LOB, Kam Step Aside

ivotuk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2a4o9rmo said:
Tical21":2a4o9rmo said:
I think the pass rush is going to be ridiculous, but still slightly worried about teams that run straight at us. Rubin plays high and Hill is much more of a pass rusher. Luckily, there aren't many teams that even try to do that anymore. Unluckily, I think two of the few are in our division.

McDaniel was 6'7, he kind of played high too and it wasnt a problem for the most part. But I get your point.

Come to think of it 6'6 Alan Branch kind of played high too.

Maybe Mebane being the only constant just plays low, compact, and stout and makes everyone look taller.

I know for a fact though that Browner and Thurmond definately played too high.

LOL! I see what you did there :lol:

StoneCold

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":m5evk5sv said:
TheRealDTM":m5evk5sv said:
if they don't keep jesse williams i will lose my shit
I hate to day it, but he may just not be good enough.

Perhaps I could use Williams to block your avatar?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":1xf44oz1 said:
I'm not sure if most people realize how good Frank Clark really is because he is mostly playing against #2's. I remember a rookie a few years ago that we finally had to let go because we needed a roster spot named Michael Bennett, he had a great pre-season but Clark has been way better. I have never seen a rookie step in like this guy. He is going to be something special! At this point I think our 2 rookies in Clark and Lockett have overshadowed all the other rookies, we usually miss in the early rounds but they hit the lottery this year.

How often do see a pre-season game where a rookie is sat down during the 1st quarter? They didn't even have Lockett return a kick today! They traded a lot for the Lockett pick, good job Schneider!!!!!!!

Good post!

These two draft picks Clark and Lockett have exceeded everyone's wildest expectations so far in preseason play. Of course things will be tougher for them when the bullets are flying for real but both of them have shown very little reason if any at all that they won't continue to play at a high level. Mike B has been eating everyone's lunch when he's played too fact that indicates his surrounding cast is doing their jobs well allowing him fewer double teams.

It is import for us all to remember that numbskull Ruskell waived Mike B to keep a second kicker on the roster. It's no wonder the team went from 1st to last in the division with him making the personnel moves. Pete at least played Clark quite a bit to allow them to see what he could do whereas Holmgren didn't like playing rookies much and especially didn't like playing many UDFA types like Mike B was then.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1qu07o7v said:
Tical21":1qu07o7v said:
I think the pass rush is going to be ridiculous, but still slightly worried about teams that run straight at us. Rubin plays high and Hill is much more of a pass rusher. Luckily, there aren't many teams that even try to do that anymore. Unluckily, I think two of the few are in our division.

McDaniel was 6'7, he kind of played high too and it wasnt a problem for the most part. But I get your point.

Come to think of it 6'6 Alan Branch kind of played high too.

Maybe Mebane being the only constant just plays low, compact, and stout and makes everyone look taller.

I know for a fact though that Browner and Thurmond definately played too high.

I see what you did there! :pimp:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":cc9dql4k said:
Laloosh":cc9dql4k said:
gowazzu02":cc9dql4k said:
The book on how to attack seattle is to go the Brady/Rivers dink and dunk all game long. Get the ball out in the flats or check downs all day long. Not alot of teams can do that. but that was how you had to attack our secondary, even more so now with our pass rush.....

dink dunk dink dunk dink dunk... get ready for alot of that this year.

Yeah, most teams can't string together a 15 play drive to do that though as you mention. Most QBs will make a mistake or someone misses a block and the drive is killed.
Yep or players get injured by our defense, concussion, etc, and ethical teams take them out for their own protection.
Or opposing players (especially qbs) get "injured".

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think by the 2nd half of the season, after Clark seasons for another two months, he's going to start in place of Avril in the first half of games.

Letting Avril come off the bench fresh in passing downs and start the 2nd half and just annihilate tired RTs that Clark abused and has been striking fear in the first half.

If that happens, rookie DPOY wouldnt be out of the question.

seahawks08

Reaction score
The 2 things I noticed from Preseason on defense is over pursuit and goal line defense. We were just pass rushing all the time, that the QB just waited, timed it and threw at open spaces. The WR's for Oakland also tried changing directions after catch and was successful to a larger extent. The goal line defense also needs some coaching from stuffing the 1 yard touch downs scenarios. I know its only preseason, but clearly these are more coachable and scheming rather than lack of talent. I am guessing teams are going to game plan on short passes and direction change after catch to keep gaining yards, since we focus on taking away over the top throws.

On offense, timing, crisp route running and accuracy of throws. OL gelling can help with timing and accuracy for RW. Route running will come as players get more experience.