Scrimmage

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Seahawks plan on broadcasting tomorrow's scrimmage on TV or even on .com?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about broadcasting it. They have been airing parts of the practices at .com though so if you don't find out anything before then, you can always try there and see if they have it.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I thought for sure that they mentioned on the Live Stream today that the scrimmage was both closed, and would not be broadcast. No more training camp info until Monday

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I've been so disappointed with the live coverage of training camp on .com
The camera man has a knack for zooming in on one of the following:
1. Tony Ventrellas turtle face
2. The peanut gallery on the burm
3. Players standing around not doing anything in particular

tony v's commentary rarely ever adds anything of value. Most of the time he's deflecting the topic on some meaningless non-football banter...and often it is about himself.

I'm sick of all the tweets from fans...frankly I don't really care if you're live streaming from your living room.

The saving grace is eye-candy Taylor...I wish she would replace Tony V.

sorry just needed to get that off my chest :pukeface:

A

Anonymous

HunnyBadger":yad8omsz said:
I've been so disappointed with the live coverage of training camp on .com
The camera man has a knack for zooming in on one of the following:
1. Tony Ventrellas turtle face
2. The peanut gallery on the burm
3. Players standing around not doing anything in particular

tony v's commentary rarely ever adds anything of value. Most of the time he's deflecting the topic on some meaningless non-football banter...and often it is about himself.

I'm sick of all the tweets from fans...frankly I don't really care if you're live streaming from your living room.

The saving grace is eye-candy Taylor...I wish she would replace Tony V.

sorry just needed to get that off my chest :pukeface:

Thanks for that, HB. Question is: do you feel better?

Look, we know what you seek, but even those fans sitting on that berm every minute of every TC practice are going to only see evaluation-based drilling and instruction. Nothing remotely real, or that could be used by anyone for anything related to cultivating a competitive advantage or monetary gain goes on in public view. Not anymore anyway. All the "good stuff" goes on when nobody is watching and where no cameras are allowed.

Now, if it were me, and I was in charge of what that camera was pointed at during Seahawks training camp, I most certainly would be shooting a whole lot of ass-scratching, Gatorade drinking, and shoulder-pad adjusting just exactly as they are doing.

Only time I'd do anything different would be when the phone rang from the big house saying "hey, can you give us some shots of Graham catching a Wilson pass for a promo? If not, we'll find someone who can". Even then, I would be inclined to oblige in the most minimal way possible. I'd be like, "Hey Russ, can ya do me a favor and chuck an underhanded behind-the-back goofing-around ball in Jimmy's general direction for me, K? You know the drill..."

Take all the pictures of the berm and folks wearing stretchy-pants you want to, cameraman, so none of my player's routes, moves (or reactions to other player's moves), can be analyzed for weaknesses.

You do want the team to win, right?

AVL

Reaction score
The quality went down when television got involved, go figure.

Cartire

Reaction score
Starts right now, and yes its streaming on .COM

EDIT: T.V. just said they cant show anything from the Mock Game though. Drats.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Tony Ventrella just said in the live feed that they can't stream much of the scrimmage for some reason.

Maybe they don't want to give other teams video to evaluate their players that are on the bubble or something.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
They just said they won't be showing the scrimmage. I think it's competitive reasons.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
If they believe it possibly gives teams a competitive advantage, then I understand. Browns had their entire scrimmage on NFLN last night though, but they're the Browns so...

London12

Reaction score
Annoying that they sent a notification on the App saying it's available to stream and then..it isn't.

Skottt

Reaction score
London12":2a5etszk said:
Annoying that they sent a notification on the App saying it's available to stream and then..it isn't.

Got that notification too and watched the stream, only to be disappointed. If they can't or won't show the mock game, I wish they would just say so.

Edit:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/630103824598999041[/tweet]

Sounds like somebody didn't get the clearance from Pete
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/630127312994852864[/tweet]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I went to a Seahawk scrimmage a few years ago and came away disappointed in it. It was more a "glorified practice" than a real scrimmage. I won't go again or watch it, to me it's not worth it.

Latest posts