How do contracts work ie Kam bam

Status
Not open for further replies.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
So I get that nfl contracts aren't what they seem. That if your cut at the end of it you don't see that money.

but a player like Kam who is in the prime of his career, isn't very likely to get cut. Wont he get his contracts worth?

Basis4day

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2frgbo2y said:
So I get that nfl contracts aren't what they seem. That if your cut at the end of it you don't see that money.

but a player like Kam who is in the prime of his career, isn't very likely to get cut. Wont he get his contracts worth?

Assuming Kam stays healthy he is very likely to see the the full value of his contract.

However, after this season most of Kam's guaranteed money will have been accounted for with two years left on a very team friendly deal. Then consider how violent Kam plays the game and he tole it has taken on his body.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Should of thought about that when he signed the deal. I'm sure we'll be happy to renegotiate an extension after next year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2r3er3k9 said:

If he remains healthy and highly productive, he'll most likely get the rest of his money... $4.55M in 2015 (all guaranteed), $5.1M in 2016 (no guarantee) and $7.125M in 2017 (no guarantee). His contract is a bit back-loaded (escalating salaries throughout the contract) but not too bad.

The problem comes if his production drops off after this year. If so, he may be asked to take less money in either 2016 or 2017. If he refuses, the team may cut him. If they do, he becomes an unrestricted free agent... free to sign with any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts