Announcer During Vikings Game Burns Teddy

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
First of all let me start off by saying I really liked the backup Fox announcers (Kevin Burkhardt & John Lynch) who replaced Joe Buck and Troy Aikman during Sunday's Fox broadcast against the Vikings... I'll even let them slide on getting Cassius Marsh's first name wrong...the entire game. I hope they continue to be on theSeahawks Fox call, although I don't see that happening.

I think it was John Lynch who dropped this Gem about Teddy Bridgewater after he threw the pick to Earl Thomas...

"First of all the high ball... Teddy Bridgewater does have a fundamental flaw in the way he throws the football. When Teddy throws the football his elbow drops down, that causes the ball to sail..."

Damn that's brutal John! What a Burn on Teddy! I like it... [emoji28]

Translation: 'Basically Teddy....You suck at the 1 thing you are paid to do. Throwing the football. Your ability to do that has a fundamental flaw.' [emoji23]

I hope they keep these announcers. I like them. Hopefully next time they can get Cassius Marsh's name correct tho.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Seafan":ghle0jrg said:
That announcing team was excellent. My favorite so far this season.

I kept wondering who was out for the Vikings D as they never really explained what was happening.

Smellyman

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3kj7pz2z said:
Seafan":3kj7pz2z said:
That announcing team was excellent. My favorite so far this season.

I kept wondering who was out for the Vikings D as they never really explained what was happening.

I think they had 3 starters out on D? Might have been 9

Anthony Barr might be the greatest defensive player of all time. The Brett Favre of D.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Yeah, I did wonder the same. There was one defender out from the start, then two (three?) more dropped out but 1 returned. There was a brief sideline reporter explanation at one point but nothing more.

Mick063

Reaction score
You didn't hear them drone on about the absence of Jimmie Graham and Marshawn Lynch due to injury.

You did hear them talk about TE Luke Willson and RB Thomas Rawls being very capable replacements.

Not one word about the capable replacements for the Vikings injured players. The Vikings had one hand tied behind their back, but Seattle didn't. That is the message they delivered. The truth is that the Vikings were destined for failure because they have no depth.

Seattle defensive linemen are held more than any other I have seen, all season long, but every week, we hear of some bad call favoring an opponent, being a difference maker.

This announcing team fell in line like every other announcement team.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
I went back and checked. I have liked every single announcing team when the Seahawks win by 31 points.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":1qevxuto said:
I went back and checked. I have liked every single announcing team when the Seahawks win by 31 points.

This has so much to do with it, it's not even funny. I bet everyone who signed the Buck/Aikman petition liked them just fine on February 2, 2014.

kearly

Reaction score
Burkhardt is under-rated, I agree.

Lynch was a class act as an NFL player, and he is probably the smartest NFL player turned color commentator.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1cr2vt91 said:
Silver Hawk":1cr2vt91 said:

This has so much to do with it, it's not even funny. I bet everyone who signed the Buck/Aikman petition liked them just fine on February 2, 2014.

Nah... listen to Buck call that Percy Harvin TD return. Pretty sure he was still thinking about the half time show. I did not/would not sign a petition to have them removed, but Buck is the WORST...

...Right behind Phil Simms.

253hawk

Reaction score
Buck was Gus Johnson-esque during Kearse's spin-o-rama TD, though.

Burkhardt is fine, but Lynch calling Cassius Marsh 'Curtis Marsh' and then 'Curtis Martin' all within a span of about 10 seconds really drove the point home that this was FOX's B-team. And then there was Pam to put an emphatical stamp on it...

CVkC9-kUYAEfCmy.jpg

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Eh, all announcers make those kinds of statements about many quarterbacks. It's not really a horrible insult; it's just an observation about throwing style. They'll oooh and aaah over quick release guys and rant about how great they are at passing, but everyone else they'll point out flaws in technique as soon as they're given a reason to.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3mamya23 said:
Silver Hawk":3mamya23 said:

They weren't announcing the Super Bowl... Were they?

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":e55522o0 said:
Eh, all announcers make those kinds of statements about many quarterbacks. It's not really a horrible insult; it's just an observation about throwing style. They'll oooh and aaah over quick release guys and rant about how great they are at passing, but everyone else they'll point out flaws in technique as soon as they're given a reason to.

They literally said he has a fundamental flaw in his throwing ability. That's like saying a race car driver has a fundamental flaw in his driving ability... The 1 thing he is paid to do. LMAOO

Rob12

Reaction score
Teddy is a good young QB with a LONG way to go. I think he'll be alright.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Teddy needs to do some squats. That's a frail frame that needs some bulk to survive the hits.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
FreshlySnipes":7403jk67 said:
Seahawk Sailor":7403jk67 said:

They literally said he has a fundamental flaw in his throwing ability. That's like saying a race car driver has a fundamental flaw in his driving ability... The 1 thing he is paid to do. LMAOO

I know. They routinely say that about most of the lower-tier quarterbacks. And usually that one flaw is the difference between being a guy like Teddy and a solid quarterback.

canfan

Reaction score
kearly":wi88ylm7 said:
Burkhardt is under-rated, I agree.

Lynch was a class act as an NFL player, and he is probably the smartest NFL player turned color commentator.

True, but that seems like a pretty low bar some Sundays!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":1b830vvm said:
First of all let me start off by saying I really liked the backup Fox announcers (Kevin Burkhardt & John Lynch) who replaced Joe Buck and Troy Aikman during Sunday's Fox broadcast against the Vikings.

Thats.... not how it works.

Buck/Aikman are the A-Team. The national game of the week was Panthers-Saints.

Burkhardt/Lynch are the B-Team, so they get the second biggest game of the week.. typically its on in the earlier time slot. Last weekend it was Seahawks-Vikings.

So basically they didn't replace Aikman/Buck.. we weren't the national game of the week. Most of the country saw us in the earlier slate, but the entire country outside of the Pats and Eagles markets saw Panthers-Saints.. thus it was their "national" game and got Buck.

FreshlySnipes":1b830vvm said:
Seanhawk":1b830vvm said:
Silver Hawk":1b830vvm said:

They weren't announcing the Super Bowl... Were they?

Yes they were. They are FOX's top team. FOX aired the Super Bowl that particular year