Seahawks Town Hall....

pmedic920

Reaction score
If you didn't watch the live stream, you missed an incredible event.
I caught it live via a notification from the Seahawks app.
Guest were Cable, Seto and Pete C.

The tape is not up yet, I'll post a link ASAP, unless somebody beats me to it.

This was one of the most positive things I've seen or heard since we knew we were going to SB49.

I'm stoked for this season. Best pep rally ever but not really a pep rally.

OMG
GOHAWKS
:{)

Laloosh

Reaction score
"Marshawn needs Russ, like Russ needs Marshawn" - Tom Cable

Was encouraging to hear Pete say that he thinks our depth might be the best that it's ever been this year too.

jblaze

Reaction score
Yeah my most encouraging take away was that our D Line depth and speed was going to be epic this year.

Marsh has been impressing, Hill will be great in nickel again hopefully and Clark could show up and produce as a rookie hopefully. This should allow us to extend the rotation a bit and not require so many snaps per game from Avril and Bennett to keep them fresh for the 4th quarter. Exciting stuff.

Also very excited to see Tyler Lockett return kicks and punts. Last year was atrocious and I cringed every time I saw our WR's back there. That should help a lot. It's an area you can usually come right in and produce at.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
jblaze":351bykke said:
Also very excited to see Tyler Lockett return kicks and punts. Last year was atrocious and I cringed every time I saw our :shock: WR's back there.
I didn't really understand the word "cringing" until I watched Earl fielding those first two punts in last year's opener against the Packers. YIKES!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":2k9r0e1x said:
I absolutely love the whole concept of these town halls.
Obviously I'm biased to the subject matter but it was, hands down, one of the best and most entertaining things I've watched in a long time.

:{)
GoHawks

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Watching Cable break down game film on Sweezy was like watching a kid in a candy store. Great stuff!

Was very glad to hear Pete mention how well Marsh and KPL were doing. Our depth in the front 7 this year could actually be better than it was in 2013.

Exittium

Reaction score
Hell i would have been happy if it ended after the intro.. that in itself got me all jacked up for this season! :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:

drcool

Reaction score
Loved it. Seeing Rocky Seto break down their tackling technique was awesome. There is a lot more that goes into it than "Kam, see that guy? Crush him".

RynoHawk

Reaction score
I'm sorry but Dori Monson ruins this whole thing for me. I can't stand his whiney, nasally voice that screams insecurities... give me Brock any day compared to that piece of garbage... can anyone give me highlights so that I don't have to listen to that shmuck...

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
RynoHawk":1xxuihyt said:
I'm sorry but Dori Monson ruins this whole thing for me. I can't stand his whiney, nasally voice that screams insecurities... give me Brock any day compared to that piece of garbage... can anyone give me highlights so that I don't have to listen to that shmuck...

Suck it up, watch the video.
Focus on what's important and you won't be disappointed :{)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pmedic920":13xn13xw said:
RynoHawk":13xn13xw said:

Suck it up, watch the video.
Focus on what's important and you won't be disappointed :{)
Video wasn't available but the audio download worked fine.

Edit: Went on a full computer and it worked. Good stuff there.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I always have been under the impression that Coach Cable was a grumpy, direct to the point type of coach, but in this video, he appeared well spoken and deeply committed to the success of all his players. I come away very impressed with him as a coach. Seto was also impressive in his belief of the system that PC has brought to the team.

McGruff

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":29tt75zw said:
I always have been under the impression that Coach Cable was a grumpy, direct to the point type of coach, but in this video, he appeared well spoken and deeply committed to the success of all his players. I come away very impressed with him as a coach. Seto was also impressive in his belief of the system that PC has brought to the team.

Cable has been very up front about the coaching transformation he has had to undergo. He was the classic scream and cuss in your face coach. But Pete taught him that encouragement and positivity gets better results than rage.

chris98251

Reaction score
McGruff":135g9yos said:
CamanoIslandJQ":135g9yos said:

Cable has been very up front about the coaching transformation he has had to undergo. He was the classic scream and cuss in your face coach. But Pete taught him that encouragement and positivity gets better results than rage.

You can take the boy out of the farm but not the farm out of the boy, he still would punch you in the face if your not all in :) He's from the generation that I played in, those Snohomish teams were like looking at men in a boys game. Credit Armstrong the coach there at that time.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Cable's comment about Lynch/Wilson that either one alone might not be very good without the other....sorry coach, Beast was Beast before Wilson got here.

Then they show us film of run blocking. yeah, Tom, show us some of that there pass blocking why don't ya?