Wilson to miss start of OTAs

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1huh8n59 said:
Sure would be nice if TJACK had been signed already.
He's just testing the market...waiting for that big money

Basis4day

Reaction score
According to Ian Rappaport. A woman named Tammy Meyerson passed away. She was Jimmy Graham's mentor, hence his absence.

Russell Wilson is attending the funeral on behalf of the Seahawks' players.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Basis4day":3vcadiwf said:
According to Ian Rappaport. A woman named Tammy Meyerson passed away. She was Jimmy Graham's mentor, hence his absence.

Yeah I was wondering why Graham was gone too, Wilson and Graham will have great chemistry during this year. The media needs to get more of the story out there, and quit assuming it's about the contract. In the same thing, Avril and Bennett also missed OTAs, and Bennett's situation is more of a contract issue.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thought he already had OTAs.......in Hawaii. :stirthepot:

Basis4day

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1a8k5rnz said:
Basis4day":1a8k5rnz said:

Yeah I was wondering why Graham was gone too, Wilson and Graham will have great chemistry during this year. The media needs to get more of the story out there, and quit assuming it's about the contract. In the same thing, Avril and Bennett also missed OTAs, and Bennett's situation is more of a contract issue.

Wilson's reason was picked up by PFT, so i doubt we'll see too much contract assumptions now.

Here is the obituary for anyone interested

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignit ... id=6456686

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I am really getting frustrated with the Bennett situation. Not attending a voluntary workout because you have to attend to somethign important isn't really much of an issue but what is Michael thinking? He signed a new contract last year and he didn't really improve much during last season, at least not nearly enough to warrant a significantly better contract.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2u3vvsai said:
I am really getting frustrated with the Bennett situation. Not attending a voluntary workout because you have to attend to somethign important isn't really much of an issue but what is Michael thinking? He signed a new contract last year and he didn't really improve much during last season, at least not nearly enough to warrant a significantly better contract.

They're voluntary and will be skipped by plenty of vets not named Michael Bennett.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
The good thing is that it gives Archer and Daniels a chance to get some reps in, we need to figure out the backup for Russell.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I like the show of solidarity for Graham.

I'm getting more and more excited to see Wilson throw to Graham this year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3acx1vz1 said:
Basis4day":3acx1vz1 said:

You're absolutely right.
There's more to the realities of life than a practicing for the fans to watch.
Jimmy's life just took another hit, and with Russell having lost his Dad a few Years back, who better to show support and be there for his new teammate.
Besides, if some fans are concerned that these two needed the time together to get some practice reps, and get some mindset familiarity with one another?, Russ & Jimmy undoubtedly got a lot of that done in Hawaii last Month.
I have no such concern, nor respect for Bennett.
Avril?, who knows the reason for his absence?

Basis4day

Reaction score
http://www.scout.com/sports/nfl/seattle ... -miss-otas

Per Rob Rang:
Speculation is likely to start that Wilson's absence is contract related, though O'Neil specifically noted in his report that this was not the case. There have been multiple reports that Wilson and the Seahawks are "millions apart" in contract negotiations, though SeahawkFootball.com has been told that the sides are, in fact, closer to an extension than some believe.

:snack: