Updated Seahawks Depth Chart (August 20)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":ahy69pv8 said:
kidhawk":ahy69pv8 said:
hawknation2015":ahy69pv8 said:
I believe that to be mostly true, except we have already seen a HUGE change with the first team composition of the offensive line this week. You have to expect that situation to continue to morph over the next week or two.

I'm not quite so sure as many that those changes will stick. I think when the season starts. Every year they've tried some odd combos on the o-line during training camp. They like to have flexibility when it comes to injuries and they value guys who can play multiple positions. I think that Gilliam is too valuable as a backup for both tackle positions, and his ability to line up on short running downs as a TE (but really an extra lineman) for blocking purposes. I could be wrong, it's too early to be sure, that's just my read at the current time.

It could workout that way or it could very well not work out that way as the competition plays itself out.

In the present starting rotation, Bailey would play the flex role as a backup OT . . . the same role he had last year when he was not starting due to injuries.

The same is true at center, as Drew Nowak battles for a starting role.

I definitely wouldn't use this as evidence for that point, as it strains credulity to believe that zero changes occurred in the depth chart since the first game.

Just because I posted my thought in this thread doesn't mean I'm using the depth chart to add credence to my thought. One really has nothing to do with the other. I was just replying to what you had said about the O-line. I just believe they are always moving guys around there early, but by the time the season starts, I think it will look very similar to the past season. Of course we won't have Unger this year, so the center position is still very much up for grabs.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1ta46ora said:
Also, when did Lemuel Jeanpierre's name receive a hyphen?

I know the name can be spelled as two words, with or without a hyphen, but I had not seen it presented like that before. It's always been one word on the roster: http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster

Will his jersey likewise change?

Ff 1095271 xl

Are you really nit-picking a pre season depth chart? it's supposed to be interesting and amusing. Something to read and consider, but not to be taken seriously and picked apart as a serious list of where everyone is on the actual coach's perception

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":21zuelw6 said:
hawknation2015":21zuelw6 said:
Also, when did Lemuel Jeanpierre's name receive a hyphen?

I know the name can be spelled as two words, with or without a hyphen, but I had not seen it presented like that before. It's always been one word on the roster: http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster

Will his jersey likewise change?

Ff 1095271 xl

Are you really nit-picking a pre season depth chart? it's supposed to be interesting and amusing. Something to read and consider, but not to be taken seriously and picked apart as a serious list of where everyone is on the actual coach's perception

Glad we agree on that . . . I'm just curious about that hyphen. Could it be a typo or is this the correct spelling for Jeanpierre, or should I write Jean-Pierre or even Jean Pierre or JeanPierre? Hmmm . . .

I remember a player from a few years back who had suddenly corrected the spelling of his name after several years of being in the league.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":kfq7zuva said:
Glad we agree on that . . . I'm just curious about that hyphen. Could it be a typo or is this the correct spelling for Jeanpierre, or should I write Jean-Pierre or even Jean Pierre or JeanPierre? Hmmm . . .

I remember a player from a few years back who had suddenly corrected the spelling of his name after several years of being in the league.

I've never seen him on twitter or anything like that where he'd spell his name himself, so it's hard to say which is the proper way.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":2jx49aev said:
2Cool4School":2jx49aev said:
kidhawk":2jx49aev said:
2Cool4School":2jx49aev said:
What? Should of let Cmatt start, dudes a stud

You mean the Chris Matthews, the WR who injured his shoulder and will be out for 10 days? That CMatt?
yeah that dude, pretty sure hell be fine soon. Or at least bump him up in the depth chart. Dudes a #4 seriously?

He can't even play tomorrow. For him to be on the depth chart over Norwood should be considered as praise for him right now. Plus, this is a pre season depth chart, not a regular season depth chart, you kind of have to take it with a grain of salt

Matthews was actually listed as 4th string, behind Baldwin, Lockett, and Daniels last week BEFORE his injury.

Of course, if this had been listed as a three WR set, Matthews probably would have been 2nd string.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":1vsx6x2z said:
hawknation2015":1vsx6x2z said:

I've never seen him on twitter or anything like that where he'd spell his name himself, so it's hard to say which is the proper way.

I wonder . . . it appears it was also spelled "Jeanpierre" on the roster when he played for South Carolina:
http://www.gamecocksonline.com/auto_pdf ... -roster-09

I have seen it spelled more often with a capital 'P', like Ricky Jean Francois. Where is Donald Trump? We need him here stat to demand the birth certificate (long form).

Exittium

Reaction score
if I was the team, for ea day Kam isn't at practice competing I'd bump him back one spot, and then call and ask if he agrees with that, and then if he doesn't mention anything about himself on that list i'll bring it up and say "these guy have been here working hard and competing. Remember nothing is given its earned. "

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If you hover over Lemuel JeanPierre's name it's got him listed at "weight: 61". That explains some of his blocking problems in the first preseason game. Dude needs to put on some more weight. :)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2kkv6gy1 said:
If you hover over Lemuel JeanPierre's name it's got him listed at "weight: 61". That explains some of his blocking problems in the first preseason game. Dude needs to put on some more weight. :)

Ha! And when you click his name, it gives you an error message.

But when you search Lemuel Jeanpierre (one word, no hyphen), the correct page with the correct weight comes up:
http://www.seahawks.com/team/players/ro ... jeanpierre
vs.
http://www.seahawks.com/team/players/ro ... ean-pierre

I'm telling you, if they haven't already, someone needs to ask this guy how he spells his last name.