Sherman Succeeds Wilson as PFWA Good Guy

kidhawk

Reaction score
CHoxHMCUkAEb 5Q

http://www.profootballwriters.org/2015/ ... rd-winner/

Last year's PFWA Good Guy Award went to Russell Wilson. This year it's Richard Sherman.

he Good Guy Award is given to a NFL player for his qualities and professional style in helping pro football writers do their jobs. The award was first given by the PFWA in 2005.

“Not only is Richard Sherman one of the top cover guys on defense, he’s one of the absolute best for media coverage,” said ESPN’s John Clayton. “He’s smart. Because he studies every aspect of the game, he’s perhaps the best resource for knowledge of the current game I’ve ever run across. He’s willing to be outspoken and quotable. And he’s always available to the media. He epitomizes the Good Guy Award.”

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I wonder how the media's feeling about Sherm this morning after they bit hard on the whole "Football players have to the be most mentally prepared athletes" tweet and the various famous athletes that tweeted their disagreement...only to now find out they were all just playing their part in a marketing ploy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":15g1p0hs said:
CHoxHMCUkAEb 5Q

Last year's PFWA Good Guy Award went to Russell Wilson. This year it's Richard Sherman.

he Good Guy Award is given to a NFL player for his qualities and professional style in helping pro football writers do their jobs. The award was first given by the PFWA in 2005.

“Not only is Richard Sherman one of the top cover guys on defense, he’s one of the absolute best for media coverage,” said ESPN’s John Clayton. “He’s smart. Because he studies every aspect of the game, he’s perhaps the best resource for knowledge of the current game I’ve ever run across. He’s willing to be outspoken and quotable. And he’s always available to the media. He epitomizes the Good Guy Award.”
This is going to drive the niner fans nuts. 8)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1hozpb4x said:
kidhawk":1hozpb4x said:
CHoxHMCUkAEb 5Q

It's a short drive.

A

Anonymous

SnoCoHawk":149lv0tk said:
I wonder how the media's feeling about Sherm this morning after they bit hard on the whole "Football players have to the be most mentally prepared athletes" tweet and the various famous athletes that tweeted their disagreement...only to now find out they were all just playing their part in a marketing ploy.

Wow, is it just me, or are we seeing a little more-than-usual cynicism around here lately? I get it; we work hard, we toil, we tolerate, and we succumb, but can't Seahawks fandom be at least a little respite from all that?

I don't follow enough forms of media to even suggest your comments on a marketing ploy as valid or not, but it sure feels harsh whilst standing on my tippy-toes peeking over the fence.

Are you getting enough protein in your diet SnoCo?

What am I missing?

:snack:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Congrats to Sherman. His maturation over the last year has been impressive to behold. This is a well deserved award for one of the faces of the franchise.

original poster

Reaction score
He's definitely matured massively over the last year!

Although I loved him a year ago, his brashness and arrogance made for fantastic viewing.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2f0aqp1y said:

The media eats that stuff up.

AVL

Reaction score
I don't think Sherman has matured in the last year, rather the whole I'm the greatest/ Crabtree sucks ploy he did from the sb in n. o. through the "tip" got him the attention he needed for name recognition. Everyone who hates Sherman helped make him what he is today, media wise. Mission accomplished and back to the loveable jabbermouth.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I didn't think Sherm would ever even be considered for something like this lookign at how he's usually portrayed in the media as some sort of thug.

grizbob

Reaction score
To be honest, if Sherman was on any other team I would hate his guts :twisted:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3pzhadvf said:

Not at all.

One can object to the way he promoted himself and leveraged his brand earlier in his career without denying that he's probably the best interviewee in the NFL and (when not playing his schtick) an incredibly smart and perceptive guy who, unlike most pro-athletes, is actually willing to speak his mind and worth listening to when he does so.

I've said it many times before, but on balance I really like Richard Sherman.

Well deserved recognition for him, IMO.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1ilzlnk7 said:
Sports Hernia":1ilzlnk7 said:

Not at all.

One can object to the way he promoted himself and leveraged his brand earlier in his career without denying that he's probably the best interviewee in the NFL and (when not playing his schtick) an incredibly smart and perceptive guy who, unlike most pro-athletes, is actually willing to speak his mind and worth listening to when he does so.

One of the most non-homer posts I've read on this site from a fan of any team, and shows a depth of perception that extends beyond usual team-allegiances, in spite of some... uh... key moments where he ruined your team's hopes. You're a gentleman, Popeye.

I wish I could say the same about him if he were on another team. He's interesting to listen to, for sure. I'm just glad he's still a Hawk!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
This is a pat on the back of someone that makes the media happy. So in my opinion it is a thank you for participating award. Beast will never get one.....yeah.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1tke4dgd said:
Popeyejones":1tke4dgd said:
Sports Hernia":1tke4dgd said:

Not at all.

One of the most non-homer posts I've read on this site from a fan of any team, and shows a depth of perception that extends beyond usual team-allegiances, in spite of some... uh... key moments where he ruined your team's hopes. You're a gentleman, Popeye.

I wish I could say the same about him if he were on another team. He's interesting to listen to, for sure. I'm just glad he's still a Hawk!

Better than Marvin who was posting that he hoped someone would injure Sherman by taking out his knees. :49ersmall: