Frank Clark --steal of the draft, WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

plyka

Reaction score
I don't think it takes much to be able to tell when you have a player. Sure there are some average or above average players who grow in to the position. But in general, I can tell a player after watching 1 game.

Clark is a baller. He is just better than other players on the field. When I saw last year's defensive linemen drafted --Marsh --I saw him in pre-season my my thought was meh, average at best. I could find a player like him on every practice squad in the NFL. He is not special. Clark is special. He was beastly. And he is a defensive linemen, who typically take time to develop --meaning he can and will get better.

What a pick up the Hawks made and in the 2nd round. If I had the 3rd pick in the NFL draft and we did it over, behind Mariota and Crab legs guy, I would take Clark. That's how highly I think of him. Only injuries stand in his way this year and in the years to come. A special player at the most important position on the defense. Very excited about this kid.

kearly

Reaction score
The really cool thing about Clark is that he still has so much to learn as a pass rusher. But even the 'raw' version of him can still dominate in other ways.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Frank Clark was a force, I mean he played the whole game and he was consistent in every quarter playing from 1st strings to 4th. Sometimes you see a player do ok with the 1st and 2nd stringers and he will dominate the 3rd and 4th stringers, but Frank man oh man did he show why JS and PC had to take him even with the backlash that they knew they would receive. Besides that Frank should stay out of trouble and keep his focus on football, and he will be loved over here for years and years if he keeps up with his play-making ability.

Tundra

Reaction score
I'm excited after what I saw in the game last night. One play in particular impressed me. Denver tried to run through a hole on the left side. Clark just pushed the guard( I think it was the guard) back like 3-4 yards into the backfield. The whole time he was aware of the approaching runner and as he approached Clark disengaged the guard by pushing off him like he was nothing and went and tacked the ballcarrier for a loss. The way Clark focused on the ballcarrier was just predatory!!!! Like I said in another post this guy has all the tools it seems to be a force in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.