All 22 @DAL (red zone drives)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Seattle only had two drives that ended inside of the red zone against Dallas. Here are the numbers on those two drives.

UiChUPz

I'll be showing only plays that occurred inside of the red zone.

1st Drive
Q1 10:20 - 1st and 10: 3 WR, 1 TE, single back.
FhPRBnN

DE plays the option well. Doesn't crash down but doesn't play so wide that he can't help on the cutback. Respectable 4yrd gain for Seattle.

Q1 09:41 - 2nd and 6: 2 WR, 1 TE, split back.
WrI23Ji

An example of something Scotte mentioned in another thread; Seattle running into 8 and 9 man boxes. Dallas has loaded the box and is anticipating run (or trying to force the pass). I'm not well versed in the rules for the ZBS but shouldn't Sweezy be helping Gilliam before moving on to the 2nd level here? Saw this happen a few times where the guard on the back side tries to combo block the DT covering the center. Maybe someone can help out here?

Anyway, if this is a true option, Wilson should/could have kept it or audibled to a pass.

Q1 08:59 - 3rd and 5: 3 WR, 1 TE, single back
MC725j8

I think this is just well defended by Dallas. There's a small window where Lockett might have been able to get the first if the ball is out right away but the OLB (Lee #50) is all over it. Might have gotten Tyler creamed.

BTW - we've seen Doug score a TD in the Super Bowl on a route like he ran there.

2nd Drive
Q4 03:17 - 1st and 10: I formation, 2 WR, 1 TE
QBDhH09

Well blocked for the most part. Defense over pursues but Britt misses a block on Lee. Nice pick up though.

Q4 03:10 - 2nd and 4: 2 TE, 2 WR, single back
HhBDIKn

Nowak and Gilliam both get pushed into the backfield. Lynch tries to stretch it (can't cut back and nothing up field). Lets himself be pushed out of bounds.

Q4 03:01 - 3rd and 7: 3 WR, 1 TE, single back
KtEreWN

Looked like a ball to Doug in the corner might have been a TD but at this point we're just trying to run the clock and get at least three points. Russ doesn't risk the throw and converts the 3rd down on a scramble.

Q4 02:12 - 1st and Goal: I formation, 2 TE, 1 WR
7M7fkAY

Tukuafu misses his block and Lynch makes the mistake of trying to bounce it outside. If Tukuafu kicks his defender outside, Willson picks up Lee and Lynch might have been in the end zone. Instead Lynch is run out of bounds again and Willson is injured on the play.

Q4 02:07 - 2nd and Goal: 2 WR, 2 TE, single back
EtxOpcZ

Sweezy can't / doesn't get off of his combo block quick enough to pick up the LB he's supposed to block. Lynch tries to cut it back but Graham and Willson do their best to block 1 DT but can't handle a LB and CB as well. Lynch is tackled for a loss (at least it's in bounds this time).

Last play of the drive (apparently just to kill some clock w/out losing yards):
YRDcoCS

Scottemojo

Reaction score
That 2nd play was DOA. I love two back sets, but with 5 linemen vs 8 defenders, and Dallas not having to worry about Tukuafu being any kind of pass catcher, ever, that play was crap and begged for a check with me audible.