Which would be more devastating?

ptisme

Reaction score
So I got to thinking how much of a slide the Patriots take losing Revis.... So I was wondering which would be worse. The Patriots being without Revis or:
Seattle being without Kam Chancellor?

Tough call IMO but I have to say Chancellor in the middle of that defense means more to Seattle than Revis island for NE... What say you Seattle?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Revis hands down. The Pats are in trouble with their secondary after Revis & Browner leaving.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
Regis, easily. Now if you were to change the player Seattle would be without to Thomas...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Spiderdan":ic9pemka said:
Regis, easily. Now if you were to change the player Seattle would be without to Thomas...
Give the man a cookie. Because this is 100% correct. It's not even in the same universe when factoring in what each brought to their respective defenses.

Though it's close enough for serious discomfort if it's between Chancellor and Revis. Revis would be missed more if that's the choice, by a razor thin margin.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I also agree. Revis was a central component to that defense. Chancellor is a great player. He performs his role at the highest level by NFL standards. But his role isn't transformative. Thomas' ability is. Our scheme is absolutely dependent on his availability and without him we have to change the defense around almost completely.

When Chancellor is out, we can still play the same defense, albeit at a lesser effectiveness. He's the cherry topping to the sundae.

That Pats D is going to be greatly diminished and BB will have a lot of shuffling to do in order to limp along with lesser quality on the outside.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
You have to be able to defend the pass... It's not like the Patriots have a pass rush like they did 13 years or so ago that they could hide a weak secondary.... They are going to have a tough time getting by Luck and the Colts on that side...

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
As a Packer fan I feel Richard Sherman has been just as important an element as anyone for slowing Rodgers and the passing game...

Vetamur

Reaction score
Man, not to go all "Roland", but can we get the spelling in the heading corrected. Im not very spelling Nazi-ish (as evidenced by my using words like Nazi-ish)..but "devistating" is like nails on the chalkboard somehow.

To answer the question.. I think its Earl we would have to lose to feel like we lost the key cog. The Patriots are going to really miss Revis, and to a degree Browner..who I think is better when he is teamed with Sherman or Revis..think we see a bad year coming up for Browner.

seabowl

Reaction score
Spiderdan":20fkc1m7 said:

Now the question is who is more important, he or Kathie Lee?

A

Anonymous

Vetamur":1o57s3d4 said:
Man, not to go all "Roland", but can we get the spelling in the heading corrected. Im not very spelling Nazi-ish (as evidenced by my using words like Nazi-ish)..but "devistating" is like nails on the chalkboard somehow.

:thcoffee:

I got you covered Veta.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2hsz9j3u said:
Vetamur":2hsz9j3u said:

I got you covered Veta.
That's "imbarrassing". Thanks for correcting :D

Vetamur

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":s45870ec said:
Vetamur":s45870ec said:

I got you covered Veta.

Thanks HH!

Tical21

Reaction score
Kam. The LOB has a different name without him.

NINEster

Reaction score
Eric Davis thought Chancellor was more important than Thomas for Seattle success, it's just that Thomas gets more interceptions.

A ex niner CB I'd feel would be unbiased in this observation.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
NINEster":278tc4ta said:
Eric Davis thought Chancellor was more important than Thomas for Seattle success, it's just that Thomas gets more interceptions.

A ex niner CB I'd feel would be unbiased in this observation.

Unbiased? Well, maybe.

But even an unbiased opinion doesn't mean it's accurate.

Kam, without a doubt, brings more big hits, but it's Earl's range, speed, and generally fantastic tackling that allows our D to cover as it does; it puts Kam in position to make the big his near the LOS.

AVL

Reaction score
Revis was only there a year, hardly the foundation of the defense.

The guy was a genius to get Tampa to pay him 16 M to rehab his knee.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Since I couldn't care less about the Pats and it means nothing to me their loss I would have to say Kam.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Revis. Chancellor is an excellent player, and an important, though not critical, part of our defense. Revis is (was) the secondary for the Pats and allows the other players to play at a higher level. A better question would be to compare Pats minus Revis vs Hawks minus Sherman. That would be a lot closer.

Thomas is so much more important to the scheme of his team than any of the other three, that there isn't even a debatable question there.

- bsd