Wilson to miss start of OTAs

Hawks46

Reaction score
Just when I couldn't get more cynical, I see people posting about Facebook posts and I once again ask myself "what the hell is wrong with people?"

Pete Carroll said that Wilson was with Graham, a brand new team mate, helping him through his grief, then he's going to Avril to visit him after his Dad died. We really are a nation of haters.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
"Seattle coach Pete Carroll said Wilson jumped on a redeye “last night” along with Mo Kelly, the team’s VP of Player Engagement, to represent the Seahawks at the funeral in Miami. Cliff Avril was also absent after his father died over the weekend. Carroll said Wilson may also attend that funeral later this week (Avril is from Jacksonville). Carroll said Wilson made the decision to attend the funeral with the support of the team. “We know that there is nothing we can really do, but we are trying to show the love and see if we can help out in any way,” Carroll said."

Source: http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... it-it-out/

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Hawks46":ai5vsske said:
Just when I couldn't get more cynical, I see people posting about Facebook posts and I once again ask myself "what the hell is wrong with people?"

Pete Carroll said that Wilson was with Graham, a brand new team mate, helping him through his grief, then he's going to Avril to visit him after his Dad died. We really are a nation of haters.

I've never seen sooooo much hate for one person. I really don't get the hate. I mean if Wilson had ruin their lives somehow yeah maybe I might get it, are people so butt-hurt from some guy they've never met. It's not just guys too it's females as well that's posting some ridiculous hateful comments.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":24yk139o said:
Hawks46":24yk139o said:

I've never seen sooooo much hate for one person. I really don't get the hate. I mean if Wilson had ruin their lives somehow yeah maybe I might get it, are people so butt-hurt from some guy they've never met. It's not just guys too it's females as well that's posting some ridiculous hateful comments.
Well, I think much of it has to do with media reports about squabbles over money, and the passive aggressive twitter post that are easy to interpret as jabs towards the FO. This combined with his squeaky clean, straight laced, do anything to win public persona leaves a bitter taste in people's mouth.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":3sb3ygv3 said:
Who cares what other fan bases think of RW.

I think that him going with JG is an awesome sign and hope he really is helping.

Also do we forget how many times Walter Jones held out and every year we were so glad to have him on our side.

With the veteran players missing OTA is not as big of deal. I am sure most will get their work in. Plus many of the older players can probably use a little extra time off due to how many games they have played in the last two years.
A left tackle who was a proven all-pro player and among the best of all time at his position are two different things. He had also been in the system for years.

QB on the other hand is a different story. It requires finesse, and developing/timing chemistry with your receivers. That takes time, and a lot of work. I sure hope that he doesn't miss much more time for these reasons.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2b1dqrqj said:
theincrediblesok":2b1dqrqj said:
Hawks46":2b1dqrqj said:

Well, I think much of it has to do with media reports about squabbles over money, and the passive aggressive twitter post that are easy to interpret as jabs towards the FO. This combined with his squeaky clean, straight laced, do anything to win public persona leaves a bitter taste in people's mouth.

I didn't see his twitter comments as being passive aggressive, you might see it like that, as you said the media have spun it so much about him being a money hungry player that anything he does, tweets, or do is all about the contract.

Tell us how you really feel about Wilson, Spin Doctor, your just showing more of your true colors.

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1pypnku9 said:
Spin Doctor":1pypnku9 said:
theincrediblesok":1pypnku9 said:
Hawks46":1pypnku9 said:

I didn't see his twitter comments as being passive aggressive, you might see it like that, as you said the media have spun it so much about him being a money hungry player that anything he does, tweets, or do is all about the contract.

Tell us how you really feel about Wilson, Spin Doctor, your just showing more of your true colors.

LOL :lol:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2rr50176 said:
Spin Doctor":2rr50176 said:
theincrediblesok":2rr50176 said:
Hawks46":2rr50176 said:

I said other people may feel this way, though I will admit that I think his public image is fake. I feel like he has a brand that he's trying to sell, and that is of the squeaky clean, do no wrong, do gooder. That same brand he has created is working against him in the eyes of the public. Whether he was eluding anything with those twitter post or not is irrelevant, because the narrative has been created, and spun by the media that he was. That leaves people to feel like they're being betrayed.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Even though I disagree with your assessment of Wilson's public image, hey at least your being honest.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wilson skipping a voluntary team event to support Graham and Avril in their time of sorrow will go a whole lot further toward bonding them together as teammates than if he'd just gone to the OTAs. That was 100% the right thing for Wilson to do, both as a human being and as one of the leaders of their team. No doubt in my mind. None.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet plenty of people will turn it into something else. Because he's "too nice" or he's "boring" or he only "cares about is image" :?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3prb946k said:
"Seattle coach Pete Carroll said Wilson jumped on a redeye “last night” along with Mo Kelly, the team’s VP of Player Engagement, to represent the Seahawks at the funeral in Miami. Cliff Avril was also absent after his father died over the weekend. Carroll said Wilson may also attend that funeral later this week (Avril is from Jacksonville). Carroll said Wilson made the decision to attend the funeral with the support of the team. “We know that there is nothing we can really do, but we are trying to show the love and see if we can help out in any way,” Carroll said."

Source: http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... it-it-out/

First of all, I am cracking a joke here. So that being said..... :sarcasm_on: obviously Wilson is going to get married as a vice president of player engagements would be to help the persons on the team get engaged. :sarcasm_off:

Just thought I would spin it before some of yall do. :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

McGruff

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":bmvh3hhb said:
Wilson skipping a voluntary team event to support Graham and Avril in their time of sorrow will go a whole lot further toward bonding them together as teammates than if he'd just gone to the OTAs. That was 100% the right thing for Wilson to do, both as a human being and as one of the leaders of their team. No doubt in my mind. None.

And it could honestly be the case that Wilson likes these guys, is a friend, has been supporting them through their grief, and this is a perfectly natural thing to do.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
So Russell is across the country with one teammate while the rest are back here in Seattle working together.

Interesting.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Being with a couple teammates who are dealing with death of their parents is a bad thing? Wow, this guy can't win

McGruff

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2ia4pkz0 said:
So Russell is across the country with one teammate while the rest are back here in Seattle working together.

Interesting.

“Look at it this way. If someone has a hundred sheep and one of them wanders off, doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine and go after the one?" - Matthew 18:12

The rest have coaches, coordinators and each other. Graham and Avril need a friend. WIlson is being that to them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But that's not good enough, the guy who has never missed anything is with his friends. Oh the horror :roll:

AVL

Reaction score
What is a vice president of player engagements?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Wilson also lost his father and knows a thing or two about grieving a parent figure and/or strong mentor.

If people have the audacity to think Wilson is trying to pump up his image and sell his brand is just plain dumb assumptions.

If anything Wilson could miss this whole OTA for all I care... Daniels and Archer need the reps and competition if one of them is going to be the back-up.

This whole situation and the knee jerk negative responses is stupid, selfish, and hateful.

Latest posts