LOB, Kam Step Aside

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Because the Seahawks just might have potentially one of the best, most versatile, and most disruptive Defensive Front 7s in the NFL from top to bottom of the depth chart.

RDE: Bennett, Clark
3T: Rubin, Hill
1T: Mebane, McGill
LDE: Avril, Marsh

Whoever they decide to keep out of:
Dobbs
King
Warmsley
Monstar

All have looked solid.

SLB: Irvin, Morgan and/or Pinkins
MLB: Wagner, Croyle
WLB: Wright, Pierre-Louis

Losing Ken Norton seemed like a huge loss at the time but Barrows and Tatupu have all of these guys smartly prepped and rockin like starters.

If any season is the time for the secondary to lose a step or its dominant luster, im glad its this season cause the Front 7 and its depth are beastin' it up.

Exittium

Reaction score
whatever was going on in the 1st qtr with our "starters" for that qtr for this game.. I felt and looked like Hawks Football.. i was more than impressed.

Edit: Clark isn't human.. He's so damn beastly.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think the pass rush is going to be ridiculous, but still slightly worried about teams that run straight at us. Rubin plays high and Hill is much more of a pass rusher. Luckily, there aren't many teams that even try to do that anymore. Unluckily, I think two of the few are in our division.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Tical21":391v0gf1 said:
I think the pass rush is going to be ridiculous, but still slightly worried about teams that run straight at us. Rubin plays high and Hill is much more of a pass rusher. Luckily, there aren't many teams that even try to do that anymore. Unluckily, I think two of the few are in our division.

McDaniel was 6'7, he kind of played high too and it wasnt a problem for the most part. But I get your point.

Come to think of it 6'6 Alan Branch kind of played high too.

Maybe Mebane being the only constant just plays low, compact, and stout and makes everyone look taller.

I know for a fact though that Browner and Thurmond definately played too high.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tical21":2dl39800 said:
Well one of them sure isn't Arizona. I do worry about St Louis a bit if Gurley isn't rushed. Thank God Foles sucks.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I love the way the DL is shaping up but I don't think I could ever get behind the title, PH. Sorry, I still love that dude.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I'm not sure if most people realize how good Frank Clark really is because he is mostly playing against #2's. I remember a rookie a few years ago that we finally had to let go because we needed a roster spot named Michael Bennett, he had a great pre-season but Clark has been way better. I have never seen a rookie step in like this guy. He is going to be something special! At this point I think our 2 rookies in Clark and Lockett have overshadowed all the other rookies, we usually miss in the early rounds but they hit the lottery this year.

How often do see a pre-season game where a rookie is sat down during the 1st quarter? They didn't even have Lockett return a kick today! They traded a lot for the Lockett pick, good job Schneider!!!!!!!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":29m1w85q said:
Because the Seahawks just might have potentially one of the best, most versatile, and most disruptive Defensive Front 7s in the NFL from top to bottom of the depth chart.

RDE: Bennett, Clark
3T: Rubin, Hill
1T: Mebane, McGill
LDE: Avril, Marsh

Whoever they decide to keep out of:
Dobbs
King
Warmsley
Monstar

All have looked solid.

Fully agree on the topic. The front 7 is deep as it is talented and Clark could push for DROY.

A question about the depth chart. Hasn't Jordan Hill been playing primarily at 1 tech when playing in the base defense? I can't recall him playing at 3-tech outside of sliding over in nickel packages.

If so that makes it even harder to predict. I don't really trust Hill taking over for Mebane as much as I do McGill (who I think probably win the spot). If Rubin is a guy the team feels can play Mebane's spot as a backup, though, it opens the door for Jesse Williams to backup the 3-tech in that case.

Dobbs is another player I really like, but ultimately I don't think makes the cut.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
We could very well have the best Front Seven in Football right now. Even though our Secondary is definitely and by far the best in Football. Making our defense the best the league has seen in many, many years. How could people not be excited for this year? At best we could cruise through everyone and get our second Lombardi and at worst we play a bit worse than expected and still make the play-offs at something like 10-6 or 11-5.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2ybhpcdn said:
We could very well have the best Front Seven in Football right now. Even though our Secondary is definitely and by far the best in Football. Making our defense the best the league has seen in many, many years. How could people not be excited for this year? At best we could cruise through everyone and get our second Lombardi and at worst we play a bit worse than expected and still make the play-offs at something like 10-6 or 11-5.

I can only imagine what this defense will look like in its final form. To go from the banged up, rag tag unit we ended XLIX with to this, is just jaw dropping. Now if we could just get Chancellor back... Game over! :th2thumbs:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Especially the Seahawk run defense led by Frank Clark. WOW! The Raiders had, I believe, negative rushing yards for most of the first half. They are much improved along the DL. The DL depth has improved because there is very little gap between the starters and backups (as far as play is concerned). McGill, Hill, Williams, Marsh, King, and Dobbs all looked good. The best defense in the NFL seems to have gotten even better.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The book on how to attack seattle is to go the Brady/Rivers dink and dunk all game long. Get the ball out in the flats or check downs all day long. Not alot of teams can do that. but that was how you had to attack our secondary, even more so now with our pass rush.....

dink dunk dink dunk dink dunk... get ready for alot of that this year.

marko358

Reaction score
gowazzu02":38ybgbdm said:
The book on how to attack seattle is to go the Brady/Rivers dink and dunk all game long. Get the ball out in the flats or check downs all day long. Not alot of teams can do that. but that was how you had to attack our secondary, even more so now with our pass rush.....

You'll need a pretty darn good OL to be able to execute that for 4 quarters.

Laloosh

Reaction score
gowazzu02":13wy1ldt said:

Yeah, most teams can't string together a 15 play drive to do that though as you mention. Most QBs will make a mistake or someone misses a block and the drive is killed.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Laloosh":2qka6kk6 said:
gowazzu02":2qka6kk6 said:

Yeah, most teams can't string together a 15 play drive to do that though as you mention. Most QBs will make a mistake or someone misses a block and the drive is killed.
Yep or players get injured by our defense, concussion, etc, and ethical teams take them out for their own protection.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
peppersjap":2e58tofs said:
I'm not sure if most people realize how good Frank Clark really is because he is mostly playing against #2's. I remember a rookie a few years ago that we finally had to let go because we needed a roster spot named Michael Bennett, he had a great pre-season but Clark has been way better. I have never seen a rookie step in like this guy. He is going to be something special! At this point I think our 2 rookies in Clark and Lockett have overshadowed all the other rookies, we usually miss in the early rounds but they hit the lottery this year.

How often do see a pre-season game where a rookie is sat down during the 1st quarter? They didn't even have Lockett return a kick today! They traded a lot for the Lockett pick, good job Schneider!!!!!!!

He also made that terrific sliding catch (on a bad throw from the backup QB), kind of reminded me of P-Rich, who had a knack from coming down with good solid plays. I'm liking what I'm seeing from Lockett, I just hope P-Rich can make it back and be a factor this year. If that happens I think we'll have a pretty dynamic WR group.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":118oepgs said:
if they don't keep jesse williams i will lose my shit

I got really emotional when he took a knee at the end of the game last night. It was almost like he knew this might be the last time he plays on that field, in a Hawks uniform. :cry: