Seahawks Sign Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB to practice Squad

McGruff

Reaction score
SJB looked the part leading up to the draft. Fits the profile, I wonder if other teams trying to copy our profile don't know how to properly coach these kinds of players.

I like it. A Lot.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Another long armed big CB/DB to add to the pile going forward. i was interested in seeing the hawks add this player in his draft year but he was picked far earlier than I expected. This is a nice addition.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Even better that he came from the Saints. Relatively low acumen in evaluating defensive talent, they have.

...Star Wars week.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect SJB was picked quite a bit earlier in the draft than he should have been. However he's here now and has the physical ability to be a fit as Seahawks CB/DB. Training him to recognize play in front of him should occur if he learns the hawks scheme.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Nice!!

I was actually surprised we didn't do this back when the Saints cut him.

We also still have Seisay in the mix and if Simon can ever stop breaking.. another big corner.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Wow this was a guy I really wanted them to grab if they had the chance. This could be a huge get, whole offseason of Seahawk CB coaching for this guy could be great.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Nice! Hope he turns out to be a gem. Too bad Simon keeps hurting.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
As the resident Nebraska fan this is awesome. I think very very highly of SJB, in comparison to Seisay who was essentially a backup (and a bad one to boot). If Stanley Jean "The Interception Machine" has the mind/heart he will be a great pickup. Very talented.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Wonder if this guy could be converted to strong safety. Something about the way he moves, plays, and hits reminds me of Kam.

-bsd

northseahawk

Reaction score
Wow!! I wanted this guy in the draft so badly. I think our coaches will do wonders with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it here for good.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Did we draft Burley?

Just curious if we've had success (aside from Browner) with anyone that PC/JS didn't draft.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Pretty sure Burley came from Colts. SJB by far the most talented CB the Hawks have brought in though as long as I've been following them.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Laloosh":3hph47pr said:
Did we draft Burley?

Just curious if we've had success (aside from Browner) with anyone that PC/JS didn't draft.

Traded a late round pick for him because they didn't think he'd drop in waivers to them.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Really thought the Hawks were going to find a way to draft this guy. I think Pete and Kris can coach him up to fit our Defense. I like the potential.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
The guy looks too heavy to be a shifty, quick and agile corner. 6ft3, 218 lbs? I wish he was about 10-18 lbs lighter.
In comparison, Sherman is 6ft3 195 lbs. Sherman is long and rangy, but he is not fast.
This guy seems to carry some 25 more lbs than Sherman.
Small shifty WRs will destroy him. Think Edelman, Amendola, ... It will be a challenge to get him right.
Here is a link about him.
I really don't see him playing much this year.
arghawkfan":28vdfm2w said:
Former 2nd round pick of the Saints, 6'3 218, drew comparisons to Richard Sherman in the Draft, maybe another JS gem
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/936 ... n-baptiste