Bruce Irvin PT2

leto69

Reaction score
Continues to play it safe saving his body for his off season contract with Atlanta. This week he was tied in tackles with Chris Mathews and BJ Daniels with 1 Tackle! By the way both players are WR incase you didn't realize it.

Its time to BENCH the Bruce.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Damn. This board is descending into the pit of hell.

Literally over half the time i can't tell if people are serious.

Never mind his coverage, pressures, or containment, right?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Not all about the tackle column but I think It's time to see some of his snaps shared between Clark and Pierre-Louis for sure. See what we got next year.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Wth are you talking about?

Ignore the stat column and watch his film. He's done an excellent job containing the edge and in coverage. I feel like this is his best season yet

DeletedAccount

Reaction score
Irvin's abilities are off the charts! It's obvious the dude don't like contact, though. At the linebacker position that's a pretty limiting mentality.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Meh, he goes a bit far when he says to bench him, and tackle stats are irrelevant, but I've seen worse posts. Bruce is solid, but I'm wondering whether he'll ever reach his true potential. I thought he was as boom or bust as you could get, I was wrong.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":31as8ru1 said:
Seanhawk":31as8ru1 said:
At some point, attacking the poster needs to be allowed. I mean you can call this post stupid, idiotic, moronic, etc., but we all know what we mean.

Meh, he goes a bit far when he says to bench him, and tackle stats are irrelevant, but I've seen worse posts. Bruce is solid, but I'm wondering whether he'll ever reach his true potential. I thought he was as boom or bust as you could get, I was wrong.

Saying he's saving his body for his contract with Atlanta? That's not only mindless speculation, but not playing 100% will directly impact the size of that contract.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Yes, the alleged logic supporting the premise is poor.

If someone was optimizing their play for the "big contract", they would do more in their final season under their current contract to drive the value up. Supposedly intentionally playing less well is counter to the idea that Irvin wants to make more money.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3m5ug9hf said:
Wth are you talking about?

Ignore the stat column and watch his film. He's done an excellent job containing the edge and in coverage. I feel like this is his best season yet

100 percent correct. The OP doesn't understand football very well apparently.

(You know who actually covered Vernon Davis the best yesterday when asked to?.......that Irvin guy that you think should be benched)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Disagree with the OP all you want, but even veiled attacks of the poster won't be allowed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Didn't Bruce have a sack last week?

He's actually played pretty well this year.........and last night Simms even spotlighted him a couple times on some really nice coverage downfield that resulted in incompletions and sacks for other guys.

edogg23

Reaction score
If you concentrate on Irving I think you will see a lot of plays where he pulls up and jogs the minute he thinks he is out of the play. While this is understandable, its not ideal for a team where you are suppose to swarm to the ball.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Can't tell if serious.

Bruce is having a very good season. One of pff's higher rated olbs.

chawx

Reaction score
It looks like Irvin is doing exactly what he's asked to do. If you're expecting him to forget about his assignment and just run wildly at the ball and do more than he's asked, then, I guess you also want to see more wide open TEs down the seams... yeah, come on bruce, step it up. pfft