Pete Carroll to host 2nd annual Seahawks Town Hall

Jville

Reaction score
Tomorrow night .... May 29th .... what ya gonna ask?

[urltargetblank]http://blog.seahawks.com/2013/05/28/pete-carroll-to-host-2nd-annual-seahawks-town-hall/[/urltargetblank]

Edit: For those who didn't see the event.

Link to replay of Seahawks Town Hall video >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Seahawks-Town-Hall/9c7faf14-f9e5-4d4d-93a3-3dbb58972276[/urltargetblank]

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
"Is the defense ready to hold leads to secure wins?"

Just re-watched some of last seasons games (AGAIN). We "should have" been 13-3 and we had no business losing that game in Atlanta after such a great comeback on the road.

Man...

gspin2k1

Reaction score
"What are you guys doing to ensure our Seahawks stay PED free...aside from telling them to poke holes in their pee cups"

bad joke, but "we're doing more than the league minimum" isn't really much info.

kearly

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":29qgupp3 said:

Just re-watched some of last seasons games (AGAIN). We "should have" been 13-3 and we had no business losing that game in Atlanta after such a great comeback on the road.

Man...

No offense, but given how our franchise is the envy of the league, don't you think this comes off a little whiny?

Anyway, if I had a question I would probably ask him to explain how he's going to use the SAM position this year, in great detail. The last couple seasons it was basically a run stopping role, but with Irvin and Avril getting looks there that indicates that Seattle probably won't be using a lot of vanilla 4-man rushes from here on out (which is great, if true).

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":dng1htd7 said:
FlyingGreg":dng1htd7 said:

Man...

No offense, but given how our franchise is the envy of the league, don't you think this comes off a little whiny?

Anyway, if I had a question I would probably ask him to explain how he's going to use the SAM position this year, in great detail. The last couple seasons it was basically a run stopping role, but with Irvin and Avril getting looks there that indicates that Seattle probably won't be using a lot of vanilla 4-man rushes from here on out (which is great, if true).

Perhaps, but it's an honest question and it's legitimate.

The only franchise that should be the "envy of the league" right now (how does one quantify that statement anyways...? Lol) is the Baltimore Ravens, since they are the defending champs. It does no good to have paper titles and feel-good stuff unless you are doing something with it.

And I sure hope we don't think we are the envy of the league, mostly because that's arrogant homerism but also because it isn't accurate. We may not even be the envy of our own division...for as much attention as the Niners get, we better watch the Rams nipping at our heels. It's a great time to be a Seahawk fan and the future is bright, but we haven't earned anything yet.

There's no way to sugar coat it...our defense screwed the pooch in clutch situations last season. That's undeniable fact. Whether or not it was Pete's fault, Gus's fault, lack of a pass rush, etc...who knows. I'm sure they diagnosed it and want to fix it, and Pete has said as much in interviews the last few months...carefully without throwing anyone under the bus.

And I wouldn't expect Pete to get into specifics on scheme or usage of players/positions. He's very adept at answering questions and being insightful without showing his cards.

tooshort

Reaction score
I'm going and my question if allowed to ask it will be

"you and JS have built a dominant roster in record time from parts that don't necessarily fit the majority of schemes and therefore came "cheap". I think we all see a winning blueprint that will soon be heavily copied in a notoriously copycat league. When the league adopts your scheme specific players as its new "prototypes" Do you have flexibility within your preferred schemes to adopt a new direction, especially at expensive positions like CB and DE?"

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
For those who didn't see the event.

Link to replay of Seahawks Town Hall video >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Seahawks-Town-Hall/9c7faf14-f9e5-4d4d-93a3-3dbb58972276[/urltargetblank]