This Seahawk season has been weird

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This has been a strange season....the Seahawks will have the worst regular season record since RW has taken over as the starting QB. RW's rookie year they were 11-5, 2nd year 13-3, and last season 12-4. This season the best they can be is 10-6. However, RW is having his best year statistically.

Vesuve

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3coe6e4p said:
This has been a strange season.....

I see it the same way.

This season as been weird / strange. A memorable kind of strange that we will perhaps want move on from.

AVL

Reaction score
Wilson's fowl weather play has regressed every year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AVL":2eppma3z said:
Yeah, him and the windy rainy days are not the combo I had hoped they would be.

evergreen

Reaction score
Still, one of those three fumbles get recovered by us and it's a different game...

mort

Reaction score
It's only been but a scant few games where I wasn't excited for how far we have to go... and still pull off a W. And the little streak we saw this year is just a preview of the next decade of awesome football we all get to be a part of. Come what may, it's an exciting time to be a hawks fan.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We've had a defense give up late leads in all but one of our losses. If just two of those were different, then it wouldn't be so strange.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
For me, this Seahawk season has been somewhat disappointing. I believe the team has underperformed in multitude of ways this year. Individually some of the players have had their best years, as a team they have the worst record they've had since RW took over as QB. The main reasons I'm disappointed are - they will finish either 3 or 5 games behind Arizona. There is no reason that should have happened. This team is too talented not to be vying for HFA or a division title. The division title race was over early this season. The Cards got from the get go. The biggest disappointment is the Seahawks have beaten only two teams over .500 this season. There's a little less passion, hunger, or motivation from the Seahawks. Maybe that's what happens when you play in the Superbowl two years straight. They have a great opportunity to redeem themselves in playoffs but as for the regular season their results have been disappointing. They've played poor at many stages during the season and yet they still have a chance to make it to Superbowl 50. This is what contributes to this season being weird, at least to me.

Terpdragon

Reaction score
I think Kam's holdout, the oline, and offseason surgury for key players are the main reasons for the issues this season. Carey Williams to a lesser extent too

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
AVL":3ai924f3 said:

I think you mean foul weather....

USATSI 6876256

As opposed to "fowl weather"?

maryland-duck-431x300.jpg

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1l4l8ih6 said:
This has been a strange season....the Seahawks will have the worst regular season record since RW has taken over as the starting QB. RW's rookie year they were 11-5, 2nd year 13-3, and last season 12-4. This season the best they can be is 10-6. However, RW is having his best year statistically.
With a super green O-Line, Russell Wilson is being sacked at a ridicules rate, the (help your Quarterback) Lynch & Rawls Running game has taken a huge hit, + the Defense seems to have dropped off a bunch.
One hand washes the other.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1l0wk2o3 said:
For me, this Seahawk season has been somewhat disappointing. I believe the team has underperformed in multitude of ways this year. Individually some of the players have had their best years, as a team they have the worst record they've had since RW took over as QB. The main reasons I'm disappointed are - they will finish either 3 or 5 games behind Arizona. There is no reason that should have happened. This team is too talented not to be vying for HFA or a division title. The division title race was over early this season. The Cards got from the get go. The biggest disappointment is the Seahawks have beaten only two teams over .500 this season. There's a little less passion, hunger, or motivation from the Seahawks. Maybe that's what happens when you play in the Superbowl two years straight. They have a great opportunity to redeem themselves in playoffs but as for the regular season their results have been disappointing. They've played poor at many stages during the season and yet they still have a chance to make it to Superbowl 50. This is what contributes to this season being weird, at least to me.
I repeat, No Marshawn Lynch, No Thomas Rawls, No Running Game.
That's been Pete Carroll's Meat & Potatoes.
I see a broken connection.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3cbqivlb said:
Even though,Russ is still 4/4 on winning seasons and making the play-offs. Good enough for me.
^ Yep ^ Playoffs Baby!

Crizilla

Reaction score
I will say this....and i havent seen anyone else mention this yet

but im proud of the way the team has responded to The Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned

A lot of people expected them not to make the dance. Being 2-4 then 4-5, for them to make a run and make the playoffs makes me proud. I'm thankful.

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Great thread

Not sure if it is high expectations or if team is not hungry.

Last year was first back to back to back playoff run

This year is back to back to back to back.

Have won at least one playoff game everytime RW was QB

We as fans are hopefully in the early stages of a long time run of success

This year Seahawks have finally gone over 500 in terms of franchise wins and losses.

Long time Hawk fans understand, bandwagon or recent convert fans have no clue what 1992 was like.

Watching Tom Flores tear up giving game ball to Pete Gross Nov 30, 1992 after beating Denver on MNF three days before Gross died gives me goose bumps.

Not sure there are many here who can say that.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Personally, the frustration comes from knowing if we play to our potential/strengths we should win damn near every game. Not all teams can say that. The expectations are high with these guys.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":ptkke241 said:
Personally, the frustration comes from knowing if we play to our potential/strengths we should win damn near every game. Not all teams can say that. The expectations are high with these guys.

Good post. I agree with this. I expect more from a team that's been to the past 2 SB. I've followed the Seahawks since 1977 and seeing them through the lean years doesn't change the fact they are a better team now but still frustrating to watch at times. They were 5-3 at home. They haven't been that bad at home since TJ was the QB of the team. That Rams game was a disgusting display of effort. They played like they didn't care and it showed. The fact that Donald ran wild on them, without Quinn, is no excuse. They should have known how Donald is by now...it's not like its the first time they have faced him. They were ill-prepared and unmotivated to win. Bottom line.