense from the start............but I'm willing to give our offense a pass because of the conditions.

But if I see the same tentative Russell and playcalling not getting key 3rd downs on Sunday? Then I'm gonna be pissed off at Pete, Bevell and Russell for going back to their conservative "don't make mistakes, run the ball and let the defense win the game" mentality that cost us games earlier in the season.