Updated Seahawks Depth Chart (August 20)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/634404787107328000[/urltargetblank]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/634404787107328000[/tweet]

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CwPeKLC

I wonder if this was made before the first preseason game . . . Britt at RT, Gilliam at backup LT, Bailey at LG, Nowak at backup center, Poole behind Davis, etc.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kevin Norwood isn't even on the depth chart at this point. Wow.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":22w1408h said:

Some people owe Em (Czar of the playbook) an apology for getting on his case when he predicted this.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1erblk1f said:

I think it means he was fifth string going into that first preseason game, which makes sense. Also, Rashaun Allen (also probably fifth string) is not listed.

A lot has already changed since last week. I am pretty sure T.Y. McGill, for example, would be ahead of David King and probably also D'Anthony Smith based on their relative performances in that first game.

Ronald Martin has reportedly overtaken Steven Terrell at FS.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":dey97dmf said:
Hasselbeck":dey97dmf said:

I think it means he was fifth string going into that first preseason game, which makes sense. Also, Rashaun Allen (also probably fifth string) is not listed.

A lot has already changed since last week. I am pretty sure T.Y. McGill, for example, would be ahead of David King and probably also D'Anthony Smith.

I'm sure it changes everyday, but this was just posted by the official website today (via twitter). This is the preseason though, and anyone on the roster can earn a move up or down the depth chart. I just find it interesting to note some who the official site chose to leave off.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":1f15wh3q said:
hawknation2015":1f15wh3q said:
Hasselbeck":1f15wh3q said:

A lot has already changed since last week. I am pretty sure T.Y. McGill, for example, would be ahead of David King and probably also D'Anthony Smith.

I'm sure it changes everyday, but this was just posted by the official website today (via twitter). This is the preseason though, and anyone on the roster can earn a move up or down the depth chart. I just find it interesting to note some who the official site chose to leave off.

In some cases, it is just bizarre . . . like with T.Y. McGill, whose play in the first game was praised by Carroll without him being prompted by a question.

And then there is the fact that Ronald Martin has been running with the first team every day in practice this week, but somehow is listed behind both Steven Terrell and Ryan Murphy (LOL), who has not practiced in weeks.

Also, no way Jesse Davis is actually still ahead of Terry Poole after that first game.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1vgi7muk said:
What? Should of let Cmatt start, dudes a stud

You mean the Chris Matthews, the WR who injured his shoulder and will be out for 10 days? That CMatt?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1rz6aqyx said:
kidhawk":1rz6aqyx said:
hawknation2015":1rz6aqyx said:
Hasselbeck":1rz6aqyx said:

In some cases, it is just bizarre . . . like with T.Y. McGill, whose play in the first game was praised by Carroll without him being prompted by a question.

And then there is the fact that Ronald Martin has been running with the first team every day in practice this week, but somehow is listed behind both Steven Terrell and Ryan Murphy (LOL), who has not practiced in weeks.

Also, no way Jesse Davis is actually still ahead of Terry Poole after that first game.

I think it's the bizarre stuff (or as I like to call it, the oddities) are what make the listed depth chart in pre season interesting.

RussB

Reaction score
kidhawk":2lg1taty said:
2Cool4School":2lg1taty said:

You mean the Chris Matthews, the WR who injured his shoulder and will be out for 10 days? That CMatt?
yeah that dude, pretty sure hell be fine soon. Or at least bump him up in the depth chart. Dudes a #4 seriously?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It's identical to last week's game day roster -- with the one addition of Jake Waters and the subtractions (UPDATE!) of Dakorey Johnson and Jimmy Staten.

JMO, I would not give this "update" too much credit.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/632333651850629120[/tweet]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1v4k0qlb said:
kidhawk":1v4k0qlb said:
2Cool4School":1v4k0qlb said:

yeah that dude, pretty sure hell be fine soon. Or at least bump him up in the depth chart. Dudes a #4 seriously?

He can't even play tomorrow. For him to be on the depth chart over Norwood should be considered as praise for him right now. Plus, this is a pre season depth chart, not a regular season depth chart, you kind of have to take it with a grain of salt

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":23oq4lv2 said:
It's identical to last week's game day roster -- with the one addition of Jake Waters and the subtractions (UPDATE!) of Dakorey Johnson and Jimmy Staten.

https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/sta ... 1850629120

Of course you don't give it too much credit, it's a pre season depth chart. It's not supposed to be a listing of who makes the squad and who doesn't. It's just the preseason. It's gotta be taken with a grain of salt and not as a serious coaches list of the players rank

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":2dc5axj2 said:
hawknation2015":2dc5axj2 said:

Of course you don't give it too much credit, it's a pre season depth chart. It's not supposed to be a listing of who makes the squad and who doesn't. It's just the preseason. It's gotta be taken with a grain of salt and not as a serious coaches list of the players rank

Indeed, to believe this to be the present composition of the depth chart is to also believe that the first preseason game produced zero changes in hierarchy.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":bppkhjcc said:
kidhawk":bppkhjcc said:
hawknation2015":bppkhjcc said:

Indeed, to believe this to be the present composition of the depth chart is to also believe that the first preseason game produced zero changes in hierarchy.

I actually don't even totally buy into the first game depth chart, so them being the same doesn't really mean a lot.

I honestly don't think that we'll see much change in the number ones once the season kicks off, but the numbers 2, 3 etc, that's what will be where the interest lies, at least for me

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ye6wof2 said:
hawknation2015":3ye6wof2 said:
kidhawk":3ye6wof2 said:
hawknation2015":3ye6wof2 said:

I actually don't even totally buy into the first game depth chart, so them being the same doesn't really mean a lot.

I honestly don't think that we'll see much change in the number ones once the season kicks off, but the numbers 2, 3 etc, that's what will be where the interest lies, at least for me

I believe that to be mostly true, except we have already seen a HUGE change with the first team composition of the offensive line this week. You have to expect that situation to continue to morph over the next week or two.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":k2hkrhts said:
I believe that to be mostly true, except we have already seen a HUGE change with the first team composition of the offensive line this week. You have to expect that situation to continue to morph over the next week or two.

I'm not quite so sure as many that those changes will stick. I think when the season starts. Every year they've tried some odd combos on the o-line during training camp. They like to have flexibility when it comes to injuries and they value guys who can play multiple positions. I think that Gilliam is too valuable as a backup for both tackle positions, and his ability to line up on short running downs as a TE (but really an extra lineman) for blocking purposes. I could be wrong, it's too early to be sure, that's just my read at the current time.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":32cs88rk said:
hawknation2015":32cs88rk said:

I'm not quite so sure as many that those changes will stick. I think when the season starts. Every year they've tried some odd combos on the o-line during training camp. They like to have flexibility when it comes to injuries and they value guys who can play multiple positions. I think that Gilliam is too valuable as a backup for both tackle positions, and his ability to line up on short running downs as a TE (but really an extra lineman) for blocking purposes. I could be wrong, it's too early to be sure, that's just my read at the current time.

It could workout that way or it could very well not work out that way as the competition plays itself out.

In the present starting rotation, Bailey would play the flex role as a backup OT . . . the same role he had last year when he was not starting due to injuries.

The same is true at center, as Drew Nowak battles for a starting role.

I definitely wouldn't use this as evidence for that point, as it strains credulity to believe that zero changes occurred in the depth chart since the first game.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
I read somewhere that many coaches think so little of preseason depth charts, they have a PR person fill in the blanks. Take that for what you will.

Latest posts