Bennett and irvin at Mini Camp Today

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2015/06/16/michael-bennett-bruce-irvin-present-as-grounded-seahawks-sort-of-begin-mandatory-minicamp/[/urltargetblank]

After missing voluntary workouts, both Irvin and Bennett are at team HQ today for the first of a 3 day mandatory mini camp. Bennett was reportedly at HQ for the voluntary OTA, but didn't participate in on-field activities.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Their body (and mind) just needed an extended break. Let's give this a rest.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
No holdouts.

Now we just need to get Wilson and Wagner locked up for the next five seasons, and then everything will be right in Seahawks land.

:179417:

mikeak

Reaction score
Bennett's brother showed up for the Beats as well but made it clear he also wants a new contract.

So we shall see if it lasts / attitude that Bennet has

Laloosh

Reaction score
It was all going so well until Sherm offered Bennett some Gatorade and he demanded a larger cup to drink it out of.

two dog

Reaction score
I don't worry about Irvin. I think he went to an NBA playoff game in his
hometown and had a real, real good time. A guy shouldn't interview in
a situation like that and I bet Bruce would agree with me.

As for Bennett, as others have mentioned he has no real leverage.
They may make a deal for more front money or something so that
he feels like he won something. I don't think he wants to sit home
and if he plays I have zero worries about his commitment and effort.

kearly

Reaction score
Pleasantly surprised that Bennett showed up. Given that Lynch is far more indispensable than Bennett and Lynch held out without much luck last preseason, it would be a bit insane for Bennett to actually hold out and start racking fines. Unlike Lynch, Bennett might not be guaranteed to have those fines forgiven.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Not a surprise they're there, its like a 77,000 fine if they miss it I believe.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Shocker. No, really, I'm shocked.

Ok, so I'm not really shocked. These guys made their statement and when it comes time for it to come out of their wallets, they're in camp.

Sonicsdave

Reaction score
kearly":3gwk9hcy said:
Pleasantly surprised that Bennett showed up. Given that Lynch is far more indispensable than Bennett and Lynch held out without much luck last preseason, it would be a bit insane for Bennett to actually hold out and start racking fines. Unlike Lynch, Bennett might not be guaranteed to have those fines forgiven.

Agreed. I hope the hawks take a hard line approach with Bennett. He is a clown for acting like this. You signed the deal, and in turn that deal has been part of the framework within the cap for every deal and negotiation that has come since he signed it. Couldn't have extended Lynch or Cliff the way they did or taken on grahams cap hit in the trade if they were paying him 12 shmill.

Make a bit less, play for the best, win win win.

Or go play somewhere else and get that fat contract but never make the playoffs again.