So, my question is,......Moeaki or Willson??

Paschtorian

Reaction score
My money's on Moeaki.

Hungrier.

And studlier. Period.

Pay the man,............let Willson warm the bench (at reduced pay).

crosfam

Reaction score
Willson. Higher ceiling - they drafted him and started him in the SB for a reason. Just can't see Moeaki catching a 25 yard TD over the middle.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Willson has some talent and I think potentially has a higher ceiling if he improves his catching ability. This will be Willson's 3rd season and Moeaki's 6th. We seen a lot more of Willson than Moeaki last year and I don't expect that to change.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Paschtorian":jlufwyo6 said:
My money's on Moeaki.

Hungrier.

And studlier. Period.

Pay the man,............let Willson warm the bench (at reduced pay).

Willson is playing on a 5th round picks rookie contract. I'm not sure it's possible to reduce his pay. I expect out tight end depth to be:

1. Graham
2. Willson
3. McCoy
4. Helfett
5. Moaki (if he's even resigned at all)

Basis4day

Reaction score
Willson is really raking in the dough as he'll me making less than Greg Scruggs, Ricardo lockette and desean shead.

What really stands out about moeaki other than his 63 yard catch and run against the niners?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1p2ood78 said:
Willson is playing on a 5th round picks rookie contract. I'm not sure it's possible to reduce his pay. I expect out tight end depth to be:

1. Graham
2. Willson
3. McCoy
4. Helfett
5. Moaki (if he's even resigned at all)

I'm curious as to who would be the fastest TE of this group?

stang233

Reaction score
Willson is faster. 4.51 vs 4.56 40 times. Jimmy has way better body control and agility.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Moeaki isn't under contract and yet they've already re-upped on McCoy.

Willson will very, very easily be the #2 with or without Moeaki.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Willson.

Better player, more upside, just turned 25, cheaper, has only missed 1 game, bounces back quickly from what at the time appeared to be legit injuries., ran Larry Foote into retirement.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
As long as "double L" can hold on to the ball consistently, he and Graham could be quite the pass catching duo.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Willson has more upside, but he is perhaps the most inconsistent player on the Hawks. Because he is on a rookie deal there is no reason not to keep him for a while, but if he can't become more consistent then the Hawks shouldn't offer him a 2nd contract. Potential is meaningless after while if they show they will never reach it.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Sign them both and see which makes it out of camp. I watched Moeaki play about every game at Iowa (my kid goes to school there) and that dude is a serious baller. His NFL career thus far has been marred by injury. When healthy, he would be an absolute beast opposite Jimmy. That's the catch--but is he finally healthy? Get him back here because if our roster ended up with 1. Graham 2. Willson 3. Moeaki we would have one of the strongest, if not THE strongest tight end grouping in the league.

If he beat out McCoy for the third TE roster spot, that's saying something. And it's not like McCoy has been the pinnacle of health here either.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Yeah, let's get rid if the 6'5" TE that runs the 40 In 4.54 seconds and stays healthy. :sarcasm_on:

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Keep them both on. I'll sacrifice a WR for two TEs. They're both equally talented. You've heard of the platoon the M's are going to try with their outfielders? The Hawks can do the same for the backup TE spot.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Chawks1":2tdetdco said:
Yeah, let's get rid if the 6'5" TE that runs the 40 In 4.54 seconds and stays healthy. :sarcasm_on:
Remind me again how big an impact he had in the SB. I'll wait.