WOW Just WOW

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
There is an article about the 10 worst Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Guess who is number 9. Thats right our own Russell Wilson. I will not post link since I do not want such things to get any clicks (mine was more than enough). Either obvious click bait or someone is verrry special needs.

drdiags

Reaction score
As long as Big Ben was at #1 for his XL performance, I got nothing. Though I vaguely remember that Colts/Cowboys putrid Superbowl.

themunn

Reaction score
Inspired me to look up some superbowl records

Wilson has the second highest career passer rating in the superbowl (over 40 attempts), second only to Montana.

Discovered that Kurt Warner has the THREE highest single-game yardage totals. Man was he fun to watch as a player or what.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
themunn":pjndoal5 said:

Wilson has the second highest career passer rating in the superbowl (over 40 attempts), second only to Montana.

Discovered that Kurt Warner has the THREE highest single-game yardage totals. Man was he fun to watch as a player or what.

once again shows why yards are an absolute meaningless stat since he was 1-2 and a few yards away from maybe 0-3 had they been able to tie it and win in OT

Wilson did exactly what he needed to do in the first half...if you look at the drive charts what more could the offense do in the first half?

First drive (Starting 14:43)
Started at own 36 after the safety. After a lynch run and harvin endaround got to the denver 31. Wilson hit kearse on 3rd and 9 for 12 yards. On 3rd and 6 he gets screwed with a run. I thought he got the first down..no idea how they didnt rule that a first down

He had 2 runs for 10 yards and was 2/3 18 yards. Offense drained 4:27 off clock and got a FG although I think they got screwed on Wilsons run. Had they correctly called that a first down they have a chance at a TD

Second Drive (Starting 8:31)
Wilson hits tate 3rd and 7 for first down. Hits Baldwin for 6 for another 3rd down conversion. Converts ANOTHER 3rd and 5 to Baldwin for 37 yards. Then our offense gets a holding call which takes us from the 8 to the 16 yard line. Obv kills any shot we have and we have to kick a FG.

Wilson was 5/9 64 yards and came up with 3 huge 3rd down conversions. Offense drained 6:15 off clock

So after our first 2 drives we came up with only 6 points but its not Wilsons fault. They screwed us on his 3rd down run and then holding 2nd drive. They did however drain 10 minutes 42 seconds off the clock keeping Manning on the sideline which is HUGE for this defense

3rd drive (Starting at .59 in the 1st)
Kam came up huge with an INT on the third play of Denvers drive. Wilson converts a 3rd down on a DPI in the endzone and then Lynch scores it up.

Wilson was 2/2 12 yards with a third pass being DPI. Offense again chewed up basically another 4 min TOP

At this point.....with 12 minutes to go til halftime

Wilson was 9/14 64% 94 yards 0TD 0INT with 10 yards rushing with 5 3rd down conversions and lead the offense to 13 points and drained 14 minutes 42 seconds off the clock out of a possible 18 min.

After this point the offense didnt even get the ball until 10:38 into the third when the score was 29-0. They got the ball before half but just ran out the clock and then Harvin ran a TD back.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2xuvvhv3 said:
There is an article about the 10 worst Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Guess who is number 9. Thats right our own Russell Wilson. I will not post link since I do not want such things to get any clicks (mine was more than enough). Either obvious click bait or someone is verrry special needs.

Oh there's an article all right, but I am not going to share it with you guys!

Basis4day

Reaction score
Is it actually an article from an established sports media... or is it a blog post from some generic Bleacher Report clone written by a highschooler that only plays Madden?

There is a great deal of difference between something from CBS or ESPN and something found while googling "Russell Wilson" and going to page four of the results.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Basis4day":3iadz8ci said:
Is it actually an article from an established sports media... or is it a blog post from some generic Bleacher Report clone written by a highschooler that only plays Madden?

There is a great deal of difference between something from CBS or ESPN and something found while googling "Russell Wilson" and going to page four of the results.

Your last sentence is no longer true.

themunn

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3pml7fq5 said:
themunn":3pml7fq5 said:

once again shows why yards are an absolute meaningless stat since he was 1-2 and a few yards away from maybe 0-3 had they been able to tie it and win in OT

Didn't say it was an important stat - sure is fun to watch though!

With that said - if you're going to grumble about the few yards he was away from being 0-3, you've got to give him credit for coming back from behind in 4th quarter of his two losses, only for the defense to allow the Pats and Steelers to take the lead with <2 minutes to go.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
themunn":acexdk7z said:
WilsonMVP":acexdk7z said:
themunn":acexdk7z said:

Didn't say it was an important stat - sure is fun to watch though!

With that said - if you're going to grumble about the few yards he was away from being 0-3, you've got to give him credit for coming back from behind in 4th quarter of his two losses, only for the defense to allow the Pats and Steelers to take the lead with <2 minutes to go.

This.

Which is why W/L is a meaningless stat for a QB.

Kurt was near perfect in his first superbowl with the Rams and his superbowl with the Cardinals. Could've played better against the Patriots....that pick 6 to Ty Law will haunt me forever