The 'Hawks, the whole 'Hawks, and nothing but the 'Hawks

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
There is a fine line between the best and the worst teams in the NFL. The teams that execute the best from the front office down to the long snapper win the games.

The FO made the choice to go with a "project" offensive line. They flash, and maybe they reach the point we need them to reach…but right now they are not executing at the level they need to. Our FO/ coaching decisions put us in this position.

The offensive play-calling has always been suspect, but this year we don't have the margin of error that we've had in the past and it's biting us more often. We don't seem to be tailoring our passing offense around our ability/ inability to execute. We also don't know how to play-call for the situation. It was abysmal today.

Our players on both sides of the ball are failing to execute at the level we need them to in order to overcome the above. We have to be better in pass coverage of the TE. I doubt Kam was as prepared for Eifert today as he is every time he faces Vernon Davis. That lack of focus killed him today.

Penalties are the achilles heal that is being drowned out by other deficiencies. Bennett's dumb ass [possibly] cost us 4 points today. That's irresponsible and again, we aren't allowing ourselves the margin of error it takes to overcome this BS. That was a 50-yd penalty. We got a FG out of it, but we very well could have had a TD. There were obviously other costly penalties, and I guess my point is that we just aren't playing at the same level all around to overcome them as easily.

Russell has to pull the trigger. He knows he isn't getting 3 seconds to throw the ball, so why keep the ball past two reads before bailing? And why bail backwards? If he allowed himself to be an RB in that situation, he would certainly prefer to juke and move behind his tackles and let them determine the direction to go. No less than three times today I noticed him bail back instead of forward when he had a running lane ahead of him. I'm not sure what gives here, what his thinking is. It doesn't look instinctual, it looks like he's trained himself or convinced himself that he's better going back.

The offensive unit is a bad unit right now. Without Rawls, they are lower 1/3 in the league. Just sustain a short drive when you need to. Just a couple of first downs. Leave it all on the field. Show some damn pride!

The defense got very little rest in the 4Q because the offense was so bad. They got tired and once Dalton got his rhythm back, they rolled.

We can't expect these guys to win just because they're the Seahawks. And just like when we are winning games like this- and it's a great team effort- we lose because of the shortcomings of our team.

That's all I got.

Latest posts