Report - Earl making steady progress but unsure about wk 1

LolaRox

Reaction score
Not great news, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic that he'll be ready. Hopefully we'll know more when they report to camp next week.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/624237788653862912[/tweet]

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
LolaRox":id5x8ps1 said:
Not great news, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic that he'll be ready. Hopefully we'll know more when they report to camp next week.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/624237788653862912[/tweet]

I assume this is Regular season week 1, not preseason week 1. If so, that's a disappointment. If the latter, then I'll feel much better.

sutz

Reaction score
Hey, I'm OK with this news. It was never a sure thing he'd be back anyway. If he gets back in the first quarter of the season, that's a win in my book.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Meh, have a hard time believing Earl won't be out there. Dude is a warrior .. I would rather err on the side of caution but Earl (and the rest of the secondary really) aren't wired that way.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Thomas told ESPN he has come a long way in his recovery but knows he won't be ready for training camp and admits even the first week of the regular season is a question mark.

Thomas has been engaged in a rehab program he describes as mentally challenging and told ESPN that the Super Bowl was the first time he ever felt physically limited by an injury.

"I'm unsure about everything at this point," he said. "I will find out more when I get back to Seattle on [July] 30th when I take my physical."

hawknation2015

Reaction score
"I'm unsure about everything at this point," Thomas said. "I will find out more when I get back to Seattle on 30th when I take my physical."

I think he means he doesn't know when he will be able to practice, because he hasn't been cleared yet. That could happen as early as the 30th.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawknation2015":pph3j7qi said:
"I'm unsure about everything at this point," Thomas said. "I will find out more when I get back to Seattle on 30th when I take my physical."

I think he means he doesn't know when he will be able to practice, because he hasn't been cleared yet. That could happen as early as the 30th.

This is the one thing that makes me feel better. Sometimes you don't know how hard to push. You're going to have pain, but is it pain from injuring yourself again ?

I tore the ACL in my knee, and when I was going through PT, I would go hard as I could and push myself until the doctors would tell me to back off. I lost the ability to to go PT halfway through rehab, and was on my own. Scar tissue builds up, things start popping and you don't know if things are going right or not.

I'm betting Thomas is way more driven than I am, so it stands to reason he pushes the envelope. I'll worry more July 30th if things don't come out so well.

The good news is that Shead will probably get 1st team reps all through TC. That's a lot of valuable practice time.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Hawks46":3dr1tiut said:
The good news is that Shead will probably get 1st team reps all through TC. That's a lot of valuable practice time.
Yes. This. Player development and maximizing practice time are undebatable strengths of PC's staff.

byau

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":2cgls9pd said:
lsheldon":2cgls9pd said:
Next man up..

Hahaha, wish it was that easy with a player of his caliber.

So true ... but maybe this will give the offense some time to shine and carry the team while the D heals up

And heck, if that means Earl comes in a few games in all nice and healed up that's a few games of wear and tear he saved on his body when you consider it's going to be another deep run (hopefully!)

idahohawk

Reaction score
One thing about this, and Kam, and Sherm, Lane, and Mebane returning is that regardless of the Wilson outcome, RW will have a golden opportunity to prove his worth.

If he doesn't sign an extension, then he has this season to prove he's "elite."

If he does sign, he has the opportunity to prove he can lead this team to victories with multiple pieces of the elite defense missing.

Either way, RW will have an opportunity and we will know very soon.

I just hope everything aligns, and the Hawks march towards Santa Clara, with unwavering focus.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seahawks' Thomas hopes to play in preseason games

The hope for Thomas is to be active after starting the preseason on the PUP list," NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Total Access on Thursday, "to be active for the third or fourth preseason game, get himself into game shape quickly and be ready for Week 1."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ason-games

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
After three years of experience .......with as many tackles Earl has made.....I'm not surprised that he skips Training Camp and Pre-season. Thoughts of vulnerability are more difficult to fight off.