Pinkins to linebacker

Scottemojo

Reaction score
How cool is that?

Seattle is a college program. Draft athletes and traits, not positions. Fill positions with athletes and coach them up.

Suck it Ruskell.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well, they take wide receivers and make them into Darell Revis West, take perfectly good DL guys and make them into stud OL guys so color me not surprised.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
He's at around 221 now, looking to get his body to 230

Looks like we posted the same time McGruff

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score

I see them molding him into a big safety/nickel LBer hybrid who can nullify big TEs. Seems like a killer of a player to put on STs as well.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3tt1uj8j said:

I could be wrong but I think Pete said he was already at 230 and will be working at that weight in the next month to see how he handles it.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1gydnj1f said:
theincrediblesok":1gydnj1f said:

I could be wrong but I think Pete said he was already at 230 and will be working at that weight in the next month to see how he handles it.

I'm just reading from the article, maybe he is but the article at .com says he has always maintain a 221 weight and will target 230 weight.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/05/10 ... e-minicamp

DJrmb

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2cgbgp95 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2cgbgp95 said:
theincrediblesok":2cgbgp95 said:

I'm just reading from the article, maybe he is but the article at .com says he has always maintain a 221 weight and will target 230 weight.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/05/10 ... e-minicamp

Sounds like Pinkins came in at 230 and actually had to cut weight back down to 221 last year but he's naturally more around the 230 range. It also sounds like that's about where he's at now and just plans to maintain and not put any more on. Pinkins talks about his weight around 40 seconds in.

[youtube]diG1a3BHnMo[/youtube]

drrew

Reaction score
Seattle Times says Pete noted Pinkins is at 238 right now. That's more than big enough for a movement OLB.

netskier

Reaction score
That is only one pound less than Kam. They might be training him to hit really hard, so he can backup Kam, and play LB. Kam playing hurt was enough to lose us the Superbowl, as were a bunch of other things.

Plus, Pinkins might become a Gronk Buster, since he is six three and faster than Gronk, IIRC. Press him and cover him.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
drrew":17u6vdil said:
Seattle Times says Pete noted Pinkins is at 238 right now. That's more than big enough for a movement OLB.
What I thought I heard Pete say in his day-3 presser is Pinkins isn't holding that weight... fwiw.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Dang.. was hoping he'd transition over to corner but it looks like they pulled the plug on that experiment. The move to LB is interesting however. I wonder why they aren't trying to convert him to safety like Kam if he has the size for it?

nanomoz

Reaction score
A couple of savvy posters suggested last year this might become a thing. I recall folks saying he would make a mean nickel or dime linebacker; or even a third safety/headhunter in the cover three.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Mojambo":2z7271bk said:
Could be a replacement for Malcolm Smith.

I think that's KPL more than Pinkins. But the Malcolm transition to LB is a sound comparison.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Eric Pinkins is “probably the most improved guy on the football field:” That’s coming from Pete Carroll. You might remember that Pinkins played safety in high school, but the Seahawks saw him as a possible cornerback when they drafted him in the sixth round in 2014. That didn’t last long as he struggled heavily, and the Seahawks decided to move him to outside linebacker after he added weight. What Pinkins’ improvement means for his future on this team as a linebacker isn’t clear. The Seahawks could use depth at linebacker, and Carroll said there aren’t many outside linebackers in the league who are as fast as Pinkins is. But he also said, “We’ll see what happens when we go to camp.” Pinkins can obviously play in space, but can he be physical enough to be a linebacker? Can he hold up against the run? Can he learn the drops into coverage that are so different than a defensive back?

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... mini-camp/

Latest posts