What's the longest you've waited in line...

WolfGreyHawks

Reaction score
...for anything Seahawks related? i.e. buying tickets, training camp, autograph signings etc. Prior to the last 24 hours the longest I've waited was 3 hours for training camp last season. Last night I went with my sister and lined up outside of the Clink at 5:30pm to get wrist bands so she can buy tickets. A little over 7 hours later just passed 12:30am she finally got her wrist band. She was #1817 out of 2000. A little too close for comfort if you ask me. Went back to the Clink this morning at 7:30am and at around 3:30pm her group of 100 was next to purchase tickets. She was able to buy 2 tickets to the home opener against the Bears and 2 tickets to the 49ers game. She got the games she wanted considering how far back she was in the group of 2000. So add those hours up and we waited 15 hours give or take. Was it worth it? HELL YEAH! Would we do it again? HELL YEAH! I just wanted to hear stories from others. Football is coming 12's! FOOTBALL IS COMING!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Was it well organized and were people pretty excited about Seahawk football?

OP
OP
W

WolfGreyHawks

Reaction score
Wenhawk":6wwep8zf said:
Was it well organized and were people pretty excited about Seahawk football?

People were very excited about Seahawks football. Talking about the team and upcoming season is what helped kill the time while waiting. I don't think it should've taken 8+ hours to give out 2000 wrist bands. They had 4 people putting wrist bands around wrists and 3 people taking down your info and wrist band number for the next day. I felt bad for the people that waited for 6+ hours but had to leave before midnight to catch the last ferry back home.

dunceface

Reaction score
Nowhere near 15 hrs but I remember waiting in line for a Steve Largent autograph at the Mega Foods in lacey and then someone called in a bomb threat.....weak

seahawks08

Reaction score
Sorry, I love the team but I would buy from the secondary market if I did not have season tickets. 15 hours is way to precious for anyone these days. Hats off to everyone who had to wait in line.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
After not having to wait at all for Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor on the 12 Tour in 2012 in Tri-Cities, I waited in line for 3 hours the following year (it was about 100 degrees). I would not do that again, but once I hit an hour or whatever, I wasn't going to waste it/give up, and just stuck it out.

byau

Reaction score
Awesome ! Congrats getting those tickets!

I haven't waited that long before but I would given the opportunity :) I think it would be fun to congregate and basically have a 24 hour tailgate party with other 12s - probably see if I can hook up a TV and watch some NFL Game Rewind :D

Down here where I live people line up and do all-nighters for quite a bit of things, most notably right down the road people are camping out for the Rose Parade well in advance and it's quite the all night party

chris98251

Reaction score
Three days, Sonics World Championship games against the Washington Bullets in 79.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Anybody seen Smurf lately? He's our resident expert on soccer and waiting in lines.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Overnight to be up front for Led Zeppelin in the Kingdome, July 17, 1977.
Oh wait, you said "Seahawks related". Never mind :D (P.S. we were way up front)

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawks related it would probably be the traffic lines leaving a Game at the Kingdome.

MLTHawk

Reaction score
I was in that line. Got there at 10:30 am. I was number 250. A long day, but worth it. Going to the opener, Monday night against Detroit, and the steelers. Not bad for $62.00 tickets!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Got in line at around 5 pm for a 7 pm Golden Tate autograph session in 2012. Was told I was number 20 after they capped out the initial 200 people. Around 8 pm, he was done for the night. Supposedly he hit another 100 people after the first 200, yet there was only one more person in front of me before getting in as standby. Somehow 20 people turned into 102 over those 2-3 hours.

I don't wait in line for Seahawks autographs anymore, at least not free ones.

But if you want to talk lines. I just got back from SDCC (San Diego Comic Con) two weekends ago.

Walked a slow moving 2 hour line of about 5,000 people for a lego minifigure (worth $200-$300 if you won it). 4/5 of the people in front of me won one, I of course lost.

Camped out at 4 pm for an 8 am Game of Thrones Autograph session drawing. Buddy in front of me won THE LAST ticket.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
ZagHawk":xzqmu70c said:
Got in line at around 5 pm for a 7 pm Golden Tate autograph session in 2012. Was told I was number 20 after they capped out the initial 200 people. Around 8 pm, he was done for the night. Supposedly he hit another 100 people after the first 200, yet there was only one more person in front of me before getting in as standby. Somehow 20 people turned into 102 over those 2-3 hours.

I don't wait in line for Seahawks autographs anymore, at least not free ones.

But if you want to talk lines. I just got back from SDCC (San Diego Comic Con) two weekends ago.

Walked a slow moving 2 hour line of about 5,000 people for a lego minifigure (worth $200-$300 if you won it). 4/5 of the people in front of me won one, I of course lost.

Camped out at 4 pm for an 8 am Game of Thrones Autograph session drawing. Buddy in front of me won THE LAST ticket.

Damn, that's a lot of bad luck in lines. :shock:

OrFan

Reaction score
chris98251":39x7vg6j said:
Seahawks related it would probably be the traffic lines leaving a Game at the Kingdome.

I would agree if it were not for the stupid crap the Seattle cops did in "directing" traffic out of the games played at the UW. Steering south bound traffic north through the campus never really made sense to me. We finally learned that waiting until the cops left and just using common sense was much faster.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
About 8 hours overnight. It was 1990, and 3 of us decided to wait in line for Van Halen tix at a music store at Lynnwood that had a ticketmaster. Luckily there was a 24 hour Jack in the Box within walking distance for food runs, and 2 of us golfed at the time and CaddyShack which was a 24 hour driving range at the time was close by, so we hit a couple buckets at 3 am while our non golfer held our spot.

Pretty cool experience as we met some real cool people.